Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Rodyle posted:

P4 was loving terrible with LGBT+ issues.

Like, man, I clung to "Kanji is gay" a long time but the moral of that story was "it's okay to like 'feminine' things, it doesn't make you The Gay."

yes, the moral of 'there's no such thing as something 'too girly' for a guy to enjoy and no you liking to sew doesn't in any way change who you are', what a regressive moral especially coming from a place where gender roles are still a pretty rigid thing to most of the conservative sections of society and all...

As a gay guy I'm really loving happy the moral WASN'T 'no you silly you were exactly right you liking to sew was a sign of your gayness, because you see that is a known Gay Trait and if you check that box you love cock'. That would have been a loving horrible moral in a game where finding the true you despite others' views is a major theme. You're literally mad the moral wasn't 'societal bigotry is correct'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

sexpig by night posted:

yes, the moral of 'there's no such thing as something 'too girly' for a guy to enjoy and no you liking to sew doesn't in any way change who you are', what a regressive moral especially coming from a place where gender roles are still a pretty rigid thing to most of the conservative sections of society and all...

As a gay guy I'm really loving happy the moral WASN'T 'no you silly you were exactly right you liking to sew was a sign of your gayness, because you see that is a known Gay Trait and if you check that box you love cock'. That would have been a loving horrible moral in a game where finding the true you despite others' views is a major theme. You're literally mad the moral wasn't 'societal bigotry is correct'.

Thank you. Seriously. You're calling out something that's really pervasive.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm willing to call Naoto's stuff a perspective thing. Friends who are trans/queer have told me opinions of it ranging from 'I actually cried it hit me so well' to 'this is a loving horrible storyline that lowered my opinion of the game' so I'll defer to that as proof that this is a more subjective part of the game's handling GSM issues.

If you're not down with Kanji's story was a really solid commentary of adolescent views of sexuality and gender roles I 100% don't believe you got the point of it, though.

Yosuke probably should have been told to shut the gently caress up more, though, yea. They kinda lean on the assumed 'get it he's an rear end in a top hat' stuff without any one actually saying 'god drat it Yosuke shut up about Kanji already' and that would have helped that, especially with Yosuke's story being 'hey I get I'm an rear end in a top hat, I wanna be better though'.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
especially when the "resolution" of it is yosuke literally only stopping after kanji threatens him with violence

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Persona is pretty poor about tying the confidant stuff back to the main story line, and it''d be really cool if they made an effort in the future to try that out more. if you'd done Yosuke up to a certain point he should stop being an rear end in a top hat about Kanji, for example. In P5 at one point you can tell Ryuji "I was on a date" and one of the two possible people you could have been on a date with are standing RIGHT THERE and they don't say a word if it was them.

It'd really help bring the world to life and flesh the characters out some but on the other hand, that's a lot of effort since you could be at literally any point on a social link with someone and you'd have to take that into account.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

sexpig by night posted:

yes, the moral of 'there's no such thing as something 'too girly' for a guy to enjoy and no you liking to sew doesn't in any way change who you are',

-is good (as I literally already said) but doesn't need the gay panic element

Wanting to believe that it's this in depth commentary on how kids see things is wishful thinking, we literally see how this team views LGBT folks in 3, Catherine, and 5. 4 is in line with this, not a standout.

Yes, it could be used as that in a different game, but it's not being used that way here.

Naoto's story is a different kettle of fish entirely that I'd rather just not get into.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
https://twitter.com/PeachSaliva/status/863831493239607296

Yeah, that's a thing Pat would do.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Pat's hinting at the chicken substory in the most unnerving possible way, I can't wait for Nugget to show up.
THE HYPEST FREE REAL ESTATE TUTORIALS ON YOUTUBE

HGH fucked around with this message at 21:28 on May 14, 2017

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
I don't want this Every time, but I really love the ill-conceived adventures of 3 fuccbois with no drivers licenses trying to navigate the mean streets of L.A. :allears:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

HGH posted:

Pat's hinting at the chicken substory in the most unnerving possible way, I can't wait for Nugget to show up.
THE HYPEST FREE REAL ESTATE TUTORIALS ON YOUTUBE

You can hear Matt's brain leaking out of his head as Pat was explaining it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
God, like half an hour of Pat's prey stream was him trying to repeat a video guide and him slowly wanting to die in the process.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Another Redips/Spider tier revelation recently happened on Liam's stream. Noticing his chat talking about "mansex", he puts 2 and 2 together after 11 years.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

HGH posted:

Another Redips/Spider tier revelation recently happened on Liam's stream. Noticing his chat talking about "mansex", he puts 2 and 2 together after 11 years.

Absolutely incredible.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I can't go to the link now, but is it about kh2 and xemnas?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

He just now pieced together that Nobodies' names are just scrambled versions of the originals name with an "X" in it.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
More specifically, Sora - Roxas.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

It's been ages since I've played a KH game but doesn't one of them (2 I think?) have a seen where a character literally rearranged Sora's name with an X to make Roxas?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Holy gently caress Bloodborne 2!!! :vince:

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/05/13/bloodborne-2-is-99-percent-certain-to-be-shown-at-e3-2017/

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Unsure if I want it to be PS4 exclusive so I can better justify my PS4 purchase, or if I really want it to not be exclusive since I can just feel the framerate difference between DS3 on PC and BB on PS4

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

So a person that has nothing do with FROM makes a post on neogaf about Bloodborne possibly being a thing.

God what a dumb clickbait article.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 18:17 on May 15, 2017

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
I'll save you all the time of clicking on this waste of an article.

Thomas Mahler, the CEO and Game Director of Moon Studios and the mind behind Ori and the Blind Forest, says that he's confident that Bloodborne 2 will be announced at E3 2017.

“I'm 99% certain we'll see it :)” Mahler wrote...

Straight from the completely unrelated horse's mouth, a bullshit statistic improvised on the spot.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Andrast posted:

So a person that has nothing do with FROM makes a post on neogaf about Bloodborne possibly being a thing.

God what a dumb clickbait article.

Justice Sloth posted:

I'll save you all the time of clicking on this waste of an article.

Thomas Mahler, the CEO and Game Director of Moon Studios and the mind behind Ori and the Blind Forest, says that he's confident that Bloodborne 2 will be announced at E3 2017.

“I'm 99% certain we'll see it :)” Mahler wrote...

Straight from the completely unrelated horse's mouth, a bullshit statistic improvised on the spot.

I only got as far as the title mentioning E3 and I decided it didn't matter, good to know I was right. E3 is so utterly useless unless you want to get hyped up for something that might show up 2 years from now, or if it's Nintendo announcing something (though to be fair in recent years they've been beset by delays). The fact that the article was apparently "some guy said some thing on some forum" makes it somehow more meaningless.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Correction: I am most hopeful for a Bloodborne sequel at E3.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I didn't think it was possible to have this much of a meltdown over real estate management but it makes for good comedy.

Genocyber posted:

It's been ages since I've played a KH game but doesn't one of them (2 I think?) have a seen where a character literally rearranged Sora's name with an X to make Roxas?
That is pretty much what happens in what I linked.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
This is the best ALL THE WARRIORS has ever been :allears:

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

Watching the Ride to Hell: Retribution LP. I'm on episode 16, right where YouTube poo poo itself and majorly desynched video/audio, but something I haven't seen them address yet is the fact that you BUY weapons, but it works off of halo/gears of war rules where you can only have two weapons you pick up at a time. You have to rely on the level to spawn the weapon you want. It's just... So lovely...

Edit: system reboot fixed the desync issue. God, this LP is so good. :allears:

Mywhatacleanturtle fucked around with this message at 00:04 on May 16, 2017

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
The Ride to hell LP ends in the best fashion possible with the worst dlc imaginable for the worst game.

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

Foxhound posted:

The Ride to hell LP ends in the best fashion possible with the worst dlc imaginable for the worst game.

After the Men Drinking Coffee LP, I really want to see the Best Friends tackle pre-patch Raven's Cry.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

After the Men Drinking Coffee LP, I really want to see the Best Friends tackle pre-patch Raven's Cry.

They kinda already did

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g1vZ16mnGs

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

Oh. Hey. Good news, then! :v:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

No, that's the rerelease.

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011
edit:Nevermind. Listened to the Podcast. It's pretty great so far in spite of things falling apart.

No.1 Special fucked around with this message at 07:53 on May 16, 2017

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!
Finally, my three favorite internet guys get to shoot the poo poo together!

It's a trainwreck isn't it

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Scratch-O posted:

Finally, my three favorite internet guys get to shoot the poo poo together!

It's a trainwreck isn't it

"Expect Nothing, Recieve Less" :v:

In all honesty though I haven't listened to it yet but the preview video alone promises this ethos.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Woolie warning to pat that he can't handle black mirror consequently, when pat recalled patch notes for a game he doesn't play and follows an mmo story.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
The audio of the podcast keeps cutting out randomly, which is pretty good because it's saving me from Pat's stupid baby nihilism, but imagine being subbed to this on Twitch.

Vinny's a good guest tho.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
pat's streams are funny, but the constant flood of donation comments is incredibly grating and ruins all flow

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Depths posted:

pat's streams are funny, but the constant flood of donation comments is incredibly grating and ruins all flow

He's gotta fund the secret cakes somehow.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Depths posted:

I nominate he hires Fuggins to read comments full-time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ApeHawk posted:

I nominate he hires Fuggins to read comments full-time.

I nominate he hires Fuggins to commentate full-time and ignore the comments entirely