Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Cojawfee posted:

That really needs online multi.

It needs face cams too. Game needs like hand jestures irl for communication. Its wonderful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I wonder if BotW can finally redeem the series after they put Mario in it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Easy allies says the switch version of zelda is very choppy in large battles with smaller fps drops here and there all the time. Rip wii u version i guess

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I wonder if BotW can finally redeem the series after they put Mario in it.

Mario was in Link's Awakening tho

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Real hurthling! posted:

Easy allies says the switch version of zelda is very choppy in large battles with smaller fps drops here and there all the time. Rip wii u version i guess
fps drops or the game freezing for a frame when you kill poo poo?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SelenicMartian posted:

fps drops or the game freezing for a frame when you kill poo poo?

i'm pretty sure easy allies know the difference between hit stop and performance problems but if you gotta believe it can't possibly happen that's your right for 6 more days

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Holy gently caress there is even a death match mode :black101: :hellyeah:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I'll be buying this for friends too stuffy to buy it

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Like they only showed off the basic coop levels before and now there are multiplayer battle modes? :swoon:

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I liked the four played hockey/pong thing.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

It needs manual team tetris

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Is anywhere selling that joycons with snipperclips code? I want a second set for mario kart eventually. And I'm buying snipperclips. So it makes sense.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Bombadilillo posted:

Is anywhere selling that joycons with snipperclips code? I want a second set for mario cart eventually. And I'm buying snipperclips. So it makes sense.

Also need this real bad.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Bombadilillo posted:

Is anywhere selling that joycons with snipperclips code? I want a second set for mario kart eventually. And I'm buying snipperclips. So it makes sense.

UK for now.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Hopefully it's a surprise pack in game.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Gonna laugh my rear end off if/when Smash Bros Switch comes out and the Snipperclips... things aren't playable characters.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I am beside myself to be able to purchase the new sensation in gaming, the Nintendo Switch, in less than two weeks.

You could say I'm "switched on" to this idea! :shobon:

edit: woah! Next week! I'm in!

Victory Position fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Feb 24, 2017

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Weeping Wound posted:

I am beside myself to be able to purchase the new sensation in gaming, the Nintendo Switch, in less than two weeks.

You could say I'm "switched on" to this idea! :shobon:

It's actually next week!

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Where's that Snipperclips gif, I need it for the new thread

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Where's that Snipperclips gif, I need it for the new thread

http://i.imgur.com/QKQz1qk.mp4

http://i.imgur.com/4osuxRL.mp4

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Thanks, bud.

Also show of hands: who wants the new Switch thread to go up as soon as this one closes? I won't be home until later tonight, but let me know so I can get it up before tonight is over.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

dominos pizza got a new logo and the viral marketing got out of hand

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Thanks, bud.

Also show of hands: who wants the new Switch thread to go up as soon as this one closes? I won't be home until later tonight, but let me know so I can get it up before tonight is over.

Switch to a new thread, but we're just gonna shitpost in that one.. so maybe do it like a day before launch

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Plus you got the Nindie stream on Tuesday so there will be more info for the op to finalise the launch window, etc

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Thanks, bud.

What?! It's a week away, don't go crazy!!!

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Do it soon. There will be good things to talk about!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

close every thread except this one imo

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

This is the only perfect thread

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!
"Close the thread because I am tired of other people 'shitposting' and I have no self control to not keep reading the thread instead of doing something else with my life.... so PLEASE JUST CLOSE THE THREAD!!!!!"

:rolleyes:

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
Man, I wish I had a pre-order. I hope you goons all find out everything is broken and terrible.

Just kidding. I hope the system works fine and the games are fun.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Honestly, I bought the first PSP on the second day or something and thought I was gonna have a really good time playing it on my commute but it was just torture between A) feeling paranoid about people looking at me or wanting to jack me B) oblivious nerdos who want to talk to you about it and can't take the 2 seconds necessary to think about how the absolute LAST thing someone on their commute playing a new console wants to do is stop playing it to talk to you about it and C) Slightly less oblivious nerdos who would just barely hide the fact that they were looking at the screen.

Maybe the social nature of Nintendo fans and the Switch will alleviate this feeling for you, but this is an honest to god warning from the heart for anyone who thinks they're just gonna lose themselves playing Zelda on the train.

It was so bad I got rid of it for a few years and then bought another when it wasn't so novel and then it was great fun when no one gave a poo poo.

This is the most pathetic poo poo I've ever read.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

But seriously, why would this thread close tonight? Alfalfa's drunk at the wheel, can we really trust him with this responsibility??

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
With Snipperclips at launch I'm now buying 4 games on launch day.

Dis gon' be good

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/events/NintendoSwitch-Zelda/

Midnight Launch times

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Cojawfee posted:

That really needs online multi.

It needs to be an MMO

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
It is way too soon to close this thread

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Borsche69 posted:

This is the most pathetic poo poo I've ever read.

It would have made more sense back then when everyone didn't have expensive smart phones and poo poo with them all the time, at worst all that would happen now is you'd talk to an observer about a Zelda game you like instead of Candy Crush or whatever the gently caress is on your phone. It's not even as valuable to steal as the top end phones

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

What time is the midnight launch time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Yeah, nowadays everyone is loving with their phones and tablets so it's not a big deal. Sure, I mean if you are Switching at full volume that could be annoying, but the same could be said for someone doing whatever on their smart phone.

IMO if you are in public playing Switch you'll be instantly thought of as cool, so I'd do it every chance I got.

• Locked thread