Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I shot down 3 chopers in the same round with the hover tank. It's the best vehicle in the game IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

God drat, feels like it's impossible to find any 64 player servers that aren't located in Germany and laggy as poo poo.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Concordat posted:

I still like the tracked tank better.

I honestly did too, even though the hovertank was fun as hell. Maybe the traction was better in the EU tank? :shrug:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Does anyone have the youtube link to the video from a couple years ago of goons blowing up the streamer's scout chopper on Dawnbreaker over and over again with SRAWs and UCAVs?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Oh god that was so fun

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

canyoneer posted:

Does anyone have the youtube link to the video from a couple years ago of goons blowing up the streamer's scout chopper on Dawnbreaker over and over again with SRAWs and UCAVs?

And Frag shotguns, SMAWs, a P228 and I think SLAMs or C4 at one point. Search the thread for Wiggitybear

edit:

Lazyfire posted:

If anyone was wondering, we did make it on Widgitybear's stream last night and in his archives.
q
http://www.twitch.tv/widgitybear/b/515148317

About 3 hours 4 minutes in.

I think I'm too bored at work

Nebiros fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Sep 28, 2016

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Nebiros posted:

And Frag shotguns, SMAWs, a P228 and I think SLAMs or C4 at one point. Search the thread for Wiggitybear

edit:

I think I'm too bored at work

No longer available, so all that boredom wasted on nothing. :(

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

That's the guy who quit a job at Intel to stream BF4 from his mothers basement.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Sandweed posted:

That's the guy who quit a job at Intel to stream BF4 from his mothers basement.

Just before DICE nerfed repping the Little Bird, and he quit streaming pretty quickly after that. :classiclol:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Sad that a piece of history is lost.

I think he switched servers because "people are hacking" after he got UCAV'ed a few times in a row.

If I recall correctly, the guy used to only play Flood Zone and Dawnbreaker after the first round of nerfs. Then it was just Dawnbreaker, because Flood Zone became unsurvivable for scout choppers.

I just looked the guy up on Twitch and he is apparently streaming again.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
[whispering]

the boys are back, the boys are back

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

I really should get the UCAV but ugh, jet ribbons. If they handed those out for twin-towering buildings, I'd be all set. :eng99:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Tippis posted:

I really should get the UCAV but ugh, jet ribbons. If they handed those out for twin-towering buildings, I'd be all set. :eng99:

When that came out a bunch of goons went on servers to cheese it. Parked a jet somewhere, and had guys jump in front of the guns 😀

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

2142 still super fun when you don't have an unlucky streak. If there's a silver lining to the unlocks/stats being janky as gently caress it's that PK rocket vosses haven't become the one loadout you ever see in in an area without vehicles. Also for whatever reason it quickly gives you the bottom row of unlocks all the time even without having them unlocked (either a glitch or some manipulation of the squad unlock system) so you at least have a full kit.

It's peaked at 855 players online at once so far and pushes that number further most days, so I'm glad people are enjoying it enough to keep it alive :)

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Sep 30, 2016

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I remember being contrary and using the Baur despite its decided inferiority in 2142, but yeah, Voss. Forever Voss.

although one of the team default rifles was actually better for me, but only one. I forget which one, which might be an issue if I pick it up again.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Probably the krylov, which is the PAC one with the green scope. I used the baur with the shotgun attachment too, because I'm special and different. Not like those other posers. When they pick up my kit (because I died because it's inferior) they'll think "Woah!

This player is dumb."

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Digirat posted:

Probably the krylov, which is the PAC one with the green scope. I used the baur with the shotgun attachment too, because I'm special and different. Not like those other posers. When they pick up my kit (because I died because it's inferior) they'll think "Woah!

This player is dumb."

That's what happens when people see my loadouts

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Krylov :love:

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Psion posted:

I remember being contrary and using the Baur despite its decided inferiority in 2142

yeah dog. Feel the raw power.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The thing about the voss vs baur situation is that the guns are incredibly inaccurate in 2142, so a weapon that starts more accurate, suffers less inaccuracy from recoil, and has more ammo in a clip more than makes up the disadvantage of doing less damage. The baur is basically the opposite of that and it suffers for it. Although it is generally better when you pop around a corner to get someone, since every gun somehow still misses half its shots point blank and doing more damage matters at that point. Also at long ranges it kind of gets the edge back because you're tap firing in single shot at that point, where more damage is better.

The baur's other advantage is you can reload, shoot 1 bullet, then reload again and you just put another clip in there. Where did the first one go.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Chronojam posted:

That's what happens when people see my loadouts

Yes but your weird loadouts work pretty well as long as you understand the chrono™ method of using them.

Also lol widgetybear is trying to be a pro CS:GO streamer but said he thinks he will be back for bf1. I guess nobody told him small arms fire hurts aircraft so this should be entertainment.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
Not sure if I should unlock the Voss or the Lambert first.

Also the EU pistol is way better than the PAC one.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

If you use recon a lot or want to use its gadgets more offensively, lambert is really valuable because it lets you spawn on points that are actively getting attacked or fight on titans. Considering that RDX is the best way to blow up consoles by far, that's more than a niche use. But I unlocked it pretty late in the gamespy years so I didn't use it much.

Orv
May 4, 2011
The Lambert is so good that I basically never used a sniper rifle again. Just cloak around killing everyone from behind with a gun that actually (mostly) shoots bullets straight.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
On the UCAV chat, it used to be much, much better. Let's see if I can recall all the nerfs that have been done to it:

-Killed reloading from ammo crates. At release, you could camp a crate and pump a stream of UCAVs out.
-Nerfed blast radius.
-Nerfed reload time from 10ish seconds to a minute or more.
-Adjust reload time to 45 seconds.
-Removed the ability to spawn with a UCAV.
-Changed damage model against vehicles so it no longer did 40 straight damage and a disable. Now does piss all.
-Initial spawn time 45 seconds, 10ish for everyone after the first.

Those last three all came out together a patch or two back. It used to be really, really good but too many people asked for it to be nerfed. So here we are.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I just started playing this game about a week ago, and Altai Range is loving amazing. I absolutely hate the map, but every single round I've played it there have been at least a half dozen snipers from both teams sitting on the central mountain, ignoring each other and doing nothing. It's the most Battlefield.jpg thing I've ever seen.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Concordat posted:

Not sure if I should unlock the Voss or the Lambert first.

Also the EU pistol is way better than the PAC one.
Lambert, because it means Recon becomes a class worth playing. The Voss is good for the EU, but the Krylov is better than the Voss and the SCAR is serviceable. Besides, with assault, you should be getting a good chunk of your kills with the PK rockets anyhow. Once you get the 4+4 magazine upgrade, assault really turns into a rocket launcher with an assault rifle attached instead of the other way around.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Tasoth posted:

On the UCAV chat, it used to be much, much better. Let's see if I can recall all the nerfs that have been done to it:

I'm still pissed they killed MAV boosting cause that was the best.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

10 years later, completely arbitrary mutiny votes against the commander are still happening every single game :allears:

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Party Plane Jones posted:

I'm still pissed they killed MAV boosting cause that was the best.

Yeah, I do miss that. Made the big desert map just ridiculous.

Digirat posted:

10 years later, completely arbitrary mutiny votes against the commander are still happening every single game :allears:

Haha, love it.

The best of all was when a mutiny would succeed, and then nobody would actually replace the commander.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Digirat posted:

And I vote Yes every time.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Been playing a lot of 2142 recently and having a loving blast, this game owns just as much now as it did way back when, and now I can run it at 60fps with no hiccups too

I just hope they get the awards working properly, game's a grindfest as it is now

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

turn off the TV posted:

I just started playing this game about a week ago, and Altai Range is loving amazing. I absolutely hate the map, but every single round I've played it there have been at least a half dozen snipers from both teams sitting on the central mountain, ignoring each other and doing nothing. It's the most Battlefield.jpg thing I've ever seen.

The best part of that map is ucaving a cluster of them and getting a quad kill. For maximum salt get a buddy with a Jav and use the paper airplane to designate their spawn beacons.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Points/unlocks are now working for 2142, so your score properly adds to your rank after a round. Awards are still really buggy though. It didn't save a titan survival pin that it said I earned in the match, but it somehow thinks I have 2,537 combat efficiency pins. Doesn't feel like it's giving me rank progress for awards either, but I can't tell (at any rate it certainly didn't give me points for all those pins it recorded).

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

for the revive servers do you need to download their game files or can I install off the disc and grab the dlcs from the site if they have them? I'm not at my pc to check right now.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

You can just point the revive launcher to wherever the game is already installed, and have it download the expansions

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

They should just scrap the rewards and unlock system and unlock everything for everyone, problem solved.
gently caress that grindy bullshit.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Digirat posted:

You can just point the revive launcher to wherever the game is already installed, and have it download the expansions

awesome, thanks

Bob Wins
Oct 25, 2010
God the PAC starter (Krylov) is so much better than the voss, I said it way back then and im saying it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWbYzWMJ60U

• Locked thread