Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Iceshade posted:

Cait wants me to go to Vault 95 with her. I checked my map and it's in the rear end end of freaking nowhere. I'm lvl 29, not sure if I'm high enough, but gently caress it. Strap on your legendary weapons, load up on explosives, drugs, food and strong alcoholic beverages, and let's make the journey. We're heading straight down there!

You are the companion Cait deserves: I've been checking the thread for an answer to the same question rather than just loading up the good stuff and hauling rear end :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Odobenidae posted:

New York would be a smouldering crater wouldn't it? Come to think of it why wasn't Boston Proper itself bombed? Same with the Capital Wasteland, you'd think DC would be target #1. Modern nuke maps or whatever have like a few bombs for each major city just for good measure, and the only reason vegas survived was because of House's energy shield.

I think the game stated that the bomb aimed for Boston missed, and that's what created the Glowing Sea.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Internet Kraken posted:

I want a properly restored texture for this one.

To hell with a restored texture, I want that outfit for Codsworth

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Azhais posted:

To hell with a restored texture, I want that outfit for Codsworth

I would actually pay good money for a poster-sized print of this.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
fallout prices are always weird because it seems like they never decided if the gimmick was "inflation, am i rite?" or if the joke was "gas prices, am i rite?" so it seems like at various times they do both but one negates the other.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Is there any way to see what settlers are unassigned or what they are currently assigned to ?

I can't tell which nameless fucklord is doing what.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Sylink posted:

Is there any way to see what settlers are unassigned or what they are currently assigned to ?

If you point to a settler in workshop mode the thing they are assigned to will light up.

This is totally useless because it only helps if the thing they are assigned to can be viewed in the same camera angle as you can also point to the settler.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sylink posted:

Not really. They'll glow along with their assignment when you hover over them in build view, but unless they are near what they are doing you won't see it (and at night it'll highlight their bed instead). There's a "mod" that lets you rename your settlers tho

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1951/

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

It's really hosed up how there isn't just some town interface that shows your number of settlers and you plus/minus numbers between available jobs. Or they all just auto-fill and you only have to manage if you don't have enough people.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Baronjutter posted:

It's really hosed up how there isn't just some town interface that shows your number of settlers and you plus/minus numbers between available jobs. Or they all just auto-fill and you only have to manage if you don't have enough people.

New settlers will automatically take open jobs (at least farming and it seems scavenging). Old settlers won't do poo poo if you add more work.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Baronjutter posted:

Clearly we need some sort of DLC to fix this problem

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe

Pellisworth posted:

I'd like to see a DLC fix to show how much my companion can carry. =/

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

Robzilla posted:

I'd like to see a DLC fix to show how much my companion can carry. =/

Just throw your poo poo on the ground and make them pick it up. Problem solved.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Pellisworth posted:

I can already see the DLC titles.

"Fallout 4 : Livin' Large."
"Fallout 4 : Hot Date."
"Fallout 4 : Vacation."

BambooEarpick posted:

Just throw your poo poo on the ground and make them pick it up. Problem solved.
Does this bypass their usual weight limit or something?

madkapitolist
Feb 5, 2006
If I go to 35 court as a lower level (currently 12), can I still get the X10 armor or will it spawn a different armor? If I go back when im a higher level (>20), will it still spawn an x10?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Pellisworth posted:

I'd pay for DLC that really expanded the town building things. Way more walls, proper management interface, ability to hire interesting special mayor characters that give a settlement bonuses. Ability to set official uniforms and weapons and such.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

I wish this game wasn't boring as poo poo (combat-wise) when you're above level 30.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

whoever said that cyborg implants were dlc was right
there's a terminal that mentions a dude who doesn't exist otherwise and how he was a crazy man w/ those things which is why the institute doesn't let you become a sweet cyborg

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Got the game onto my ssd, if anything the load time seems worse now. Oh well.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
As a BF4 player and a heavy DMR user, the combat rifle turned into a sniper rifle is loving awesome.

isndl posted:

Wait, what? The Laser Sniper has a charge mechanic? :aaaaa:

No wonder it seemed slightly weaker than advertised.

God damnit.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
I was really hoping Confidence Man would stop the DJ from sucking, if that poo poo doesn't kick in soon I might have to just shoot him in the face.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Fereydun posted:

whoever said that cyborg implants were dlc was right
there's a terminal that mentions a dude who doesn't exist otherwise and how he was a crazy man w/ those things which is why the institute doesn't let you become a sweet cyborg

I don't need no immortality giving cybernetics, my man Cabot has me covered. Curie and I will rule the minutemen with an iron fist for a thousand years

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

RBA Starblade posted:

Got the game onto my ssd, if anything the load time seems worse now. Oh well.

It's a you thing. I'm on an SSD, I go from desktop to playing in probably 30 seconds, and my longest load time hasn't been more than 15 seconds or so, some are much, much shorter. When I've been trying to reload a quicksave to make a Charisma/speech check, loads have been near instantaneous.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
So, are there any clear sequel hooks and hints that people ran into like the mentions of the Commonwealth in 3?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
FO5: The Enclave was right, time to take back DC

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

New Leaf posted:

It's a you thing. I'm on an SSD, I go from desktop to playing in probably 30 seconds, and my longest load time hasn't been more than 15 seconds or so, some are much, much shorter. When I've been trying to reload a quicksave to make a Charisma/speech check, loads have been near instantaneous.

Yeah I only was able to look at initial load times (since I apparently saved near an enemy on a skyscraper) which weren't great, I'm hoping quickloading and entering new buildings is faster. Not that the load times are bad, I was just playing around since I have the space.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Timeless Appeal posted:

So, are there any clear sequel hooks and hints that people ran into like the mentions of the Commonwealth in 3?

The Brotherhood becoming more and more like the Enclave may be a point of contention in the future when/if they cross paths with the NCR, over on the West Coast, Maxon's lot have basically stripped the Capital Wastes bare of all tech, including the Enclave strongholds there so they are packing some serious power.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Timeless Appeal posted:

Lovecraft stuff

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMcMk6BBgGM You, uh, hanging in there all right, buddy?

Iceshade
Sep 15, 2007
Tactical Ignorance
Enter weirdo little crypt, what the gently caress is that noise WHAT THE gently caress WAS THAT

Fuckin mirelurkmurloc king in my face what :wtc:

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise

Timeless Appeal posted:

There is a panoramic of the Golden Gate bridge during the Kellog dream sequence thingy. Didnt they say if they did a sequel, that it would be west coast?

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

McSpankWich posted:

I was really hoping Confidence Man would stop the DJ from sucking, if that poo poo doesn't kick in soon I might have to just shoot him in the face.

Counterpoint: Nervous Travis is cool and good.

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

Judge Tesla posted:

The Brotherhood becoming more and more like the Enclave may be a point of contention in the future when/if they cross paths with the NCR, over on the West Coast, Maxon's lot have basically stripped the Capital Wastes bare of all tech, including the Enclave strongholds there so they are packing some serious power.

They also have an open recruitment process with the Wastelanders, who--given their location and general troubles--probably don't find it hard to see the guys exterminating feral ghouls and cannibal super mutants and psychotic raiders as bad, their policy on eradicating non-human sentients and technology-hoarding notwithstanding.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis

McSpankWich posted:

I love that this game is perpetuating the "Fedora's make me more charismatic" mentality.

But they do. Catch is it also needs snappy suit go with it, and Bethesda coding such conditional triggers is too much :effort:

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I'm surprised the golden gate bridge is still standing. Did we ever see it in FO1 or 2?

Oh yeah the Hubbologists were using it to launch a spaceship to meet their space god or what ever. I guess the NRC fixed it.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

madkapitolist posted:

If I go to 35 court as a lower level (currently 12), can I still get the X10 armor or will it spawn a different armor? If I go back when im a higher level (>20), will it still spawn an x10?

I've read 26 is the minimum level for it to spawn.

Davoren posted:

Counterpoint: Nervous Travis is cool and good.

Yeah it really boggles my mind that people don't like the longest string of dialogue that is actually funny and good.

Nicodemus Dumps fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Nov 24, 2015

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
They should use the alternate ending of fallout 2 for fallout 5 and you're a young pup off on an adventure from Vault 13. Back to the beginning.

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

what's better this or NV

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Judge Tesla posted:

Well, I don't know, they're basically the bad guys in this game already, I'm not sure you could make them more of a proper threat in any upcoming games. I suppose the Minutemen might become a hardline dictatorship spreading through the wastes?

Edit ^^^^ Depends on what you want out of the games. NV's story and setting is tons better and the ways you can alter stuff by speech or skill checks is more easily felt in that game. And NV's crafting is strangely more entertaining than Fallout 4's in some ways. But Fallout 4 has a more robust combat system and lets you do a whole lot more stuff you wouldn't expect to in a game like this.

evilmiera fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Nov 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

There's nothing wrong with exterminating ferals-waiting-to-happen, communist supermutants and raiders. The wasteland requires that sort of harsh, right-thinking justice.

Bunch of toe-headed, mirelurk hugging sons of bitches in this thread.

• Locked thread