Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

*sigh*
Yeah, you’re right, but I don’t know why they can’t make at least Indy and tie it into the lucasfilm thing. I’m not asking for a whole line dang it! I wish ReAction stuff wasn’t so expensive, that’d be ideal (with maybe knee articulation).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The problem with an Indiana Jones line is that it's not really toy-etic. Indiana Jones himself, is loving awesome, but who's after that? Belloq? Dude in an ascot isn't a cool figure. Donovan from Last Crusade? Again, just a guy in a suit. The Nazis soldiers? At least G.I. Joe quickly learned after the first wave that the villains need to be as colorful as the heroes. The Colonel from Raiders is interchangeable with the Colonel (or was he a general?) from Last Crusade.

And then the vehicles. A truck from Raiders, a inflatable raft from Temple? The tank from Crusade might be cool, but that's it. And since no one does playsets anymore, forget about a Well of Souls, or Temple of Doom, or Grail Temple.

Plus, I really doubt you're going to get a major company to mass produce for retailers one figure for an entire line (unless it's someone like NECA)

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Oct 6, 2021

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I could picture Super 7 or maybe Neca doing an Indiana Jones figure aimed at adult collectors. It's failed twice already as a kid's toy, so I don't think it would ever do the numbers you need for Hasbro to try it again. As popular as the movies have been, it's not "toyetic" in the way other big franchises are. I think it's the same reason you don't see a ton of James Bond toys.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Only way I see Indiana Jones working as a toy besides a NECA release, is like a Mighty Max style mini play set.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Wave 1
Indiana Jones (Hovitos Temple)
Marian Ravenwood (Cairo Chase)
Colonel Toht
Belloq (Ark Ritual)
Dr. Henry Jones, Jr. (Professor)
Sallah (Tanis Dig-site)
BAF: German Mechanic

Wave 2
Indiana Jones (Bridge Showdown)
Short Round
Willie Scott (Shanghai)
Thuggee Guard
Indiana Jones (Shanghai)
Mola Ram
BAF: Lao Che

Wave 3
Indiana Jones (Grail Temple)
Dr. Henry Jones, Sr.
Elsa Schneider
German Motorcycle Soldier
Indiana Jones (Boy Scout)
Kazim (Brotherhood of the Cruciform Sword)
BAF: Grail Knight

It’s so simple, now do it already Hasbro you fucks :argh:

I would argue that Crusade is actually the least toyetic and hardest to figure out.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I would argue that Crusade is actually the least toyetic and hardest to figure out.

It's also the worst of the original three movies... :can:

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Indiana Jones has a breakdown where Raiders is basically a perfect adventure movie, then there is a group of okay to good, mediocre to dull and poo poo ones following it. The biggest dispute is which of the other three you place on each slot.

(Crystal Skull is the second best, Crusade is Raiders but worse and Temple of Doom is awful.)

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

I’m staying out of any further Indy discussions because there’s been fightin’ words uttered already, but to change direction, NofP you have a point about James Bond figures, but that seems even less of a problem than Indiana Jones, as far as being toy-etic. Just the Connery era alone would be enough for a couple waves. We can expand it to George Lazenby and (lame rear end) Roger Moore just for the villains, but also to have a Bond in each wave.

^^what big mean jerk said. Lay out a three wave Bond proposal and let’s start making calls in the morning! Clearly we know what the kids these days want!

Bulgaroctonus fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Oct 6, 2021

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I'd love a 6" Raiders Indy...

and while the sculptors are at it, a 6" Rick Deckard (2019 version)

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
6 inch scale Jaws (Bond henchman, not shark) to put with my Black Series Chewbacca, please.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Bulgaroctonus posted:

I’m staying out of any further Indy discussions because there’s been fightin’ words uttered already, but to change direction, NofP you have a point about James Bond figures, but that seems even less of a problem than Indiana Jones, as far as being toy-etic. Just the Connery era alone would be enough for a couple waves. We can expand it to George Lazenby and (lame rear end) Roger Moore just for the villains, but also to have a Bond in each wave.

^^what big mean jerk said. Lay out a three wave Bond proposal and let’s start making calls in the morning! Clearly we know what the kids these days want!

Needs a wave done in a retro polygon style for characters from Goldeneye 64

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

Yessss!! Exactly! Who actually owns the rights for Bond figures? Seeing as how no one has made poo poo for what, decades? I think there were some Barbie Ken dolls awhile back? Maybe they’re cheap. I dunno, has BSS ever had an official Goon Project?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

There’s a company that’s been doing 1:6 Bond figured but they’ve been slow to come out and what came out had problems.

If they make a Craig I’m preordering immediately

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

thiccabod posted:

It's also the worst of the original three movies... :can:

I will cut you, TLC is awesome.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Last Crusade is my favourite Indy film.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

CelticPredator posted:

There’s a company that’s been doing 1:6 Bond figured but they’ve been slow to come out and what came out had problems.

If they make a Craig I’m preordering immediately

Dunno how you feel about unlicensed figures but this looks pretty slick: https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=2757&search=Eleven

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I'm with the other bods - TLC is just a lame re-tread, with added Comedy Dad. Raiders is the only truly great Indy film.

As for figures, other than the man himself, the only one that would interest me would be a Pat Roach triple quad-changer.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That’s very close. I don’t mind 3rd parties, but I just haven’t seen a Craig sculpt that really works for me. The man is super hard to capture lol

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

Davros1 posted:

Plus, I really doubt you're going to get a major company to mass produce for retailers one figure for an entire line (unless it's someone like NECA)

Indiana Jones was in one of the Lego Star Wars, so they can just do his figure in The Black Series and call it "Lego Star Wars Tribute"

A couple of heads (one with hat and one without), a couple of hands, a removable jacket, throw in a few little bits like the headpiece, one of the stones from TOD, the cross from TLC, a gun and some sculpted whips and it'd be sorted.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Davros1 posted:

The problem with an Indiana Jones line is that it's not really toy-etic. Indiana Jones himself, is loving awesome, but who's after that? Belloq? Dude in an ascot isn't a cool figure. Donovan from Last Crusade? Again, just a guy in a suit. The Nazis soldiers? At least G.I. Joe quickly learned after the first wave that the villains need to be as colorful as the heroes. The Colonel from Raiders is interchangeable with the Colonel (or was he a general?) from Last Crusade.

And then the vehicles. A truck from Raiders, a inflatable raft from Temple? The tank from Crusade might be cool, but that's it. And since no one does playsets anymore, forget about a Well of Souls, or Temple of Doom, or Grail Temple.

Dude a Mola Ram figure would be dope. Same for Marian, Sullah, and Dietrich, especially if he has a melting milk head.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Bulgaroctonus posted:

Wave 1:

Connery Bond in classic black tux
Goldfinger
Dr No
Blofeld (You Only Live Twice, maybe has a Diamonds are Forever head swap)
Pussy Galore
Q
Optional #7: Emil Largo
BAF: Oddjob

Wave 2:
Moore Bond in grey suit (can head swap with Connery)
Baron Samedi
Francisco Scaramanca
Max Zorin
May Day
Felix Leiter
Optional #7: Bond in astronaut suit
BAF: Jaws

Wave 3:
Dalton Bond in casualish clothes
Franz Sanchez or Necros, I guess
Brosnan Bond in winter coat
BORIS
Xenia Onatopp
Wai Lin (because Michelle Yeoh rules)
Optional #7: John Cleese Q
BAF: Trevelyn

Wave 4:
Craig Bond in collared white shirt sleeve shirt and slacks
Le Chiffre
M (Judi Dench)
Vesper Lynd
Waltz Blofeld
Skinny Q
Optional #7: Dominic Green
BAF: Raoul Silva

All the Bonds can easily head swap ship you theoretically have 5 looks for any given bond, ideally each with two expressions/heads, fist hands, gun hands, and a variety of guns, though the walther should come with more than one of them.

Yeah a bunch of good movies were skipped with their villains. It's mainly because they amounted to "guy in suit," thus way at least you're getting most of the iconic looking villains. Brosnan's later 2 film's are ignored because they were loving trash. Realistically speaking, no one would buy figures for most Bond girls, unfortunately. BAFs are dickishly iconic villains because that's the only way you recover the cost of the waves. (Or in Jaws' case, he's huge)

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Oct 6, 2021

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Well a big reason why the Indy line died a death the last time is that 3.75 lines across the board were dying a death as the market in general had moved on, they were too expensive and very poor quality. It didn’t help that Crystal Skull was badd.

As someone else said I don’t know if a 6 inch line could survive now. You’d have everyone looking for a Indy and there are a small handful of others that might have some interest but by and large you are going to have something that will pegwarm badly.

James Bond I hate to say would be the same way. Few people under 40 care about any of the old Bond stuff and I don’t see fans of the new Bond movies clamoring for merchandise. While I think it would be cool to have all the Bonds on a shelf beyond that there isn’t a whole lot else to bother with there.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Was all set to poo poo on the idea of Bond waves but hell yeah, I'd buy a BORIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS in a heartbeat. And take great pleasure in picking up a cheap pegwarming Rupert Murdoch Elliot Carver and feeding it into a desk shredder.

Just watched a review of the new classic Hercules and he looks really nice but something about Hasbro's 6" thigh swivels just ruins the whole thing for me. The silly thing is I don't even mind it on biceps, just the thigh makes me irrationally 'ugh'. Anyway, I've just seen that the Mafex Gambit is out and has a card attack piece so big it needs its own stand and I'm already reaching for my wallet. Hopefully they'll finish the classic 90s line up before we start drawing our pensions...

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

You're not alone in hating thigh swivels. They are pretty much always ugly and bad. On more than one custom figure I have glued them in place and puttied over them. A few toy lines have managed to hide the joint pretty well, like MOTU Classics (and Thundercats, now using the same buck). It's usually way better to put the leg on a ball joint with a little bit of wiggle room.

I think it's funny that I offhandedly mentioned James Bond as an example of a property that would never sell toys to kids, and kicked off a dozen posts about why we need James Bond toys. I still have the old Sideshow doll of Connery as Bond, which was really nice for its time. (Fun fact: I also bought one of those for my mom, a big Bond fan from way back. She displays it to this day! She was so bummed when Connery died.)

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Davros1 posted:

The Lost Ark had some cool toys, can't remember if I got then as a Christmas thing or from the 'Toy Lady'(most of the toys my brothers and I got in the early 80s were from a woman with grandkids around the same age as us who visited her once or twice a year. She'd buy them toys to play with and after they left she'd flip them at the flea market.)

I had Indy, the burly shirtless nazi and a covered truck. The truck was awesome because it had a string in the back to hook Indy to drag him around. Then, if you applied a little pressure on the back axel it would spool up the string while the truck moved to make simulate Indy crawling up his whip.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
There’s a “toy museum” in Austin that doesn’t take care of any of their poo poo at all, but they had a bunch of prototypes for the Kenner Raiders of the Lost Ark line when I was there and that’s the closest I’ve ever been to one of those figures.

That whole Kenner Raiders line is a bit of a white whale for me. You’ll see hosed up Indys on eBay occasionally (usually with broken hands or legs), or Marian/Swordsman/Toht missing all of their accessories. Everything else goes for way more than I’m willing to spend. Someone also did a line of slightly larger figures for Temple, but you rarely see them pop up on eBay and I can’t find good info on the line as a whole.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Not a figure, but my Godzilla SP wallpaper came in and today I was finally able to unroll it while I got an estimate for framing. It's just over 5.5' long and 3.5' tall.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

BooDooBoo posted:

Indiana Jones was in one of the Lego Star Wars, so they can just do his figure in The Black Series and call it "Lego Star Wars Tribute"

A couple of heads (one with hat and one without), a couple of hands, a removable jacket, throw in a few little bits like the headpiece, one of the stones from TOD, the cross from TLC, a gun and some sculpted whips and it'd be sorted.

That or from that one non-canon crossover comic they did where Indy finds the wreck of the Millennium Falcon

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/super7store/status/1445781036944658432

Rita's coming from Super7

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
They made a figure of trump jr's girlfriend?

:haw:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

They made a figure of trump jr's girlfriend?

:haw:

Be nice!

This lump of plastic has far more charisma and charm

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Sideshow emailed me to say Hot Toys Lando will ship next week.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
Found a flocked Panthor at Walmart today. Am I a monster for wanting to open it?

I feel like it's rare enough that it shouldn't be opened, but at the same time leaving him on the box completely defeats the purpose of the flocking.

Also, he is $15 more than the regular Panthor for some reason.

Shiftypenguin fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Oct 7, 2021

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Joe Fisto posted:

Sideshow emailed me to say Hot Toys Lando will ship next week.

Me too. Finally my Hot Toys will be complete.

I just got good deals on Mythic Legions Gold skeleton and silver knight so now I've got them all once my All Stars 4 and BBTS orders come in!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Is anyone interested in an instant GI Joe Classified collection? I'm looking to offload mine, not because they're bad figures, they just don't bring me joy like the rest.

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
I don't really give a poo poo about Bond as a franchise at all but for some reason I just preordered the Playmobil Aston Martin from Goldfinger set

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

Joe Fisto posted:

Is anyone interested in an instant GI Joe Classified collection? I'm looking to offload mine, not because they're bad figures, they just don't bring me joy like the rest.

I've got about half of it already so I could never justify going all in on that, but if you reach a point of parceling it out I'd want at least four of them. I totally understand if that's not what you want to do though.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Esp if you decided to part with that stormshadow and the red ninja…

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Woo! New base form Goku with manga colors, armorless base form Vegeta and manga-accurate Piccolo!

And first form Cell!

Gonna get all of these. Those smirking faces for Goku and Piccolo are awesome. Plus, the colors are awesome. I’m such a mark for these. :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I manifested the Vegeta that I wanted with the power of dreams.