Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Captain Magic posted:

I watched Herzog’s Nosferatu the other day, man what a flick

Great film. The locations they shoot in are so cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I really wanna find + watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21WDjMUZzYY

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Aside from classic books, of which there are too many for me to read them all, I think David Lynch is the single biggest gap in my popular culture knowledge.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Inland Empire is the scariest movie I've ever seen. I've never rewatched it though maybe it doesn't hold up but god drat it was horrifying the first time

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

it's really boring lol but it has fun vibes
mulholland drive is the spookiest film i've ever seen, that had me shook

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Do any of the regulars like spicy food?

I ordered wings in a hot sauce called 911. In my head, I heard Joey Styles screaming "SOMEBODY CALL 911" followed by "OH MY GOD." Too hot, probably not ordering that again.

Sorry if this is too much wrestling, I wanted to tell someone and figured y'all would understand the best.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i liked mulholland drive, and i like spicy foods

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

That DICK! posted:

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I think my only Full Lynch is Lost Highway. Spooky but didn't gently caress me up. Weird! I lol'd at the road rage scene.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

That DICK! posted:

that's another movie i've seen more than once!

spicy foods are great too. there are some cowards here who can't handle it though iirc

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I like spicy foods when the spice has flavor and purpose. I never understood the appeal of eating something spicy just for the sake of eating something spicy, like the oodles of hot wings that are made hot JUST to be hot. At least make it taste good!

I fear I’ve become the “if you don’t work a body part you aren’t telling a story” spicy foods equivalent.

Ganso Bomb fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jun 27, 2023

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I edited this experimental movie once for this lunatic that shot it all on a drat Flip camera, it was insane but he had me watch every Lynch and Von Trier movie that I hadn’t already seen for inspiration and that was a really weird time in my life.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Ganso Bomb posted:

I like spicy foods when the spice has flavor and purpose. I never understood the appeal of eating something spicy just for the sake of eating something spicy, like the oodles of hot wings that are made hot JUST to be hot. At least make it taste good!

I fear I’ve become the “if you don’t work a body part you aren’t telling a story” spicy foods equivalent.

Fragile taste buds, fragile tongue, weak spirit, weak gut

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

melancholia is so good

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

yea ok posted:

melancholia is so good

great film

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Ganso Bomb posted:

Some people can get a euphoric high from eating spicy food. Ed Currie, the creator of the Carolina Reaper, is one of them:

https://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation/growing-carolina-reaper-history-ed-currie-hottest-pepper

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Penguin Patrol posted:

Fragile taste buds, fragile tongue, weak spirit, weak gut

It's true, I have a baby belly (bible bonkers) and get heartburn pretty easily now

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I'm seeing the fancy new Wes Anderson next week

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

That DICK! posted:

This is the mantra I say to myself in the mirror every morning

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

NienNunb posted:

This is the mantra I say to myself in the mirror every morning

If you say this in a candlelit mirror three times in a darkened room, your reflection turns into David Lynch and tells you the local weather

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

yea ok posted:

melancholia is so good

this

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Bluedeanie posted:

I think my only Full Lynch is Lost Highway. Spooky but didn't gently caress me up. Weird! I lol'd at the road rage scene.

i played ff14 during covid and when i quit my friend made this video with my character

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7fB6D8_WAk

i dont understand how she made it and after watching the movie im still not sure what it means but it makes me laugh. the mustachio'd man at the end was my original character before she forced me to change it to something less dumb looking

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

ohhh maybe its just a dick thing.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

House that Jack Built is an all time great movie to me and Melancholia. Love Von Trier

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Love Dogville if for nothing else than having the balls to go,"Yeah gently caress it we're not building sets, just put some white outlines on the floor and write what they're supposed to be on them :colbert:"

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

It’s been a long time but I remember really liking The Kingdom.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

They should let Tom Hanks make That Thing You Do 2. That Thing You Two.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
he should make Mazes And Monsters 2: Out On Parole

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
he needs to get to work on the trilogy and make Bigger already

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

tom hanks needs to gently caress off.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Big? More like Tiny. Tiny Tom Hanks. Try being large like Paul Wight.

Bitch

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

good morning. i want to quit my job so bad lol

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

The Burbs.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

jesus WEP posted:

I've felt like that at every job I've ever had. But these dang kids gotta eat. The good thing is that this helps me stay satisfied in jobs because I know wherever I go I'd want to just quit so one job is as good as another

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

jesus WEP posted:

What’s stopping you

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Let’s all quit at noon on the dot

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

That DICK! posted:

i don't go in until 1

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

That DICK! posted:

it's 3pm

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Penguin Patrol posted:

i don't go in until 1

CALL AHEAD!

WAIT TIL TOMORROW!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

That DICK! posted:

CALL AHEAD!

i'm the first one in to unlock the doors, i'd just be leaving a voicemail for myself!