Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

ZombieLenin posted:

I am not into theory crafting tbh. Often I relied on my corp mates who were into it to do it for me.

My marketable eve skill was being able to not shake and panic when my vindicator and high grade slave set was on the line.

Find some tryhards and look at their losses on zkill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

no but seriously how do you lose a keepstar to subcaps when you have all your supercaps parked on the thing

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-ut capitals need to be nerfed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Boatswain posted:

Find some tryhards and look at their losses on zkill.

But those people lost, clearly their fits aren't very good.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Every loss is because the fit didn't work. Every victory is entirely due to pilot skill.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Rutibex posted:

But those people lost, clearly their fits aren't very good.

Well obviously it isn't going to tell you everything — people fit ships for different purposes and with different priorities — but it is a good place to start.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
We need Ullerrm back

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

CainFortea posted:

Every loss is because the fit didn't work. Every victory is entirely due to pilot skill.

All my losses was lessons.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Firos posted:

All my losses was lessons.

"If you are taking a shiney expensive ship to die, it might be better to sell it and take a slighty less effective but significantly cheaper ship to it's death, then you can spend the money you just saved on more cheap ships."

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Dalael posted:

We need Ullerrm back

Where’d he go?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Where’d he go?

No idea. He stopped posting at the beginning of the year or the one before. I think he got fed up with all the petty arguments in this thread and the lack of EVE discussion.
Not sure if he still plays EVE or still hangs out on jabber.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Gettin the urge to play again but my internet is too lovely. Rip.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
he quit eve ages ago you dinguses

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
Ugh... gently caress you CCP. I just learned the hard way that, in addition to training fighters 3x again, I apparently need to spend 5 days training another new skill to get into my command ships.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

ZombieLenin posted:

Ugh... gently caress you CCP. I just learned the hard way that, in addition to training fighters 3x again, I apparently need to spend 5 days training another new skill to get into my command ships.

They're trash now, don't bother.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

They're trash now, don't bother.

I cannot not, man! I have command ships 5! Of course I have zero leadership skills.

I mean honestly I would do the whole skill injection thing, but at 100 million skill points the though of all the skill points I will lose makes me want to puke.

Which reminds me, thanks CCP for reawakening my dormant completionist EVE skill points OCD.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

ZombieLenin posted:

I cannot not, man! I have command ships 5! Of course I have zero leadership skills.

I mean honestly I would do the whole skill injection thing, but at 100 million skill points the though of all the skill points I will lose makes me want to puke.

Which reminds me, thanks CCP for reawakening my dormant completionist EVE skill points OCD.

Just fly Command Destroyers instead, they're cool and strong.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

ZombieLenin posted:

Save time and isk and just buy a nyx with armour command bursts and enjoy your 35mil ehp tank

Sentinel
Jan 1, 2009

High Tech
Low Life

Been doing some opps and logging in randomly. Anyone know any squads need another member? i've yet to join one

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Sentinel posted:

Been doing some opps and logging in randomly. Anyone know any squads need another member? i've yet to join one

check out recruiting and see what interests you

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I had the same problem

Just wait until you see the prices on all the different fighters skills! Light/Support/Heavy

ZombieLenin posted:

Yeah... 100 million a pop. I am now training said skills. I can confirm, blowing 300mil on skill books to fly a ship I used to have perfect skills for sucked.

You don't need heavy fighters unless you're going to get a supercarrier, in which case an extra 100m shouldn't phase you.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Klyith posted:

You don't need heavy fighters unless you're going to get a supercarrier, in which case an extra 100m shouldn't phase you.

I have amarr dread 5, I hardly log in anymore.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

Klyith posted:

No plans on ever flying a super cap. As it was my Moros and Thanatos were station spinning and or glorified haulers.

Still. I need to get heavy fighters to IV. I am suing CCP for bringing my OCD back.

PS. What the gently caress is a command destroyer?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

ZombieLenin posted:

No plans on ever flying a super cap. As it was my Moros and Thanatos were station spinning and or glorified haulers.

Still. I need to get heavy fighters to IV. I am suing CCP for bringing my OCD back.

a new T2 destroyer that can fit one gang link and can use a Micro Jump Field Generator that can teleport all ships and bubbles in a 6km radius forward 100km, friend or foe

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

a new T2 destroyer that can fit one gang link and can use a Micro Jump Field Generator that can teleport all ships and bubbles in a 6km radius forward 100km, friend or foe

it's extremely good at stealing excavators and making people cry

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

ZombieLenin posted:

You should fly a super. I hear they're fun and useful. I wouldn't know tho, i don't have one. I can't seem to stay interested in the game long enough to actually get one.
With the state of :ccp: you could always try and send a ticket explaining your situation. They might just give you some sp or some poo poo. Doesn't hurt to try.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

it's extremely good at stealing excavators and making people cry

I actually lost a few this way. Wasn't paying attention.

I'm not sure what's worse... Someone who steals them, destroys them or warps em 200km away and just leaves

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

Dalael posted:

You should fly a super. I hear they're fun and useful. I wouldn't know tho, i don't have one. I

Meh, I dunno. In the 6 years I played EVE previously I spent literally a month, tops in null sec.

I was always much more interested in small gang pvp in low-sec flying around with my set of high grade snake, slave, and crystal implants.

Plus, I don’t know how much it has changed, but null sec pvp always went something like:

1. Some dude I don’t know and have never hung out with in game starts yelling on voice;

2. Primary, pop, primary, pop, primary, pop, primary pop....

3. Lag

4. Lag

5. Lag

6. Ctd

7. Log back in, look I am in whatever station my clone was set to.

In other words, this was not fun for me and I 100% associate super caps with this.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015
Supers can absolutely be like that and for most people they are, but if you can join a hunting group it can be great. Small amount of people all generally living in space and dunking other supers or rorqs

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

ZombieLenin posted:

Meh, I dunno. In the 6 years I played EVE previously I spent literally a month, tops in null sec.

I was always much more interested in small gang pvp in low-sec flying around with my set of high grade snake, slave, and crystal implants.

Plus, I don’t know how much it has changed, but null sec pvp always went something like:

1. Some dude I don’t know and have never hung out with in game starts yelling on voice;

2. Primary, pop, primary, pop, primary, pop, primary pop....

3. Lag

4. Lag

5. Lag

6. Ctd

7. Log back in, look I am in whatever station my clone was set to.

In other words, this was not fun for me and I 100% associate super caps with this.

I think you're making the mistake of associating all nullsec pvp with strat ops. You can spend all your time in nullsec without ever joining one of those. there is plenty of small gang pvp going on in Delve. There's always small gangs roaming around trying to take advantage of afk VNIs, or trying to kill excavator drones.

Regarding supers, they can be used for many other things including ratting and at times and can be definitely worth it. In the end it's up to you of course, just hoping you're not making these sorts of decision based on mistaken views.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Dalael posted:

there is plenty of small gang pvp going on in Delve.

I rejoined this dumb game the other day and this was my first kill, can confirm small gang pvp in delve https://zkillboard.com/kill/73575680/

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

Dalael posted:

I think you're making the mistake of associating all nullsec pvp with strat ops. You can spend all your time in nullsec without ever joining one of those. there is plenty of small gang pvp going on in Delve. There's always small gangs roaming around trying to take advantage of afk VNIs, or trying to kill excavator drones.

Regarding supers, they can be used for many other things including ratting and at times and can be definitely worth it. In the end it's up to you of course, just hoping you're not making these sorts of decision based on mistaken views.

I mean... you cannot dock them. I know “Keepstars,” which I have never seen or dumped at a POS, which is sketchy as gently caress, and I really do not want my main (and only capital pilot) stuck in a single ship.

I also usually avoided pirate null sec because of bubbles—again I usually ran with very expensive high grade faction implants, which made it really inconvenient to gently caress around in null sec. That and running in gangs of usually no more than 5, my experience was being in null sec greatly increased the odds of someone hot dropping two super caps onto what was a relatively even sub-cap fight.

However, I may have to re-evaluate my attitude towards null sec if the stuff I read about low-sec being empty are true.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ZombieLenin posted:

I mean... you cannot dock them. I know “Keepstars,” which I have never seen or dumped at a POS, which is sketchy as gently caress, and I really do not want my main (and only capital pilot) stuck in a single ship.

This is not true any more. You can dock them in one of the dozens of goon keepstars. If in the unlikely situation that keepstar is sieged and destroyed you don't lose your super. It gets teleported to Lowsec and you have to pay a 10% delivery charge. So really you can treat super caps as regular ships now, for the most part. They are not flying coffins.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

ZombieLenin posted:

I also usually avoided pirate null sec because of bubbles—again I usually ran with very expensive high grade faction implants, which made it really inconvenient to gently caress around in null sec. That and running in gangs of usually no more than 5, my experience was being in null sec greatly increased the odds of someone hot dropping two super caps onto what was a relatively even sub-cap fight.

However, I may have to re-evaluate my attitude towards null sec if the stuff I read about low-sec being empty are true.

That's old info dude.

Keepstars are not like POS. They're citadels which is what replaced outposts. You know those stations alliance had to drop eggs? That's what Keepstars are now. You can dock any sized ship in them.

Regarding bubbles, you can easily travel around with some interceptors who are not affected by bubbles. It used to be all interceptors but :ccp: changed that recently (or will be changing it soon..) regarding your implants, there's been modifications to the way jumpclones work. As long as you jump between two clones that are in the same station, you do not get a jump-clone timer. It's great for people like you who have expensive implants.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

Rutibex posted:

This is not true any more. You can dock them in one of the dozens of goon keepstars. If in the unlikely situation that keepstar is sieged and destroyed you don't lose your super. It gets teleported to Lowsec and you have to pay a 10% delivery charge. So really you can treat super caps as regular ships now, for the most part. They are not flying coffins.

Okay, but this requires me to be in an alliance with these things. And no offense to goons, because you know, I am one, I really do not to do that.

Long story, but I played for 5 years with a group of people and, and not only did we have a finely oiled machine with an over 90% killboard, but we all became very close friends.

Since I reactivated I have been talking to a couple of them about coming back and a couple of them have expressed some interest.

This combined with my 8 year corp history makes me super, super reluctant at this stage to even think about attaching myself to Goonfleet with my main.

Maybe in a few months when my hopes are dashed and my soul crushed, as EVE almost guarantees will happen, and it is clear I am going to be the only one returning to the game I can reevaluate that position.

In the meantime though, since I have EVE OCD, so I will of course train up heavy fighters. And, while I won’t have perfect skills for a Nyx, I will have near perfect ones should my attitude change.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ZombieLenin posted:

Okay, but this requires me to be in an alliance with these things. And no offense to goons, because you know, I am one, I really do not to do that.

Long story, but I played for 5 years with a group of people and, and not only did we have a finely oiled machine with an over 90% killboard, but we all became very close friends.

Since I reactivated I have been talking to a couple of them about coming back and a couple of them have expressed some interest.

This combined with my 8 year corp history makes me super, super reluctant at this stage to even think about attaching myself to Goonfleet with my main.

Maybe in a few months when my hopes are dashed and my soul crushed, as EVE almost guarantees will happen, and it is clear I am going to be the only one returning to the game I can reevaluate that position.

In the meantime though, since I have EVE OCD, so I will of course train up heavy fighters. And, while I won’t have perfect skills for a Nyx, I will have near perfect ones should my attitude change.

You might be able get all of your friends back into your old corp and join the alliance as a corp together. I think you just need to have all of your friends register their characters with the system and talk to a diplomat. There isn't any mandatory activities, you can find a nice quite corner of Delve to call your own.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

ZombieLenin posted:

lol at caring about killboards or actual corp history. As rutibex said, you guys could all join as a group most likely.

You don't have to join, but at least be aware that these are poor reasons not to. Simply saying, "Nah I don't feel like it" is much more valid imo

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I'm not sure you could just get a group of friends in as a corp/alt corp unless they are able to get into goonwaffe/KF

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Rutibex posted:

You might be able get all of your friends back into your old corp and join the alliance as a corp together. I think you just need to have all of your friends register their characters with the system and talk to a diplomat. There isn't any mandatory activities, you can find a nice quite corner of Delve to call your own.
Sounds like he's looking for a different style of playing eve than being in the massive GSF. And yes, goons in 'waffe can do whatever the gently caress they want, all his friends in a member corp would have activity requirements.

You don't need to sell people on our space guild if they don't want to join. It just sounds creepy when someone gets pushy like that. Let guys do what they like.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I'm not sure you could just get a group of friends in as a corp/alt corp unless they are able to get into goonwaffe/KF

Yeah, you can't do that with an alt corp. All of the actual people in an alt corp have to have normal characters tied to one of the main corps. Registering your friends' characters as your own and putting them in your alt corp is a great way to set off all the alarm bells.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

also it's pretty difficult to get admitted as a new membercorp iirc

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair
Member corp actual player population needs to be 200+ before its considered IIRC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

also it's pretty difficult to get admitted as a new membercorp iirc

Isn’t that because the people with access to the add corp button also have to have access to the disband alliance button lol