Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Buck Wildman posted:

lol that's the game where iron mans fight t-rexes right
more like thousands of raptors but yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
if bg3 has loving drzzt in it im cloudkilling on sight

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The horniness for the large Resident Evil vampire lady was always confusing to me and basically reminded me that there's a large variety of tastes and preferences in the world. IMO vampire lady was the only Village character who was actually creepy in a similar way to the family from the previous game. Large lady who eats blood all the time is just not sexy IMO, but it is a creepy concept. She might have big boobs/butt, but they're hosed up undead boobs/butt - gross! The other characters were "kind of funny looking fish man," "lady with kinda on-the-nose Spooky Dolls," "a guy who is just sorta annoying," and "a lady who is obviously evil." Only the large lady pulls off the contrast between "normal" and "gross/violent" that made the characters from the previous game spooky.

(I'm not pretending to not know the character names, I'm just on my phone so I can't easily look them up. I just remember vampire lady is Dim-something)

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

she was a Dragon

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

smythebait

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Al! posted:

if bg3 has loving drzzt in it im cloudkilling on sight

I would rather have drizzt in it than Minsc again tbh

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Buck Wildman posted:

if Minsc is back because a statue of him came to life: neat

if Minsc is back because he was petrified: dumb, kinda funny

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Buck Wildman posted:

bad news on that front lmao

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Ytlaya posted:

The horniness for the large Resident Evil vampire lady was always confusing to me and basically reminded me that there's a large variety of tastes and preferences in the world. IMO vampire lady was the only Village character who was actually creepy in a similar way to the family from the previous game. Large lady who eats blood all the time is just not sexy IMO, but it is a creepy concept. She might have big boobs/butt, but they're hosed up undead boobs/butt - gross! The other characters were "kind of funny looking fish man," "lady with kinda on-the-nose Spooky Dolls," "a guy who is just sorta annoying," and "a lady who is obviously evil." Only the large lady pulls off the contrast between "normal" and "gross/violent" that made the characters from the previous game spooky.

(I'm not pretending to not know the character names, I'm just on my phone so I can't easily look them up. I just remember vampire lady is Dim-something)

yeah i never got how so many people got past the pallid corpse look

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

I'm rooting for vampire minsc but there's a tragic backstory where he had to become a vampire to save boo but then boo left afterwards because of the vampirism so we don't have to hear about boo anymore

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Regarde Aduck posted:

Computer toucher esthetic imo

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Al! posted:

bad news on that front lmao

lol yeah...

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Regarde Aduck posted:

some of us like the Irish

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Hatebag posted:

I'm rooting for vampire minsc but there's a tragic backstory where he had to become a vampire to save boo but then boo left afterwards because of the vampirism so we don't have to hear about boo anymore

Isn't Boo some sort of rodent? Maybe it just died of old age? Or maybe Minsc dropped it like with that one groundhog.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

Isn't Boo some sort of rodent? Maybe it just died of old age? Or maybe Minsc dropped it like with that one groundhog.

bless you for not remembering that boo is a fwiggin epic space hamster

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I think you mean miniature giant space hamster :goonsay:

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

Boo is a miniature giant space hamster :haw:
I'm not sure about their lifespans

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

drat

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!

Frog Act posted:

so is jagged alliance closer to xcom or silent storm in terms of moment to moment gameplay? I’ve never played the series but always wanted to

its not quite like either. I've played at least 1000 hours of JA2 and it can feel like a cRPG with tactical fights when you take over towns, do sidequests and find new recruits. Then there's this whole other layer to the game where you are managing funds, drafting contracts with mercenaries, arranging shipments of weapons/medical supplies to your airport, arranging caravans to bring those shipments from your airport to your towns. I think of it as one of the deepest and most logical games of all time, because even though it's incredibly complicated everything does make sense (i.e. if you want to fly a helicopter safely you'll need to destroy any anti-aircraft weapons in the airspace, if you want to receive shipments you will need have troops/militia occupy an airportk, and maybe bribe or intimidate some employees at the airport to make sure they don't jack your poo poo).

JA2 fights are a bit more like OG Xcom, since it's 2d, but I've heard bits and pieces about 3 that sound like Silent Storm and combat does seem to take advantage of being a 3d game now. Silent Storm has a one of a kind destruction system that I'd love to see more of. I'm just gonna guess that JA3 doesn't reach those heights with it's destruction but it seems to be more in-depth than JA2 where all you could do is blow away walls with explosives, which was fun and created interesting combat scenarios even if it wasn't super impressive

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

People based their reactions to her entirely on trailers and previews, where she was just a large pale buxom scary lady with little to no characterization. Large pale buxom scary ladies check some people's boxes. Video games are a land of mystery.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Fighting Elegy posted:

its not quite like either. I've played at least 1000 hours of JA2 and it can feel like a cRPG with tactical fights when you take over towns, do sidequests and find new recruits. Then there's this whole other layer to the game where you are managing funds, drafting contracts with mercenaries, arranging shipments of weapons/medical supplies to your airport, arranging caravans to bring those shipments from your airport to your towns. I think of it as one of the deepest and most logical games of all time, because even though it's incredibly complicated everything does make sense (i.e. if you want to fly a helicopter safely you'll need to destroy any anti-aircraft weapons in the airspace, if you want to receive shipments you will need have troops/militia occupy an airportk, and maybe bribe or intimidate some employees at the airport to make sure they don't jack your poo poo).

JA2 fights are a bit more like OG Xcom, since it's 2d, but I've heard bits and pieces about 3 that sound like Silent Storm and combat does seem to take advantage of being a 3d game now. Silent Storm has a one of a kind destruction system that I'd love to see more of. I'm just gonna guess that JA3 doesn't reach those heights with it's destruction but it seems to be more in-depth than JA2 where all you could do is blow away walls with explosives, which was fun and created interesting combat scenarios even if it wasn't super impressive

that sounds loving great thanks, the CRPG elements are what piqued and sustained my interest in the series in the first place, so gently caress it I’m gonna pick it up

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!
Yeah I'm so pumped to get done with work and play JA3. JA2 is the best game of all time and it nearly brought tears to my eyes to see it get praised after I had 100% given up on the franchise. I was JA:Flashback Kickstarter backer and I was excited to play that one and then when I started up I realized it had literally 1% of the size and depth of JA2.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Does HumbleBundle ever partner with smaller scale non-profits (like state specific ones)? Or are there similar organizations who might?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
im doing ds1 remaster and im going to parry every single attack. guaranteed

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Nichael posted:

Does HumbleBundle ever partner with smaller scale non-profits (like state specific ones)? Or are there similar organizations who might?

itch.io might. they did some George Floyd stuff

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

RealityWarCriminal posted:

itch.io might. they did some George Floyd stuff

Thanks, good suggestion.

Also speaking of that, are there any Twitch streamers who would be worth reaching out to? Or should I do one myself where I play nothing but Visage in Dota 2 for two days straight, while cosplaying as Sexy Visage?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I have three hours on the first island in JA3, and the figths are sometimes XCOM and sometimes JA2. Sometimes you attack a position with flankers and suppressors, and sometimes you get rushed and set up overwatch fields. It's very cool.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

oh right, Exoprimal is on Game Pass

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Visage is a character that imo has always been absurdly powerful but no one in the pro scene can play him well enough to reveal his true power level

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I'm liking what I'm hearing about this Jagged Alliance thing.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Grapplejack posted:

Visage is a character that imo has always been absurdly powerful but no one in the pro scene can play him well enough to reveal his true power level

whenever I unlock the third gargoyle, I like to say in all chat "these are my friends, Phoebe, Monica, and Rachel."

anyway, that's my story, bye.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Grapplejack posted:

She's great but I don't think micro intensive heroes like that will ever be popular

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Grapplejack posted:

post your mmr OP

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

naga has been popular at various points of time in dota 2's history O_o, same with characters like morphling, enchantress, chen, etc

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

everyone who enjoys mobas has a sickness deep inside them

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

post your mmr OP

I haven't played since monkey king came out but if I had to guess at what the game would give me for mmr it would probably have been 2600-3k, but if I tried to play now I'd get my rear end beat because I don't know what half of the poo poo does

also it's probably less that they don't know how to play visage and more that they just don't find visage fun to play, which, fair.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

i mean like broadly popular with the playerbase. pros do pick visage, and are good with it but very few play would play it every game.

except daxak that dude is a monster

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

battlebits?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

no better time to reinstall than now. lets get a stack going

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Al! posted:

bless you for not remembering that boo is a fwiggin epic space hamster

Maybe this protects him from old age, but I'm not seeing anything that would protect him from being dropped on his head