Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Hatebreed posted:

This is why I hate vwvortex.

My mind keeps screaming PHOTOSHOP. They look really weird.

They also look visually heavy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatebreed
Aug 31, 2006

by angerbot

Ziploc posted:

My mind keeps screaming PHOTOSHOP. They look really weird.

They also look visually heavy.

They look/scream that they're cheap as poo poo and weirdly sized. Why 19x8.5 :iiam:

SiliconX
Sep 18, 2004

That damn Pharah again...

College Slice
Welp. why the hell not?

Click here for the full 1280x857 image.

2006 Honda Civic SI. First new car I've ever owned, I baby it even if it is just a Civic. Almost 5 years old and just a touch over 40K kms.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Hatebreed posted:

They look/scream that they're cheap as poo poo and weirdly sized. Why 19x8.5 :iiam:

I, too, hate VWVortex and never visit. They're not "cheap as poo poo," and why not 19x8.5?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I think they are really nice man :)

Brain Issues
Dec 16, 2004

lol
I think they look nice too, and I hate VWvortex.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Are people angry because vwvortex LIKE the wheels?? Hahaha.
Most of the dub scene hates them because 'too many people bought them' so who gives a poo poo. It's not a scene approved mod anymore.

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

A5H posted:

Are people angry because vwvortex LIKE the wheels?? Hahaha.
Most of the dub scene hates them because 'too many people bought them' so who gives a poo poo. It's not a scene approved mod anymore.

I think people hate them because they are way too loving big

The wheel design is nice but much better suited in a 17" or 18" size where there's some actual sidewall

Blaster of Justice
Jan 6, 2007

by angerbot

Contraband posted:

I think people hate them because they are way too loving big

The wheel design is nice but much better suited in a 17" or 18" size where there's some actual sidewall

The sad fact is, that everything larger than 16" makes me uncontrollably mad and boiling with rage and fury.

Daneo
Mar 15, 2009
My new toy. The engine has been completely rebuilt, so hopefully the apex seals will stay where they are for a while.

e:
Specs
New stock turbo's running at ~1bar
Apexi ECU
Gizzmo boost controller
850cc injectors
D2 coilovers
HKS exhaust
Powerflex bushings in the rear
Ferodo DS2500 Pads

The wheels are völks 17" with michelin pilot's on them.

Daneo fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Oct 11, 2010

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Specs?

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Daneo posted:

My new toy. The engine has been completely rebuilt, so hopefully the apex seals will stay where they are for a while.

e:
Specs
New stock turbo's running at ~1bar
Apexi ECU
Gizzmo boost controller
850cc injectors
D2 coilovers
HKS exhaust
Powerflex bushings in the rear
Ferodo DS2500 Pads

The wheels are völks 17" with michelin pilot's on them.

Too bad about the coilovers, they're utter garbage.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Not only is that filter trash it looks like it has a tear at the base.

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006
Yeah; cop that, guy with an overall really quite nice new car

Sterndotstern
Nov 16, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Daneo posted:

Well, it's a lovely piece of kit, and you should revel in its purple magnificence. Take it for a spirited drive or even a track day or two.

Then consider the input of the two gentlemen above me. They're not threadshitting; the coil overs are iffy and that filter does look rather tattered; consider an ITG foam filter if you still want free-flowing air with a minimum of nasty bits.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

They're not that bad unless they are leaking.
Obviously they're no ohlins or whatever, but what do you want for a couple of hundred quid.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Daneo posted:

If you go to replace the air filter get one with a bend at the base so it won't rub against the car.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

SiliconX posted:

2006 Honda Civic SI. First new car I've ever owned, I baby it even if it is just a Civic. Almost 5 years old and just a touch over 40K kms.

I know it doesn't get much love round these parts but that is one good looking little car. We only ever got the run of the mill sedan here so I'm jealous.

SiliconX
Sep 18, 2004

That damn Pharah again...

College Slice

dissss posted:

I know it doesn't get much love round these parts but that is one good looking little car. We only ever got the run of the mill sedan here so I'm jealous.

Thanks! I actually wanted a sedan but in Canada for 2006, there was no Civic SI sedan like there was in the states, we had the Acura CSX Type S. A luxury Civic seemed kind of silly to me.

Figures they released the SI sedan here for 2007 :argh:

Mr.Peabody
Jul 15, 2009

Blaster of Justice posted:

The sad fact is, that everything larger than 16" makes me uncontrollably mad and boiling with rage and fury.

At least bump your tolerance up to 18".

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

Mr.Peabody posted:

At least bump your tolerance up to 18".

I hardly think thats a conclusive test - they even mention the compound is different between the <=17 and 18+ tyres

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Boiling with rage and fury? Get some therapy man.

Blaster of Justice
Jan 6, 2007

by angerbot

CharlesM posted:

Boiling with rage and fury? Get some therapy man.

I need it man.

For content: My daily ride.

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

Rolling in cash, I see. :v: Is that the 3l?

Why do you keep your phone in the center? I started to keep mine right by the door where it's out of the way and still easy to see and reach.

Crowley fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Oct 12, 2010

Blaster of Justice
Jan 6, 2007

by angerbot

Crowley posted:

Why do you keep your phone in the center? I started to keep mine right by the door where it's out of the way and still easy to see and reach.

It's for an android I use for navigation.

Yes, it's a 3.0

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

It's for an android I use for navigation.

Yes, it's a 3.0

Try putting it on the left. I use my phone for navigation too.

As far as I can see you're driving a manual, but otherwise I've been ogling this close match. I'll probably end up getting something newer and more boring though.

Blaster of Justice
Jan 6, 2007

by angerbot

Crowley posted:

Try putting it on the left. I use my phone for navigation too.

As far as I can see you're driving a manual, but otherwise I've been ogling this close match. I'll probably end up getting something newer and more boring though.

Yes, it's a 2002 manual (different engine too - this is a ES9-J4S at 210 Hp not the ES9-J4 at 190Hp). Yeah, it's kind of old but in good shape, and I like it ;)

Daneo
Mar 15, 2009

Sterndotstern posted:

Well, it's a lovely piece of kit, and you should revel in its purple magnificence. Take it for a spirited drive or even a track day or two.

Then consider the input of the two gentlemen above me. They're not threadshitting; the coil overs are iffy and that filter does look rather tattered; consider an ITG foam filter if you still want free-flowing air with a minimum of nasty bits.

Yea, i know the air filter is poo poo, and it is definately on my to do list. I think two of those ITG filters would be pretty awesome.

I'm also aware that the coilovers aren't the best around, and if i were to buy a set myself, they wouldn't be my first coice. Still though, i actually find that they ride quite well. Maybe i'm just lucky and got some from a good batch. Or maybe they'll decide to poo poo themselves tomorrow. I guess we'll see :) If they don't i can keep them and be happy. If they do i have an excuse to get something better.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate
French car goons represent. If I had to have a Pug with a V6 it'd be the 406 Coupé. We never got the wagon here. I like wagons :(

Blaster of Justice
Jan 6, 2007

by angerbot

Hello Spaceman posted:

French car goons represent. If I had to have a Pug with a V6 it'd be the 406 Coupé. We never got the wagon here. I like wagons :(

Well, if you live in the US you never really got any Peugeot past the 405, did you? Didn't Peugeot stop US exports in 1992?

stump
Jan 19, 2006

Hello Spaceman posted:

I had a green '98 406 1.8 estate. Lovely car, handled as well as the BMW's I've had since and had a massive boot. Always wanted 2.2 HDI since.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

SiliconX posted:

Thanks! I actually wanted a sedan but in Canada for 2006, there was no Civic SI sedan like there was in the states, we had the Acura CSX Type S. A luxury Civic seemed kind of silly to me.

The Civic sedan actually didn't come here until 2007 also.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

Well, if you live in the US you never really got any Peugeot past the 405, did you? Didn't Peugeot stop US exports in 1992?

I'm in South Africa.

We got tons of Peugeots. I've never seen a 406 wagon on the roads.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

SiliconX posted:

We didn't get the Si at all in that generation just the basic models (which funnily enough look like the CSX). There are a few grey imports Type Rs from Japan but they end up really overpriced.

Hello Spaceman posted:

Plenty of wagons where I am but they almost always come with the auto transmission (which the french have never got round to figuring out). Most of the manuals are that horrible 1.9l diesel (the better HDI still commands quite a price premium).

Blaster of Justice
Jan 6, 2007

by angerbot

dissss posted:

Plenty of wagons where I am but they almost always come with the auto transmission (which the french have never got round to figuring out). Most of the manuals are that horrible 1.9l diesel (the better HDI still commands quite a price premium).

The only reasonable excuse for driving a 406 (besides the design) is the PSA-ES9 J4S engine.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

The only reasonable excuse for driving a 406 (besides the design) is the PSA-ES9 J4S engine.

You must be a really dedicated Peugeot anorak to memorise that naming convention. More dedicated than even the Toyota guys.

Blaster of Justice
Jan 6, 2007

by angerbot

Hello Spaceman posted:

You must be a really dedicated Peugeot anorak to memorise that naming convention. More dedicated than even the Toyota guys.

It's not that hard, really. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSA_ES_engine

Anyways, it's the only factory provided engine that, with little modification, can launch that big lump of steel and aluminum from 0-150 mph on the edge of wheel spin (friction with lovely tires) all the way.

I admit, I have an unnatural and unsound relationship with the ES9 J4S. Sorry, I need therapy.

The Toyota guys? I've been driving Supras for years. Please tell me about the Toyota guys.

Blaster of Justice fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Oct 14, 2010

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Please tell me about the Toyota guys.

He meant the engine naming system. 7MGTE. 4AGZE. 1JZGTE. 1ZZ-FE.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

Sockington posted:

He meant the engine naming system. 7MGTE. 4AGZE. 1JZGTE. 1ZZ-FE.

That would be correct. These engine codes make no sense to me at all :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autism Monday
Mar 18, 2005

anime comes to life and kisses me on the lips

Hatebreed posted:

Yeah, they look pretty weird. I'd expect to see something like that on a Civic and not on an Audi, but it's not my money.