Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i threw some tickets at the banner hoping to get the last 5* CE i needed for mlb and walked away with Kintoki.

this is the sixth SSR i've pulled in the past couple months and i'm starting to worry about the ones i actually want from the upcoming year :sweatdrop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
For anyone making roll plans for 2019 that don't include the CCC event, you might want to have a bit in reserve just in case. Even if you don't have any knowledge or connection to CCC characters, the event may change your mind.

And for pure gameplay reasons, Passionlip is the best Alterego in the game. Though I haven't really looked into Sitonai, so maybe that's changed. She was the third most Grailed Servant on JP in 2017. She even got a skill upgrade despite being the best for some crazy reason.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Endorph posted:

I mean, the madoka mobage has a similar system where certain types of NPs power up other NPs and gets by fine. And if no gameplay synergies were allowed at all, Chloe's kissing freak skill couldn't exist.

Is that new? I don't recall seeing that when I stopped playing.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Trihugger posted:

For anyone making roll plans for 2019 that don't include the CCC event, you might want to have a bit in reserve just in case. Even if you don't have any knowledge or connection to CCC characters, the event may change your mind.

And for pure gameplay reasons, Passionlip is the best Alterego in the game. Though I haven't really looked into Sitonai, so maybe that's changed. She was the third most Grailed Servant on JP in 2017. She even got a skill upgrade despite being the best for some crazy reason.
Lip is my first post-Hassan "must" in 2019. One of the projects I wanted to finish during the pillar raids was to get juuuust enough spirit roots that when combined with CCC's shop I could max her out and I was able to just barely squeak by.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'm saving for baps

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Just roll everyone, imo.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I might as well collect all the Emiyas due to all of them being 4 stars.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Do we get another shot at pulling Illya after her New Years banner? I really want her and need to consider my options.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Trihugger posted:

Do you mean Meltlilith, not Passionlip? Melt’s the one I see all over my friend list, with the great skills and central part in the event. Lip is the mediocre tank/Buster Gorilla who stuns herself until getting a strengthening and who’s mostly remembered for having the most ridiculous character design in the Extraverse, which is full of ridiculous character designs.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Melt definitely seems more popular in general, and from a gameplay perspective she seems straightforward in the sense that she has a strong ST NP and high NP gain and doesn't seem super dependent on her skills.

But that's OK by me just more chances for my eventual Lip as my Extra support to stand out.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Bakanogami posted:

Do you mean Meltlilith, not Passionlip? Melt’s the one I see all over my friend list, with the great skills and central part in the event. Lip is the mediocre tank/Buster Gorilla who stuns herself until getting a strengthening and who’s mostly remembered for having the most ridiculous character design in the Extraverse, which is full of ridiculous character designs.

The fact that Lip is a Buster gorilla automatically made her fit with Merlin. And she never really stuns herself if you use her debuff immunity first. Tanking+Merlin heals while being effective against 4 classes isn't a bad combo.

Melt is overwhelmingly more popular, but the most Grailed servants tend to be a mix of gameplay, popularity and accessibility so Lip beat her out in number of Grails. Also no Skadi yet so people were still very bias against Quick.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Melt doesn't have a skill named "Breast Valley A".

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
to be fair if you're aiming for Melt you stand a very good chance of getting Lip as part of the deal anyway.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Lip isn't even the best aoe alter ego

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Finally caved and did a multi on one of the GSSR banners. Went for Rider, since Quetzalcoatl and Medb are both cool and good and not in my Chaldea already.

Got my 3rd copy of Drake instead.

Knew I should have pulled on the Extrassassin banner.

Oh well, now I can hoard stones and tickets until MHXA or Summer 2, whichever happens first.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Tae posted:

Lip isn't even the best aoe alter ego

the only other two are SSRs who don't overlap her niche too badly so i think she's in a pretty good place

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Speaking of CCC, is there a translation/walkthrough now that goes through the entire game or at least the true route? There was that blog from years back, but it only translated Gil's route.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Got a problem with that, zasshu?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Gilgamesh blinding Liz with the shining magnificence of his dong = win.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

halokiller posted:

Speaking of CCC, is there a translation/walkthrough now that goes through the entire game or at least the true route? There was that blog from years back, but it only translated Gil's route.

There's an ongoing youtube translation LP, but that's not complete. It does seem to still be active though, last update on the 1st, the one before that Dec 30th.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Just did the Lancer Altria interlude and Romulus remains a bro.

Remus when DW?

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

The New JP event is historically accurate in surprising ways.

Anastasia, a sharp and clever child, was a very monkey for jokes, some of them at times almost too practical for the enjoyment of others. I remember once when the family was in their Polish estate in winter the children were amusing themselves at snowballing. The imp which sometimes seemed to possess Anastasia led her to throw a stone rolled in a snowball straight at her dearly loved sister Tatiana. The missile struck the poor girl fairly in the face with such force that she fell senseless to the ground. The grief and horror of Anastasia lasted for many days and permanently cured her of her worst propensities to practical jokes.

~ Memories of the Russian Court By Anna Viroubova, former Lady-in-Waiting to Empress Alexandra

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Trihugger posted:

The fact that Lip is a Buster gorilla automatically made her fit with Merlin. And she never really stuns herself if you use her debuff immunity first. Tanking+Merlin heals while being effective against 4 classes isn't a bad combo.

Melt is overwhelmingly more popular, but the most Grailed servants tend to be a mix of gameplay, popularity and accessibility so Lip beat her out in number of Grails. Also no Skadi yet so people were still very bias against Quick.

You're correct on the Stun, I got her mixed up with Jeanne/Tamacat who got rid of their stun with a strengthening quest/interlude.

While I like Lip well enough, I do honestly think she's the most mediocre alter ego. She has a lot of buster cards for Merlin compatibility, but that's basically it. As a tank she only has one turn taunt and no dodge, invulnerability, or guts for avoiding NPs. An AoE NP is nice for an Alter Ego since they're best against groups of mixed classes, but she doesn't have an NP charge, unlike Okita or Kiara, and that's what you really want for farming.

While she's compatible with Merlin, she doesn't have much in the way of offensive skills so you're probably going to want to be using Hero Creation on your attacker instead. And if you're including a Tank, Mash buffs the defense of the rest of the team and has an invuln, and George/Deon both have 3 turn taunts. She's not bad, there are just better options.

golden bubble posted:

The New JP event is historically accurate in surprising ways.

Anastasia, a sharp and clever child, was a very monkey for jokes, some of them at times almost too practical for the enjoyment of others. I remember once when the family was in their Polish estate in winter the children were amusing themselves at snowballing. The imp which sometimes seemed to possess Anastasia led her to throw a stone rolled in a snowball straight at her dearly loved sister Tatiana. The missile struck the poor girl fairly in the face with such force that she fell senseless to the ground. The grief and horror of Anastasia lasted for many days and permanently cured her of her worst propensities to practical jokes.

~ Memories of the Russian Court By Anna Viroubova, former Lady-in-Waiting to Empress Alexandra

Like I said before, it's gonna be real weird when NA gets to part 2 next year with ice queen villain Anastasia while we've had nearly two years of her stealing the show as a gag character in every single event.

Bakanogami fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jan 3, 2019

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Nah, Lip is like really really good as time goes by

She has a very unique combo of A) super huge hitcounts on NP (the biggest in the game by a fair amount IIRC?), so her NP sets up partywide crits for the merlin(s) she's tagging with to do more GoAs with (as merlin has stargen buffs and lip has presence concealment, she can generate a very large amount of stars off Brynhildr Romantia), B) Heavy defense, so she takes the heat off your supports, making your team very stable, particularly against critical hits (a perennial problem for any buster team that isn't using cu alter as a pointman), C) Gorilla deck with amazing NP gain due to taunt being free battery that she can use to maul everyone.

The worst alterego is probably Kiara, because she has a pretty gimpy deck for what she wants to be doing. Lip isn't someone you wanna bring to farming nodes, but for hard content she's pretty invaluable - for example, for the Terracotta Army fight in LB3, where she can tear the enemies to shreds while protecting your supports from Riders. Her value does increase gradually over time though - there's no point to using her soon after her release when enemies hit like wet noodles still.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Melt is the best alter ego, even beating okitan. It's hard, but true. :colbert:

Her animations and voice lines are absolutely fantastic. The former is basically death by slam dancing and anyone who has played CCC can hear the phrase "Ara, kowai, kowai~" after reading it. :shepface:

halokiller posted:

FWIW, even if you don't know CCC you can basically pick up the most important parts through inference. I watched one of my friends stream the event (incidentally watching a stream of a phone game felt very weird) when it ran on JP before I played CCC, and I thought it was pretty good. It was what got me to go to the effort of importing CCC, even.

You'll like it more with that knowledge though, of course.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Please love passionlip everyone its all she wants.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I want melt because she's got knifes on her legs, which is something I aspire to

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
I want Kiara because she's a nun-turned-demon and is absolutely psychotic.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

Please love passionlip everyone its all she wants.

Memory serving, CCC specifically pointed out the love she wants isn't that much different from hate. :v:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Caved in and did the JP GSSR, got NP2 Aby and nothing else.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
I want Kiara because she’s hot. I’ll do a roll or two on Melts banner to try and get Lip, but Kiara is my main goal for CCC. Hopefully my luck there is better then it’s been the last couple months

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Cuntellectual posted:

Memory serving, CCC specifically pointed out the love she wants isn't that much different from hate. :v:

there's nothing wrong with being a masochist

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Cuntellectual posted:

I hate her NP because it's weak as balls at NP1

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Passion lips design is an abomination and deserves the hate

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

RanKizama posted:

Do we get another shot at pulling Illya after her New Years banner? I really want her and need to consider my options.

JP got a banner for her in late August to celebrate the Prisma movie along with interludes for her and Chloe, but it's probably anyone's guess when they'll drop that for NA and whether we'll get the banner for it.

And while my knowledge of CCC is fairly sparse and fragmentary -need to get around to binging that translation LP one of these days- the Sakurafaces are sitting right after MHXA on the list of rolling targets, though if they do come home they'll now be on a timer until Sitonai shoves them aside and becomes the go-to Alter Ego.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
https://streamable.com/c7njc

yorokobe

Stairmaster posted:

there's nothing wrong with being a masochist

Hakuno disagrees. :haw:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

What's passionlips deal, exactly? A J>E translator I follow was playing CCC but found their chapter so upsetting that she put the game down for a bit.

Motto fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Jan 4, 2019

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I really want to play Fate CCC. The fact that the OP only features the female MC pique my interest.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I mean, there's a variant in the CCC OP with Male Hakuno, but yeah who cares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MonsieurChoc posted:

Just did the Lancer Altria interlude and Romulus remains a bro.

I greatly enjoyed his tough love approach to getting Laltria to bond with the MC.