Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

AnElegantPeacock posted:

How cool are the Robotech models? I dig giant robots and models of said robots.

The models are really nice and all on sprues. I have both the UDEF and Zentradi forces. They come with stickers straight out of the show and all of the Valkyrie models have their three modes.

chutche2 posted:

What scale are these robotech models?

All game pieces are 1/285th scale (40mm – 70mm tall). I only have the small based models as I didn't get the SDF-1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Awwww yuss going to a 32x5player team event in march. Registration was full in 7 mins! Gonna be pretty wild!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
My goal is to win a game with mah bae zerkova1

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

So I got the MuseOnMinis minions full color acrylic tokens and I am very pleased with them. My original plan was to get muse for my minions, and Broken Egg for my Skorne. I have heard grumbling about there being issues with quality control on Broken Egg as far as not enough tokens, and not having a full list of the tokens that should be in each pack, so I went with the Muse first. That's no longer the plan as I am gonna get Muse for my Skorne now.

One thing I haven't seen is a reference for how big these tokens are. Above is a large, medium, and small base across the top. The tokens are just a few that involve feat, mini feats, upkeeps, abilities, and fury tokens. I forgot to add in the size of the animus tokens, but they are roughly the same size as the ability tokens (in this case Siege of Mists). On the bottom from left to right are US currency quarter, nickel, and penny.

I will say that there is a "correct" side to put these tokens down on the table that is slightly annoying. One side has thicker acrylic coating, and that side should be face up for the token to look "best". I will update this post a little later in the day to show what I mean. To even mention it is being nitpicky beyond all reason, and it should be a sign that this is a really legit product if I have to look so hard to find something wrong with it.

I highly recommend the muse tokens if you play more than a 5-10 games a year.

Nighttheii
Nov 21, 2007
hi
Does a new model coming with a mk2 card count as a mispack?

I bought a madelyn corbeau from DGI, assuming it would be a mk3 card, since she's gone out of stock on that site during mk3. I have received a mk3 card with all non-mercenary models the last few times I've bought models from anywhere, other than leftovers on the LGS shelf from mk2.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Nighttheii posted:

Does a new model coming with a mk2 card count as a mispack?

I bought a madelyn corbeau from DGI, assuming it would be a mk3 card, since she's gone out of stock on that site during mk3. I have received a mk3 card with all non-mercenary models the last few times I've bought models from anywhere, other than leftovers on the LGS shelf from mk2.

Yes.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Tonight I battle with Trolls again. I expect to lose but have fun doing so. That being said any help is appreciated.

My pairing is;

Borka, Vengeance of the Rimeshaws - WB: +29
- Dire Troll Mauler - PC: 15 (Battlegroup Points Used: 15)
- Dire Troll Mauler - PC: 15 (Battlegroup Points Used: 14)
- Dire Troll Mauler - PC: 15
- Dire Troll Mauler - PC: 15
- Rök - PC: 21
- Troll Axer - PC: 10

Troll Whelps - 5 Whelps: 4

Krielstone Bearer & Stone Scribes - Leader & 3 Grunts: 6
- Stone Scribe Elder - PC: 3

Effigy of Valor - Steamroller Objective

And

Grissel Bloodsong, Marshal of the Kriels - WB: +27
- Dire Troll Bomber - PC: 19 (Battlegroup Points Used: 19)
- Dire Troll Mauler - PC: 15 (Battlegroup Points Used: 8)

Fell Caller Hero - PC: 5
Braylen Wanderheart, Trollkin Outlaw - PC: 5
Stone Scribe Chronicler - PC: 4
Swamp Gobber Chef - PC: 1

Trollkin Runeshapers - Leader & 2 Grunts: 9
Trollkin Runeshapers - Leader & 2 Grunts: 9
Krielstone Bearer & Stone Scribes - Leader & 3 Grunts: 6
- Stone Scribe Elder - PC: 3
Sons of Bragg - Wrathar, Tor & Rhudd: 11
Trollkin Highwaymen - Leader & 9 Grunts: 15

Armory - Steamroller Objective

Borka 2 is about annoying my opponent with ARM 20 counter charging models that can shrug off low pow guns and make them pay in melee. Berka's feat means that I have very little to fear when it comes to getting alpha'd since mostly everything will just be stationary after one attack.

Grissel 2's list is making the most out of Deflection, trying to get Def 15 on most units to make them really hard to shoot. This list gets played if their is a split scenario since I can send some off to hold a flag/zone.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Yeah the new Broken Egg tokens are nice but mine have issues with alignment on the images and even one misspelling.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
They're an official licensed product so of course they're crap. PP has the worst judgment for licensing products.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Jimmy Hats posted:

Awwww yuss going to a 32x5player team event in march. Registration was full in 7 mins! Gonna be pretty wild!

Where's this?

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I'm going to guess the Ontario Team Championship.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

mp5 posted:

Yeah the new Broken Egg tokens are nice but mine have issues with alignment on the images and even one misspelling.

So far, I've seen Stanglehold and Annihilation Arcane.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

rydiafan posted:

Where's this?

Fyrbrand posted:

I'm going to guess the Ontario Team Championship.

Aww yuss. I am on the KRG nerfherders please look forward to it

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I'm mad the ATC got scheduled that same weekend. I feel stupid missing such a big event. Hopefully we'll be able to avoid being the same weekend in the future. If that events full and there's any teams that didn't make it in, please send them our way. Thanks!

Anyway, remember that awesome Statler and Waldorf mod? It's not alone: http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?263141-Muppets-Evolved-A-Minions-Charity-Army

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

Fyrbrand posted:

They're an official licensed product so of course they're crap. PP has the worst judgment for licensing products.

I thought it was pretty shocking that broken egg, who was really lambasted over the last few years for lovely customer service and shipping times, was chosen as the official supplier. Maybe they know something I don't.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
My experience with broken egg on recent(ish) stuff was fine after hearing horror stories from prior years.

Muse however has been nothing but top tier service and support so I always go there first.

Also John signed my MK2 Menoth book a few years ago despite looking painfully embarrassed by the joke at first. Hoping to get it signed by Don JaMeris if I ever end up at the same con again, just so the circle will be complete.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Sent a PM about the robotech stuff. Might be able to use them for battletech if the size is close.

Aix Athanatos
Nov 3, 2011

Jimmy Hats posted:

Aww yuss. I am on the KRG nerfherders please look forward to it

I'm on team Black Knight Primal. I'll fite u, nerd

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

CaptCommy posted:

So far, I've seen Stanglehold and Annihilation Arcane.

Menoth has 'Combat Coodrination'.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Museon Minis makes really nice wooden tokens for each faction.

I got the Protectorate Holy Crusaders faction pack, I'm super satisfied with it. You can also get them in coloured acrylic, but they're really garish and ugly. The wooden ones are nicer imo.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Aix Athanatos posted:

I'm on team Black Knight Primal. I'll fite u, nerd

Good!! I will crush your dick!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Gonna play some warmen 2night gonna be slick

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
So will I, maybe. So I tried making a full list with my actual stuff, some kind of generalist jack of all trades list. Tell me it sucks.

War Room Army

Khador - Viscount's Full House

Theme: No Theme Selected
75 / 75 Army

Lord Kozlov, Viscount of Scarsgrad - WJ: +28
- Juggernaut - PC: 12 (Battlegroup Points Used: 12)
- Spriggan - PC: 19 (Battlegroup Points Used: 16)

Kovnik Jozef Grigorovich - PC: 4
Widowmaker Marksman - PC: 4
Yuri the Axe - PC: 6

Iron Fang Pikemen - Leader & 9 Grunts: 15
- Iron Fang Pikemen Officer & Standard - Officer & Standard: 4
Widowmaker Scouts - Leader & 3 Grunts: 8
Winter Guard Infantry - Leader & 9 Grunts: 11
- Winter Guard Infantry Officer & Standard - Officer & Standard: 4
- Winter Guard Rocketeer - PC: 2
Kayazy Eliminators - Leader & Grunt: 5

---

GENERATED : 11/02/2016 15:55:06
BUILD ID : 2024.16-08-27

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
IMO, with kozlov I'd leverage his feat and spell list by bringing manowar instead of light infantry, but it's understandable if you don't have those.

Also the spriggan is hot garbage, if you want reach take Ruin. I would take the battle box decimator over a spriggan.

Yuri is also pretty bad unless you're using him for a janky elite cadre list in which case he's still mostly bad. He's too drat expensive. I would bring almost anything for 6 points other than yuri.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

So I guess I am gonna need to order Zaadesh 2 as soon as possible?

Rumor says he's confirmed Fury 6 and I can't stand up right now.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

I could swap the Spriggan and Yuri for Beast-09 and either Wishnailer or Harlan Versh. How would that go?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
This is my kozlov list

Kozlov
-Sylys
-Decimator
-Jugg
-Jugg
-Marauder
Kovnik Andy
-Jugg
Iron Fang Kovnik
Uhlan Kovnik Markov
IFP
-UA
Battle Mechaniks (min)

Never underestimate the ability to run a pile of pathfinding warjacks 12" into your enemy and laugh as they try to crack arm22. Also decimators are actually really good from my recent experience.

To elaborate, sustained attack really makes pesky poo poo like warpwolves and cryx/legion heavies think twice about picking a fight. Beat back also makes drat certain their heavies are always 11" out from your decimator, which tends to take away their 1" range weapons.

The Duchess Smackarse fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Nov 2, 2016

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Hahahaha my meta and I were talking about how hard PP is pushing counter charge casters into the game. I like it since it adds another layer of strategy to the field. Depending on his feat, MAT and any abilities he could be pretty decent.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

yeah but torch > spriggan > decimator

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

albany academy posted:

yeah but torch > spriggan > decimator

Ehhhh torch is def better than the sprig but it's hard to compare him to the decimator. The main draw of the decimator is the rof 2 pow 15 beat back shots which are hella good and which torch doesn't have.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Hahahaha my meta and I were talking about how hard PP is pushing counter charge casters into the game. I like it since it adds another layer of strategy to the field. Depending on his feat, MAT and any abilities he could be pretty decent.

My group was chatting about Aradus Soldiers pulling people out of engagement with Counter Charge would be cute, though hard to set up. Tiberion's smite would also be fun.

I wonder if Scarabs would not be interesting in the very least to tie up charge lanes and maybe eat a few basic warriors, even if their MAT leaves a bit to be desired.

A couple of Brutes could also be nice.

Its a decent spell list and a good start as long as his rules and feat work out.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Piles of counter charging scarabs are gonna really gently caress up infantry charges

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

If there was a way to get boosted attack rolls on the counter charge, I could see countercharging Archidon swarm being cute to potentially hilarious due to crit pitch.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
So here is something I just found out. You can accurately predict the Focus/Fury of a warcaster/warlock by adding their number of spells together then adding 2. It only doesn't work on models who's stat was adjusted from the edition change.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

War Room Army

Khador - Viscount's Full House

Theme: No Theme Selected
75 / 75 Army

Lord Kozlov, Viscount of Scarsgrad - WJ: +28
- Juggernaut - PC: 12 (Battlegroup Points Used: 12)
- Decimator - PC: 16 (Battlegroup Points Used: 16)

Kovnik Jozef Grigorovich - PC: 4
Widowmaker Marksman - PC: 4
Iron Fang Kovnik - PC: 4
Kell Bailoch - PC: 5

Iron Fang Pikemen - Leader & 9 Grunts: 15
- Iron Fang Pikemen Officer & Standard - Officer & Standard: 4
Widowmaker Scouts - Leader & 3 Grunts: 8
Winter Guard Infantry - Leader & 9 Grunts: 11
- Winter Guard Infantry Officer & Standard - Officer & Standard: 4

---

GENERATED : 11/02/2016 18:49:32
BUILD ID : 2024.16-08-27

Swapped Yuri and the Spriggan for a Decimator, IF Kovnik and Kell Bailoch, the matter two for helping with 'Jacks and Beast hunting.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

So here is something I just found out. You can accurately predict the Focus/Fury of a warcaster/warlock by adding their number of spells together then adding 2. It only doesn't work on models who's stat was adjusted from the edition change.

That is... pretty drat cool

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

waah posted:

That is... pretty drat cool

Their are some discrepancies but for the majority of casters I looked at, it had held true.

Excelsiortothemax fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Nov 2, 2016

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
IMO a caster needs a mechanic to let them cast 3 clouds, upkeep, and camp a little on one key turn for 3 inch clouds to be relevant.

Z1 can put 3 out each turn while having 2 focus left and can upkeep for free with sylys. HR has souls, Wracks, and hierophant. Unless zaadesh gets some great abilities, he'll have to blow his stack, camp nothing, and pay 6 points for marketh to upkeep and only if marketh gets souls.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Their are some discrepancies but for the majority of casters I looked it had held true.
It's mostly accurate at least. I assumed Helga was Fury 7 for the longest time because she has 5 spells.

And Krueger2 only had 4 in Mk2 despite being Fury 7.

I can't think of any other exceptions right now. There really are very few.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

chutche2 posted:

and pay 6 points for marketh to upkeep and only if marketh gets souls.

OH WILL HE?!