Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
Skarn's bane is a pretty expensive spell, Circle of Arcane Power might be useful too. I know my arcane blaster uses Night Warrior as its passive since lowering charge times is nice when your main spell is Eldritch blast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
So, would I need to pick an innate that improves constitution along with ego and intelligence as an arcane blaster? Or would I go with the one that increases healing? I'm thinking hitpoints will kinda be necessary so I wont be as much of a glass cannon.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
Here's the basic layout of the build I use, its capable of doing any 4 of the rampages given a group that knows what they're doing, Gravitar may kill you a few times but that's just life.

http://powerhouse.nullware.com/powe...TO43KK0CATName:

The rest of the slots you can fill with heals/rezzes/buffs or whatever you need but all you need to do is stand in the circle and hurl magic missiles at dudes.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
In case it isn't clear, Palliate/Absolve is in there to get rid of unwanted aggro and give it to someone else who probably deserves death much more than you do. Detaunt powers are fun!

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Cosmic Knight set is out.

It's cool. We're going to see a lot of neat costumes out of the headless option.

That head-style with the mask and the Kirby Dots behind it? You can use just the energy ball, or just the mask, or neither and be headless.

The eyes still show though, which kind of blows.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

The eyes don't show if you use "monstrous" or similar as a base. :cryptic:

Also, only like 3/4s of the concept art they posed is actually in the set, which is disappointing. That big ol' staff deal is the only weapon skin, for instance.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Ah, learn something new every day.

Yeah, there's two different staffs listed in the costume box when search for cosmic stuff, yet there's only one model and it's for only one weapon set, Heavy Weapons. My favorite part of the concept (the helmet) got in, so I'm not too disappointed, but there was some really cool stuff they skipped over. Such is the nature of concept art, I guess.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Having a headless option really makes that set worth picking up even if you're not super interested in the rest of it. There's just so much you can do with that.

The floating mask is a cool thing too.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Whoever they have doing costume designs now, they're really good. All of the most recent costume sets are really interesting-looking and well designed.

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Standard models come in white labcoats for inexplicable reasons.
They're good, but I really wish they'd stop making skirts and hip pieces that don't have a back.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

General Maximus posted:

They're good, but I really wish they'd stop making skirts and hip pieces that don't have a back.
Honestly I imagine part of this is because the ones that do have backs tended to have horrible clipping issues. :ssh:

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Most of which could be fixed pretty easily by making the back pieces slightly thicker or slightly further out from the back. Also not buttcapes cause those never work in this game.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
So for anyone wondering the Halloween Blood Moon event is up. This is kind of a big deal. Why is it a big deal? Well, it drops some amazing stuff that can break the game.

For instance, each of the undead heroes has a rare device drop. These devices are the same as abilities you can pick up while choosing powers, except scaled six levels higher than the level your character is when they drop. Picture calling down an orbital strike that looks like something out of Command Conquer on any character. Also, if you're at cap the devices don't cap at 40. So you can get an ability that's six levels over the cap. Combine that with an AOE skill like orbital strike or ground pound and you have a recipe for breaking the game.

Also the events themselves are cool. Which makes them worth a quick look. Each one actually triggers a localized zombie apocalypse in Millenium City. Complete with Dawn of the Dead style infection rules. A civilian on the street dies? Well, that civilian is going to get up as a zombie. They even have mechanics for them getting knocked down and struggling as a zombie eats their guts. :stonk:

Archonex fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Oct 19, 2014

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

New patch today includes a different variety of lockbox (of course):

as well as DIGITAL AURAS HOLY poo poo

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/9001663

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Need that gladiator set

NEED that fishman set

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Check this poo poo they're putting in the next lockbox:

A loving TRAIN VEHICLE??

LOOK AT THIS loving THING IT HAS TEETH LOOK

A legit skeleton costume set with proper geometry, not a reskin of an existing asset:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
The digital aura interest me, but I haven't really played since auras were introduced. Am i reading this right that I'd have to pay 400+ points for it, then get them all, but only on one character?

If so that's....loving dumb. If it's buy once use on everyone as I see fit, then hell yes.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

Light Gun Man posted:

The digital aura interest me, but I haven't really played since auras were introduced. Am i reading this right that I'd have to pay 400+ points for it, then get them all, but only on one character?

If so that's....loving dumb. If it's buy once use on everyone as I see fit, then hell yes.

Kinda, sorta. It's pretty dumb. I might not remember exactly since it's been a while, but how I think it works is:

You buy the aura pack, you get all the auras in it. One copy of each, but you can technically trade them from one of your characters to another, since they're account bound. HOWEVER, you only have one aura 'slot' default, and you'd have to pay to unlock more (up to a maximum of four always on slots and four only in combat slots) if you wanted to mix and match auras. Again, this is per character and not per account.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

need skeleton and S&M train in my life jesus christ

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Flesh Forge posted:

A loving TRAIN VEHICLE??

Teeth and side mounted gatling guns.

It's beautiful! :swoon:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Light Gun Man posted:

Aura packages include like 5 or 6 varieties in the form of separate tokens for each variety, which are account bound, and can be freely traded between characters if you have a hideout/shared bank slots (I'm pretty sure they cannot be mailed since they are bound). This particular package includes full-body "skin" fx, and you won't be using all 6 tokens on one character anyway since you only have 1 always-on slot and 1 in-combat slot. Unless you buy more slots! NB: Aura slots from the zen store are per-character.

Archonex posted:

Teeth and side mounted gatling guns.

It's beautiful! :swoon:

I hope the teeth are animated and gnash and grind and poo poo that would own hard

Why is this dumb game so fun I dunno

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

Flesh Forge posted:

A loving TRAIN VEHICLE??

Wanna suplex that train

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Thanks for the aura info guys, that's less dumb than I first thought. I don't see why auras can't just be a costume option, but whatever they gotta make money I suppose.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Here's a head scratcher for you: Your character has 100 aura storage slots. You can buy more aura storage slots just in case you have more than 100 aura tokens! But aura storage slots are per-character. :confused:

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006

jjac posted:

Wanna suplex that train

New character concept get. Shame I don't have any more slots for alts.

sharkbeard
Jun 24, 2013

Completely Unamused
So I picked this game up after realizing it's the same company as STO, and a friend of mine told me it was fun.

So far it's been pretty neat, but I have to admit I absolutely loathe, LOATHE, how some archetypes can't NOT wear a freaking hat/headgear.

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

sharkbeard posted:

So I picked this game up after realizing it's the same company as STO, and a friend of mine told me it was fun.

So far it's been pretty neat, but I have to admit I absolutely loathe, LOATHE, how some archetypes can't NOT wear a freaking hat/headgear.

I'm not quite familiar with the new player experience in this game as of recently, but I recall they severely limit the costume options for anyone who hasn't finished the tutorial I think? After that, you can wear and look like anything no matter your powers or gear.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, I think the idea is to limit the options so first time players aren't overwhelmed in the costume creator. This isn't a bad idea in theory, but it's obnoxious if you already know what to do.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I never ran into that limit, so I guess it's tied to character level somehow? I'm pretty certain it goes away in a pretty short while though, and I know it isn't applied to every later character that you make since I made one from scratch when I started playing F2P. Post your character's name(s) so we can invite you into the guild, in the form of "Charaactername@username". We have a bunch of useful noob poo poo in the bank like permanent costume unlocks and various short-term boosters.

sharkbeard
Jun 24, 2013

Completely Unamused
Well, that'd be Elly@Sharkbeard. And Is it so wrong for me to want a skirt that DOESN'T make me look like a complete prostitute?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Flesh Forge posted:

I never ran into that limit, so I guess it's tied to character level somehow? I'm pretty certain it goes away in a pretty short while though, and I know it isn't applied to every later character that you make since I made one from scratch when I started playing F2P.
Yeah, it's only to first time players and I'm pretty sure it was only added when F2P hit. If you've ever beat the tutorial (even before the F2P transition) you never see the limited costume stuff.

sharkbeard
Jun 24, 2013

Completely Unamused

So this is what I mentioned. There are a ton of options for hats, but no option for NO hat. And that bugs me.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

The top title bar is also a pulldown, change it to "Hats and Heads" or something like that. Also, every body part category has the same kind of titlebar/pulldown, there are A LOT of costume combinations.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

sharkbeard posted:

So this is what I mentioned. There are a ton of options for hats, but no option for NO hat. And that bugs me.

To be fair, you're in the Hoods section of head options. Top of the screen, Hoods, little downward triangle on the far right side of that blue tab. It's a dropdown menu with a lot of head options, like animal heads, facial masks, no masks (and so no option for headwear as well), bubble domes, and so on.

I guess that kinda ties in to the whole 'not overwhelm people with options' because to me, that isn't obtuse and totally obvious, but apparently, some people gloss over such.

EDIT: gently caress, beaten.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

sharkbeard posted:

Well, that'd be Elly@Sharkbeard.

Your character is in a noob/default supergroup, so you can't be invited to the goon SG. When you log back in please type /sgquit and I'll invite you.

e: I see you ingame and I'm talking to you but I guess you're afk or something?

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Oct 27, 2014

sharkbeard
Jun 24, 2013

Completely Unamused

Flesh Forge posted:

Your character is in a noob/default supergroup, so you can't be invited to the goon SG. When you log back in please type /sgquit and I'll invite you.

e: I see you ingame and I'm talking to you but I guess you're afk or something?

I was desperately trying to remove my hat, was unsuccessful. And did I mention I hate games that force you into groups like that without your knowledge or consent? Also, I left it just now
Total Edit: After spending time with some people from this site, I realized I am a retard and this issue is no longer relevant, sorry.

sharkbeard fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Oct 27, 2014

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

sharkbeard posted:

Well, that'd be Elly@Sharkbeard. And Is it so wrong for me to want a skirt that DOESN'T make me look like a complete prostitute?

I've been saying that since launch. Although you may be having the same issue with the hoods. There's also medium and long skirts in that pulldown.

Some of the non-default skirts in the short category end up at a reasonable length (for a superhero costume, anyway) like the pleated one.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

It was the pulldowns, and I think we have a new costume addict among us.

Tenbux McGee
Jun 23, 2005
I had :tenbux:

sharkbeard posted:

This is madness! Everyone knows that all female superheroes dress like insane whores! What next, are you going to say you want your heroine's breasts to be smaller than DD, or that you don't want three quarters of your costume to be bare skin?

In other news, I subbed and hit 40 with a munitions AT. I now strongly anticipate a shutdown notice now that I've joined the (really late) party. I've been offloading things I'm not using to the SG bank box.

As a note: the wiki in the original post is very dead and the other one I've found is comically outdated. As in two or three years outdated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, the wiki person got banned for being a fame whore and stopped updating it. The other one never really got going.