Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Moreau posted:

Whats the best way, once you it 70, to earn Alliance crates to turn in at Odessen? Now that I've largely moved to Harbinger, I'm missing all that nifty Alliance gear

Also, do the Zakuulan lightsabers have longer blades? I could swear that they do.

Heroics are still going to be the best way to get crates. I think you can buy them from the Odessan cantina vendor but the prices are out of control.

Alternately, if you still have them on JC, transfer them over for 90cc. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Where can I get Mandalore the Vindicated's armor?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Running log for THIS EASY CONTEST YOU SHOULD ALL BE ENTERING FOR SWEET LOOT.

Coldforge AKA Dashkin

Sun Wu Kampf AKA SaberoFred (also formerly Troika)

HebrewMagic AKA Sakarian

Turbl AKA Possums

Moreau AKA Glabus

Preechr AKA Parella

Promethium AKA Pyrilia

Benthalus AKA Jo-shappo

Fuzz AKA Dyspareunia

You've got until noon GMT tomorrow, 9th May to get any last minute entries in.

\/ Yes, yes you did.

Aleth fucked around with this message at 18:49 on May 8, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm not listed because I already won best.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

So I went away for a bit after hitting endgame since CXP sucked but I heard gearing is better/more fun now. How grindy is it to get max level stuff, and is there a good place/post that sums up the changes that made it not terrible?

I may come back because stealth tank (assassin) is good and fun, especially in PvP. Oh yeah, how easy is it to get max PvP gear if you were to focus mainly on PvP?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hakarne posted:

So I went away for a bit after hitting endgame since CXP sucked but I heard gearing is better/more fun now. How grindy is it to get max level stuff, and is there a good place/post that sums up the changes that made it not terrible?

I may come back because stealth tank (assassin) is good and fun, especially in PvP. Oh yeah, how easy is it to get max PvP gear if you were to focus mainly on PvP?

Essentially all they did was change Galactic Command to be a secondary system to the primary source. Now, just like 4.0 and earlier, the only limit to how quickly you can get the best gear is how frequently you raid, and what difficulty level your raid group can do. If you're in a regular group you can get get geared quickly.

As far as PvP gearing goes, it's a lot longer than raiding. You get components (about 3-8 per match, depending on type and if you win or lose), and you can buy tier 1 set pieces for around 200 components each. Then you can upgrade those pieces for the same amount to the next tier, etc, etc.

The good news is, once you do actually hit Galactic Command level 300, every single box will drop either a left side piece or armor, and every armor piece at 300 includes a set bonus, and only drops blue and higher gear. Once I hit 300 with my Operative I quickly had a full set of 240+ set gear for both specs, and an extra set I shipped off to another server.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Oh, and tank gearing is, as always, extra hard because the optimized mods you get are low endurance/high defense. Nowadays you hit Defense diminishing returns pretty quickly, so you want high endurance mods for extra HP. The good news is, the mods are pretty easy to buy from the GTN and are usually only around 2 million each so you can buy the ones you want.

Of course, tank gearing in PvP is even more fun since you want to use unoptimized DPS mods and enhancements anyway. :)

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

My sorry attempt at trying to do CZ-198 via Group finder with a level 70 Merc who was set as healer but literally asked in chat if he, "heals by shooting bullets." :stonk:

(I still don't understand what a lot of poo poo on this parse tool even means)

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Fuzz posted:

My sorry attempt at trying to do CZ-198 via Group finder with a level 70 Merc who was set as healer but literally asked in chat if he, "heals by shooting bullets." :stonk:

Your character name (and confirmation that he is male) is one of the best medical jargon references I've seen. And one of the best phallic hypertrophy innuendoes.

Clearly that pubbie asking the question was in dire need of emergent high velocity transcortical lead therapy, though in the Star Wars Universe you might be limited to coherent light.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Benthalus posted:

Your character name (and confirmation that he is male) is one of the best medical jargon references I've seen. And one of the best phallic hypertrophy innuendoes.

I looked up what it means and burst out laughing like an idiot... at work. Great name, we'll done. :golfclap:

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

New record holder for worst rear end beating in Odessen Proving Grounds that I've participated in. So close to 600-0...

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ouch. Let me guess, a lot of death matchers fighting on expired nodes, no one proactively running to the inactive ones in the hope of capping them as soon as they activate?

I was in an Odessan match a few months back, we had triple points and double speed going (or maybe vice versa), and one of our own team mates comes in with a red beam above him...I start typing in chat "DON'T loving CLICK" but alas, it was too late

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Hakarne posted:

I looked up what it means and burst out laughing like an idiot... at work. Great name, we'll done. :golfclap:

Darth Dyspareunia's saber thrust has been renowned across the galaxy for being merciless for years now. :unsmigghh:

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

The contest is over. Entries are:

Aphrodite AKA Darkjuno

Coldforge AKA Dashkin

Sun Wu Kampf AKA SaberoFred (also formerly Troika)

HebrewMagic AKA Sakarian

Turbl AKA Possums

Moreau AKA Glabus

Preechr AKA Parella

Promethium AKA Pyrilia

Benthalus AKA Jo-shappo

Fuzz AKA Dyspareunia
Fuzz take 2

Unless I missed it Fuzz is the only one to double up on entries and only two three of you bothered to dress up for it.

Aleth fucked around with this message at 14:55 on May 11, 2017

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Small producer update!

120% and 130% Speeder Piloting! Companions gain influence from doing crew skill missions!

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Naming the speeder piloting as "character perks" has me a bit worried that it's going to be an annoyingly huge credit (or hutt bux) sink, after they finally got rid of the pain-in-the-rear end training costs of the old piloting skills...
(Edit: The right way to do it would be the same as the old skills... free training at the appropriate level, purchasable as perks at lower levels.)

I haven't touched starfighter in years, even though it was fun, because it was such a grind. It sounds like they're putting some effort into fixing that, which is awesome news.

Nerd Of Prey fucked around with this message at 16:14 on May 9, 2017

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
They didn't do Nightlife last year, did they?

Edit: conquest is NS heroics week, go have at it.

Aleth fucked around with this message at 17:32 on May 9, 2017

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Fuzz posted:

In his defense, that used to be something healer Mercs could do

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress

Aleth posted:

Unless I missed it Fuzz is the only one to double up on entries and only two of you bothered to dress up for it.

Hey, I dressed up, those are clearly not my rear end kicking clothes. My rear end kicking clothes are more plasteel armor or trenchcoats.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Yes, you and Preechr are the two who did, hence the images in the final tally.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Ainsley McTree posted:

In his defense, that used to be something healer Mercs could do

I still can't believe they got rid of HEALING LASERS, the coolest thing ever.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

McSpanky posted:

I still can't believe they got rid of HEALING LASERS, the coolest thing ever.

It was obnoxious and nonsensical and wonderful and if Dark Juno were intense about that instead of tracer missile, I'd die on that hill alongside him

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
shoot your hot load of kolto on my face

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Someone tell me what the Sith Immortal tank rotation is because I seem to be fundamentally unable to put something together that makes a lick of sense.

far as I can tell it's leap -> aegis assualt -> that move that does aoe if you have aegis up -> that saber throw execute +revenge -> ravage -> rage dump with force scream/smash -> run out of fuel and use assault until aegis assault is back up ??????????

I feel like there are suboptimal moves that I basically just shouldn't even have on my bar right now. Also I feel like I'm missing backhand somewhere in here. And maybe force choke. IDK. he;pl

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

ChickenWing posted:

Someone tell me what the Sith Immortal tank rotation is because I seem to be fundamentally unable to put something together that makes a lick of sense.

far as I can tell it's leap -> aegis assualt -> that move that does aoe if you have aegis up -> that saber throw execute +revenge -> ravage -> rage dump with force scream/smash -> run out of fuel and use assault until aegis assault is back up ??????????

I feel like there are suboptimal moves that I basically just shouldn't even have on my bar right now. Also I feel like I'm missing backhand somewhere in here. And maybe force choke. IDK. he;pl

Here

For FP's/Dailies/SM Ops take Seething Hatred, it's garbage for PvP and progression but godly for everything else. You're typical trash pack rotation is going to be Leap->Aegis Assault->Crushing Blow->Smash->Saber Throw->then Vicious Throw/Force Scream/Ravage.

Replace Assault with Force Choke anytime it's available on bosses.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

What's the going black market rate on outlander tokens pilfered from friends with twitch prime

I start the bidding at $25 sent to my paypal

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

HebrewMagic posted:

What's the going black market rate on outlander tokens pilfered from friends with twitch prime

I start the bidding at $25 sent to my paypal

They're selling for about 2 million in general chat on the fleet.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Might just hang onto them then, throw them at friends in need.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

So it looks like they're "discussing" adding weapons to outfit designer!

Wanted this more than pretty much anything so we can use Nonentity's toys and still share legacy weapons.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

Wanted this more than pretty much anything so we can use Nonentity's toys and still share legacy weapons.

It's honestly crazy that we couldn't do this from the beginning.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

It's honestly crazy that we couldn't do this from the beginning.

I think it's a lot harder to do weapons than armor. Armor is pretty much 100% cosmetic, where weapons have different sounds, different lengths, and different color crystals. I have a feeling that if it had been easy to do it would have been done already.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

:shrug: Let me dye weapons and I'll get excited.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

My dress up for that contest. I think he looks cool, though I wish there was a Black/Dark Blue dye, not Deep Blue... would look better with a darker navy shade.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Fuzz posted:

My dress up for that contest. I think he looks cool, though I wish there was a Black/Dark Blue dye, not Deep Blue... would look better with a darker navy shade.

There's some disturbing costume incest going on there.

(it looks good, though)

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Coldforge posted:

There's some disturbing costume incest going on there.

(it looks good, though)

Hand me downs. :smugbert:

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

To clarify, if I sub for one month then cancel I would get all the content up to lvl 70 on all my characters from that point forward?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Skinty McEdger posted:

To clarify, if I sub for one month then cancel I would get all the content up to lvl 70 on all my characters from that point forward?

Correct, all the *story* content released up to that point. You'd lose access to endgame activities like raiding and Galactic Command, but you could play through the storyline as many times as you have character slots.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I'm really dying for a star wars game and nonentity is very convincing. I played this at launch but remember basically nothing aside from the poo poo endgame. I'm a super casual these days and would play this once a week probably even mostly solo, is that a viable thing? I remember initially people said you could just treat this as as singleplayer game but endgame that wasn't true, I'm hoping that's changed.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

You can mostly pretend, especially with ALL the stories and expansions, but at the very least make a friend or 3 so you can roll flashpoints together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

CLAM DOWN posted:

I'm really dying for a star wars game and nonentity is very convincing. I played this at launch but remember basically nothing aside from the poo poo endgame. I'm a super casual these days and would play this once a week probably even mostly solo, is that a viable thing? I remember initially people said you could just treat this as as singleplayer game but endgame that wasn't true, I'm hoping that's changed.

They've done a good job of putting gearing behind galactic command, which you advance by doing most everything. So you can play the modes you like, with a daily bonus that changes to encourage you to try new things. It's good, and tons of QoL additions. I started playing again a couple weeks ago and just the things they've done to cut out a lot of the running around has been great.

• Locked thread