Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Nessus posted:

DOUBLE CERBERUS

Catdog double cerberus, or one cerberus of heads stacked on another cerberus of heads?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Gnossiennes posted:

you can aspire for better than fordola, really you can

Look. I have a type. And it's not Y'shtola, or Merlwyb or any of the other more prominent ladies.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Gnossiennes posted:

I did, but then they killed Ysayle.

The entire pool of prominent, still-living eligible women for the WoL is basically Fordola, Merlwyb, Lyse or Y'shtola. Y'shtola is only vaguely interested at best (although her sister would approve), and Merlwyb and Lyse have some big-deal poo poo going on that probably can't mentally accommodate someone like the WoL.

With Fordola, all you have to handle is crushing Arenvald's dreams.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Y'all sleeping on Yugiri. Let Yugiri be our lesbian dating option.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Yugiri might be the most boring character in the game.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Nessus posted:

Look, with Fordola our competition is Arenvald, who doesn't strike me as a very dangerous sort if he's wronged. With Yugiri our competition is Hien, a national leader and war hero who's willing to administer his own state-sanctioned executions (or at least willing to consider it).

I'm not risking getting in his way until we know for sure he's not interested in her.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Cleretic posted:

Look, with Fordola our competition is Arenvald, who doesn't strike me as a very dangerous sort if he's wronged. With Yugiri our competition is Hien, a national leader and war hero who's willing to administer his own state-sanctioned executions (or at least willing to consider it).

I'm not risking getting in his way until we know for sure he's not interested in her.
I suppose the relative power and privilege of the nearest adjacent male figure is a factor that could be considered

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Cleretic posted:

This is why you want Hien to die isn't it???

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Cleretic posted:

Throw Lyse at him and run off with Yugiri while their combined himbo energies go wild

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

Waffleman_ posted:

Fordola isn't going to die because there were a couple lines that seemed to set up her coming to the ruins of Garlemald and seeing the ashes of the empire she devoted her life to. Additionally, Yoshida said that a character who would be prominent in 6.0 would be appearing in 5.5 in a way that implied either a new character or one coming back into the story, and Forodola is the most prominent reappearance in the patch so far.

In a twist no one saw coming it's Lunar Ifrit. His redemption arc will become the thing the game is known for.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

That would suck.

....Lunar Ravana though...

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Lunar Susano-O
"Wild and pure and forever free...on the moon!"

Also, I doubt Hien is much competition for Yugiri. His duty is to Doma first and foremost, so if anything he's more likely to enter into some sort of political arrangement marriage. Lyse to strengthen Doma's ties to the Eorzean Alliance, or maybe to the Mol Tribe lady with the pink hair whose name I can't remember.

the_steve fucked around with this message at 11:40 on May 5, 2021

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

the_steve posted:

Lunar Susano-O
"Wild and pure and forever free...on the moon!"

Also, I doubt Hien is much competition for Yugiri. His duty is to Doma first and foremost, so if anything he's more likely to enter into some sort of political arrangement marriage. Lyse to strengthen Doma's ties to the Eorzean Alliance, or maybe to the Mol Tribe lady with the pink hair whose name I can't remember.
Assuming it's socially acceptable for Hien to marry an Au Ra at all, Cirina seems to be a likely candidate, although it would be a really weird marriage. Kurenai would probably be less of a lift. Lyse actually would make a fair amount of sense in political and economic terms, and there is at least some kind of a relationship going on there -- marriages have been founded on less than "wow, I admire this guy and he's making me think."

Comedy Sadu option

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Nessus posted:

I also love Yugiri, but why are you implying we should only have one lesbian dating option?

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Hien x Yugiri is most likely not happening because it's probably not a good idea for a lord to marry his retainer, especially if she's a ninja assassin.

Copycat Zero
Dec 30, 2004

ニャ~

Nessus posted:

Kurenai would probably be less of a lift.

There's almost no interaction between Sui-no-Sato and the rest of the Doma plot (heck, the bulk of YOUR interactions with Kurenai are in the side-quests/custom deliveries), particularly when it comes to Hien, so that definitely seems like it would be a pairing out of nowhere.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Just watch Hien marry Fran or someone else from that raid arc as a diplomatic marriage with one of Doma's neighbors.

(they're not going to because SE knows that some people are really into shipping Hien with the WoL, same with half the cast)

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
Why Yugiri or Lyse when Tataru has been by our side since the very beginning?

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Gnossiennes posted:

fivedola

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Her Doman cousin, Foryen

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Mad Wack posted:

Finally, someone speaking sense.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Mad Wack posted:

Tataru is partnered up with Rowena on the side as a fellow findom.

erenoyo
Jun 30, 2019

by Fluffdaddy
Hilda, assholes

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

erenoyo posted:

Hilda, assholes

Have you not done the 80 MCH quest? Hilda already has a girlfriend.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Cythereal posted:

I also love Yugiri, but why are you implying we should only have one lesbian dating option?
:hmmyes: Fair point, though we can do better than Fordola.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

the_steve posted:

Have you not done the 80 MCH quest? Hilda already has a girlfriend.

So? She doesn't have to stop at one.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Nessus posted:

But Fordola's the hottest lady currently around.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The scions are short and ladies and short on Vegetas and Fordola's both! Hire Fordola!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Cythereal posted:

Just watch Hien marry Fran or someone else from that raid arc as a diplomatic marriage with one of Doma's neighbors.

(they're not going to because SE knows that some people are really into shipping Hien with the WoL, same with half the cast)

They made Lady Ashe Rasler's sister instead of wife, so she's available.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Nessus posted:

Yugiri, Lyse, Y'shtola, return to the First for Lyna (seriously, that accent :swoon:), there's options.

Personally, I'm not into war criminals.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
the faux-dating bits they gave mid-Stormblood were alphinaud, hien, magnai, alisaie, y'shtola, lyse, yugiri, and sadu
clearly this was hancock erasure

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

Cythereal posted:

Yugiri, Lyse, Y'shtola, return to the First for Lyna (seriously, that accent :swoon:), there's options.

Personally, I'm not into war criminals.

If there one thing I hate about 14 is that it seems to be in love with trying to redeem war criminals. Sympathetic villains are fine and good but if emet turned out to be our very best bud next expac I'd do a 180 on my opinion of the character

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Yugiri is boring, I seriously don't know her character beyond...ninja. Lyse was great as Yda and terrible as Lyse. I do not see what other people see in Y'shtola. :shrug:

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Eimi posted:

I do not see what other people see in Y'shtola. :shrug:

Sass.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

oh, like a grandmother

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Eimi posted:

I do not see what other people see in Y'shtola. :shrug:

I may have imprinted "intelligent and strong-willed but emotionally damaged" as a type. :smith:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Eimi posted:

Yugiri is boring, I seriously don't know her character beyond...ninja.

She's thoughtful and poetic when you catch her off-duty, her little monologue in Stormblood where she reminisces about growing up underwater and how she'll always belong to the sea resonated hard with me, as someone who grew up on the coast in a very maritime-oriented area, and with my concept of my WoL as someone who grew up in Limsa Lominsa.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Also she's hot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Vitamean posted:

oh, like a grandmother

yea a sexy grandma, you get it