Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

logikv9 posted:

Build the sea wall, macron

wrong president

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
Brexit now if you want to,
Leave the EU far behind
May is stuck in her car
She traveled real far
to beg for some extra ti-ime

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Haven't checked in a bit but is absolute boy Corby still critical of the European Union, and respectful for the people's continued mandate to get out of it?

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Doc Hawkins posted:

Ur mum's a cohesive unit

Blimey!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Squizzle posted:

russia cant conquer its own rear end w both hands and an off-the-shelf rear end conquest kit

and yet, somehow, they literally own america :cripes:

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
What. Is. Brexit? .. What is - Brexit?

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

Broke: The Cold War

Woke: The Global War on Terror

Brespoke: Perpetual Crisis As You Slowly Destroy Yourself For No Reason

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
...unfortunately, no one can be told what brexit is - you have to see it for yourself

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

uncertainty posted:

Dutch workers will be hit hard because of the reduction in trade, Dutch real estate agents and bankers etc. are going to profit from companies relocating.
The rich will get richer, the poor will get poorer, and the fascist right wing party will get more votes.

:hmmyes:

They only thing I would add is we have two such parties now so the fascist right wing coalition will get more votes

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

spooky halloween brexit

e:

https://twitter.com/JenniferMerode/status/1116106841417834496

go on refuse it you insane lunatic

Inexplicable Humblebrag has issued a correction as of 23:38 on Apr 10, 2019

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

yeah more Brexit !!! :toot:

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Another few months of this :feelsgood:

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

spooky halloween brexit

e:

they should have just rejected it, let brexit happen, and then invite the uk to rejoin on equal terms if they really want back in

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

spooky halloween brexit

e:

:spooky::yeshaha::spooky:

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I hope there are some really cunty terms attached to the extension

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
How can you have any brexit if you don't eat your meat

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Condition: may resigns

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Does this mean the UK has to have eu parliamentary elections

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Reality Winter posted:

Does this mean the UK has to have eu parliamentary elections

Yes

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

spooky halloween brexit

e:

this needs parliamentary approval right? lol

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

does it? who knows!

letwin-cooper bill means an extension has to be sorted. is there anything that stops extensions? i thought that was at a government, not parliamentary level, and thus mps got no say, but that's an assumption

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
Yes, the Cooper-Letwin bill requires that all extensions get parliamentary approval

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

spooky halloween brexit

e:

I was voting in the House, late one night
When my eyes beheld an eerie sight
The pound sterling exchange rate, began to drop
And suddenly, without a backstop

Financial crash! We did the Brexit crash
The Brexit crash, my deal I couldn't rehash
The Brexit crash, Rees-Mogg made a ton of cash
The Brexit crash, hope you've made a baked beans stash

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

spooky halloween brexit

e:

NO BREXIT MUST HAPPEN NOW

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Relevant Tangent posted:

Are there any pictures of Jacob Rees Mogg eating food? There are pictures of him around food but I want him mid-bite. Because if they don't exist, I think it further proof that he's some kind of undead abomination.

His aristocratic constitution is so delicate he needs to get all his calories and vitamins from dilluted Bovril

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

julian assflange posted:

I hope there are some really cunty terms attached to the extension

Yes there are and Macron made them up, I think they include several brexit check-points every few months where macron can chestkick the UK into the pit of brexit if they aren't living up to his demands

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Guardian:

Some of you may be wondering whether, under the terms of the Yvette Cooper bill (the one passed on Monday, against the wishes of the government, requiring the PM to request an article 50 extension) Theresa May has to come back to the Commons and get MPs to agree the new article 50 extension timetable, given that it is different from the one MPs voted to support on Tuesday.

The answer is no. The bill, as originally drafted, would have required a second vote in the Commons in these circumstances. But when the bill was in the Lords an amendment passed by Lord Goldsmith, the Labour peer, removed this requirement. Goldsmith argued that it would create uncertainty, because the PM could end up agreeing a new date at the EU summit and then needing to obtain retrospective backing for it in the Commons.

so it's down to may alone...

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Guardian:

Some of you may be wondering whether, under the terms of the Yvette Cooper bill (the one passed on Monday, against the wishes of the government, requiring the PM to request an article 50 extension) Theresa May has to come back to the Commons and get MPs to agree the new article 50 extension timetable, given that it is different from the one MPs voted to support on Tuesday.

The answer is no. The bill, as originally drafted, would have required a second vote in the Commons in these circumstances. But when the bill was in the Lords an amendment passed by Lord Goldsmith, the Labour peer, removed this requirement. Goldsmith argued that it would create uncertainty, because the PM could end up agreeing a new date at the EU summit and then needing to obtain retrospective backing for it in the Commons.

Haha so she can still no deal brexit

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Guardian:

wait the lords can pass amendments that dont need approval of the commons? lmao

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JFairfax posted:

Haha so she can still no deal brexit

Yes....ha ha ha...yes!

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Party Boat posted:

I was voting in the House, late one night
When my eyes beheld an eerie sight
The pound sterling exchange rate, began to drop
And suddenly, without a backstop

Financial crash! We did the Brexit crash
The Brexit crash, my deal I couldn't rehash
The Brexit crash, Rees-Mogg made a ton of cash
The Brexit crash, hope you've made a baked beans stash

lol

in keeping with Brexit tradition, a six month extension is the dumbest possible outcome

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

wait the lords can pass amendments that dont need approval of the commons? lmao

It goes back to the Commons, who can then stick the clause back in and send it back to the Lords again. Looks like in this case that they realised tying an extension to a Commons vote was a bad idea and just went with the Lords version.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Guardian:

Lol loving hell, I stand corrected.

Big thank you to lord Goldsmith

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
bonus hockey brexit

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
the fate of the global economy rests on the capable shoulders of thersea may

we're all going to die

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lmfao, it never ends

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

october extension seems like it'd immediately result in may being removed by tory brexiteers but who knows, they also seem cowardly as hell

or probably the point is for may to call an election

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Well, I know what I'm dressing up as for Halloween :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sitchensis
Mar 4, 2009

Ugh all this edging is killing me.

Brexit now! Brexit forever!