Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Molothecat posted:

Right now.

And the D/L is so slooowwwww...

Great!

VODs are always huge, it will take awhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
I'm about 40 minutes into Thor.

Man, this sucks. Was it made in the 80s by any chance?

E: "We are looking for Sarah Connor."

Mister Kingdom fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Oct 5, 2011

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Mister Kingdom posted:

I'm about 40 minutes into Thor.

Man, this sucks. Was it made in the 80s by any chance?

E: "We are looking for Sarah Connor."

That's exactly why I loved Thor. It's a cheesy 80's movie with modern special effects.

Thor rules. :colbert:

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Laser Mission is GREAT. That McBain joke killed me because I was thinking that exact thing before the joke was made.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

bobservo posted:

Laser Mission is GREAT. That McBain joke killed me because I was thinking that exact thing before the joke was made.

I love how the movie's soundtrack was recorded inside a 55 gallon drum in the back of an abandoned warehouse.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Laser Mission, much like Abraxas, is a movie where the basic description makes it sound like one of the most awesomely bad movies of all time, but the movie itself doesn't match up to how great it should be. Not only is Borgnine only in the movie for like 10 minutes total, but there's not a single laser in it at all. None. What exists of the plot is hard to even understand because half of the time, you can't even hear the actors.

The best part is how much the movie loves and is dependent on the Mercenary Man theme song.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Watched Thor with the riff tonight. God, I didn't enjoy that movie much the first time, but I really didn't enjoy it at all the second time. And the riff wasn't that great either. A few of the jokes had me laughing pretty hard, but most of it seemed to fall flat :(

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

Gavok posted:

Laser Mission, much like Abraxas, is a movie where the basic description makes it sound like one of the most awesomely bad movies of all time, but the movie itself doesn't match up to how great it should be. Not only is Borgnine only in the movie for like 10 minutes total, but there's not a single laser in it at all. None. What exists of the plot is hard to even understand because half of the time, you can't even hear the actors.

They did make a lot of jokes about the lack of lasers. A lot of the movie was the two leads wondering aimlessly in the desert.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
All those Borgnine masturbation jokes. I don't know whether I should be falling over laughing or vomiting. Probably both.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Just so you guys know, it's a reference to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I_PeLNzxNQ

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

Robert Denby posted:

Just so you guys know, it's a reference to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I_PeLNzxNQ

Well poo poo, apparently I'm going to live to 120.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
New Rifftrax coming next week, "Half Blood Prince":
http://www.rifftrax.com/rifftrax/harry-potter-and-half-blood-prince

Sample: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEl_XzBhHVk

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Robert Denby posted:

New Rifftrax coming next week, "Half Blood Prince":
http://www.rifftrax.com/rifftrax/harry-potter-and-half-blood-prince

Sample: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEl_XzBhHVk

Does anyone else miss the posters with Mike, Bill, and Kevin photoshopped in?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

All of this Laser Mission talk made me finally realize I have the movie already. It's in a 50 sci-fi movie bundle. Cost me like $5 and it is full of so many MST3K and RiffTrax movies.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Well the latest short is another absolute nightmare from the eldritch depths of 1970s educational theories. It's like Donald in Mathmagic Land except about grammar and in live action and created by Satan himself. With an extra helping of frightening balding fish-lipped men with no indoor voice and a strangely effeminate manner.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Well the latest short is another absolute nightmare from the eldritch depths of 1970s educational theories. It's like Donald in Mathmagic Land except about grammar and in live action and created by Satan himself. With an extra helping of frightening balding fish-lipped men with no indoor voice and a strangely effeminate manner.

And a complete waste of a monkey.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Ensign_Ricky posted:

I suppose it's possible that a studio decided to be an arse about their messing with copyrighted artwork. Sometimes publicity material (especially for major movies) comes with long lists of restrictions on how it can/must be used - I remember WB being a particular pain about Harry Potter stuff in my magazine days.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Is that supposed to be the Brave Little Toaster?

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Golbez posted:

Nah, it's disembaudio.

http://www.rifftrax.com/riffers/audio-syncer/disembaudio

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Golbez posted:

Have you never been to Rifftrax.com? He's on every page.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm okay with Disembaudio, but the recent running joke of him singing horribly has really got to go.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Payndz posted:

I suppose it's possible that a studio decided to be an arse about their messing with copyrighted artwork. Sometimes publicity material (especially for major movies) comes with long lists of restrictions on how it can/must be used - I remember WB being a particular pain about Harry Potter stuff in my magazine days.

I thought parody laws allowed them to do it

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Has anyone tried the Rifftrax for the Star Wars movies with the new blurays? I just wondering if the lengths of the movies changed or if the scenes changed enough that the Rifftrax don't work.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

bobservo posted:

I'm okay with Disembaudio, but the recent running joke of him singing horribly has really got to go.

I'm okay with it over the credits, but not during the movie.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

The end of Titanic is goddamned hilarious

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Vicissitude posted:

At least they got rid of the deafening guitar chord that used to be at the end of every video. I now have a Pavlovian response that involves scrambling for the mouse seconds before a short is about to end.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Vicissitude posted:

Also during the sex scenes in The Room. I'm sorry, but it was a wonderful distraction from the Wiseau-rear end.

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009

bobservo posted:

At least they got rid of the deafening guitar chord that used to be at the end of every video. I now have a Pavlovian response that involves scrambling for the mouse seconds before a short is about to end.

This is me every time. I thought I had a broken file the first time I didn't hear it. Sometimes I watch shorts when I'm falling asleep at night. Almost to the edge of sleep then BAM - guitar riff into wakefulness.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Also during the sex scenes in The Room. I'm sorry, but it was a wonderful distraction from the Wiseau-rear end.

And in 300. Poor mama Disembaudio comes in and sees the boys watching this filth. So disappointed and ashamed.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Vicissitude posted:

And in 300. Poor mama Disembaudio comes in and sees the boys watching this filth. So disappointed and ashamed.

I dunno, she kinda got off lucky compared to Nana Disembaudio.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Rifftrax is going to try live streaming again:
http://www.rifftrax.com/live

They're showing the first 10 minutes of their next VOD title tomorrow along with a vodka tasting, and in a week they'll have a Halloween marathon showing of "Maniac" and "House on Haunted Hill", plus shorts (all previously released stuff, but still, if you haven't seen these, its a $2 ticket for three hours of great riffing).

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Robert Denby posted:

Rifftrax is going to try live streaming again:
http://www.rifftrax.com/live

They're showing the first 10 minutes of their next VOD title tomorrow along with a vodka tasting, and in a week they'll have a Halloween marathon showing of "Maniac" and "House on Haunted Hill", plus shorts (all previously released stuff, but still, if you haven't seen these, its a $2 ticket for three hours of great riffing).

Pretty cheap, if it even works this time.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Gavok posted:

The best part is how much the movie loves and is dependent on the Mercenary Man theme song.

I found it interesting that Laser Mission and Abraxas (or Abraxus according to its DVD menu) were riffed around the same time. I own both movies via an official double feature DVD I got a few years ago, I'm sure this is why. :). It sits proudly next to my McBain and Bulletproof VHSes.

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica
I will never not love Harry Potter riffs. Every single one of them is my favorite. Half an hour into Half Blood Prince and I've already forgotten why I was in such a sour mood earlier today.

Who wants to see me do this shot off Ginny's stomach??! Ron? No?

edit: Parodying Alan Rickman's voice is also never not funny. Drrrrrrragonnn. Balllllls?

Locutus of Bald fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Oct 21, 2011

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Gavok posted:

The problem with the Laser Mission riff is that Laser Mission is less of a goofy bad action movie and more of a painfully, painfully bad Cold War comedy. You just can't turn good jokes out of bad "Boris and Natasha" shtick, no matter how hard you try.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Holy crap, I just found out via Cracked that Shake Hands with Danger is actually twenty-five minutes long instead of the 13 and a half we were treated to.

Mike, Kevin, Bill, on behalf of the internet, I hereby demand that you release an uncut version of the riff!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Holy crap, I just found out via Cracked that Shake Hands with Danger is actually twenty-five minutes long instead of the 13 and a half we were treated to.

Mike, Kevin, Bill, on behalf of the internet, I hereby demand that you release an uncut version of the riff!

Isn't the full version supposed to be kind of gross? I'm assuming they just used a version that cut out the explicit gore.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
They did indeed cut it, but all the gore is present in the Rifftrax version. The full short is on YouTube, and they cut two chunks out of it, which start here and here if you're interested. Nothing terribly interesting was removed, though it is weird to hear "get this poo poo out of here" in a safety film.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Robert Denby posted:

[...] though it is weird to hear "get this poo poo out of here" in a safety film.

"Get this machine out of here" :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkannoyed
Oct 31, 2003

If you're dissatisfied, disappear.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

"Get this machine out of here" :eng101:

"NOW!" :argh:

• Locked thread