Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Oh right.

That's still all of two other Pokemon with that typing. Not what I'd call common.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I think I put alolan marowak out of my mind entirely when I found out that it couldn't learn shadow bone until the end of the game

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oh

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Oct 5, 2017

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

That's three new Pokemon.

I really should update the OP... eh, I've still got like a month left.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Is it me, or are USUM looking more like a sequel than a "third version?"

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I figure a lot of the new stuff will be postgame like delta episode

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I'm just hoping they'll have some new Alola forms or something. Surely with overall expanded selection there will be some?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Wait Ultra Beast are considered legendaries?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

Is it me, or are USUM looking more like a sequel than a "third version?"

nah, the added stuff doesnt seem to change the story at all

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

If you want to nitpick one could argue whether they are even pokemon. But if it walks like a duck...

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

I mean, they have all the hallmarks of legendaries, dont they? Limitied quantity, can't be bred, lowish catchrate, don't evolve, only obtainable through endgame/postgame stuff. I assume they're stated similarly but I haven't checked.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Oxyclean posted:

I mean, they have all the hallmarks of legendaries, dont they? Limitied quantity, can't be bred, lowish catchrate, don't evolve, only obtainable through endgame/postgame stuff. I assume they're stated similarly but I haven't checked.

Is Cosmog an Ultra Beast?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Avalerion posted:

If you want to nitpick one could argue whether they are even pokemon. But if it walks like a duck...

Oxyclean posted:

Fair enough

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Rock/Steel is unfortunate for something that wants to avoid dying.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I consider Ultra Beasts Legendaries, but at the moment I don't think Pokemon officially considers any of the Tapu legendaries, so official word is just really confusing in that regard this generation. Basically, yes, if you can only get something in limited quantities and it can't breed, I think it's a legendary. Type: Null and Silvally fit that mold for me as well.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Manatee Cannon posted:

I figure a lot of the new stuff will be postgame like delta episode

They showed a second stage starter fighting them and them attacking Aether HQ. that combined with the japanese trailer makes it seem like they're gonna be interwoven.

US/UM is gonna be like platinum++ it seems, where they added in way way way way more plot/character stuff and restructured part of the game.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Serebii pointed out the Ultra Recon squad is now after Lillie in the intro instead of some random Aether goons.

https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/915939745573765120

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Ultra Beasts are not legendaries.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Dizz posted:

Ultra Beasts are not legendaries.

You're not legendary.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Ultra Beasts are functionally the same as Legendaries, so they're Legendaries. Which also means we have two very kawaii and wonderful Poison-type Legendaries now (Nihilego and Adhesive).

The Tapus are Moltres/Entei/Regirock/Azelf/Cobalion/Tornadus tier Legendaries.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the ultra beasts are legendary pokemon here but they could be starters in ultra world i guess

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ultra beast, mythical pokemon, etc is all just semantics. they're legendaries

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I'm disappointed my Brick Friend is Rock/Steel, that's super generic (well, 6 other pokemon, but it feels generic). Also a defensive pokemon that's quad weak to Earthquake, sure that'll go swimmingly :v:

Adhesive is cool, pure Poison is neat as well. Burst being Ghost/Fire is a bit weird (Fire was for certain but wanted either Grass or Fairy as the secondary).

Anyway who cares you get to go to a different dimension and take on weird Tron people, game looks good in my books right now.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Burst is a Ghost-type because of its severed head

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Oh that makes sense then, cool headless clown.

I'm calling mine Tim Curry.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

This sounds an awful lot like Pokemon: Strange Journey to me.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Oh yeah, that Japanese USUM trailer that was posted some time ago? Here's the translation of what was said in it.

quote:

0:08 – Kukui: “Yeah! It’s said that long ago when Alola was covered in darkness the people and Pokémon of Alola vanquished the darkness with light.”
0:15 – Burnet talking about how rare it is to see cracks open up in the sky (Ultra Worm Holes)
0:22 – Shionira: “Necrozma, the Pokemon that controls light…does it plan to steal Alola’s light?”
0:58 – Guzma: “The enemy of my enemy is my friend, huh?” (literal translation: “So…it’s ‘keep the enemy alive, so we stay alive too, huh?”)
0:59 – Gladion: “If mom dies as well…!”
1:00 – Lusamine: “Get out of here…He’s…He’s a monster!!”

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Blooming Brilliant posted:

I'm disappointed my Brick Friend is Rock/Steel, that's super generic (well, 6 other pokemon, but it feels generic). Also a defensive pokemon that's quad weak to Earthquake, sure that'll go swimmingly :v:

If you only count fully evolved it's 3 other pokemon that are Rock and Steel. Being quad weak to Fighting and Ground sucks, but if the numbers are high enough it'll do ok. The numbers won't be high enough, but there's hope!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I'm pretty tired of Beast Boost, it'd be cool if the UBs got hidden abilities

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Dr. Fetus posted:

Oh yeah, that Japanese USUM trailer that was posted some time ago? Here's the translation of what was said in it.

Okay, so the Recon Guys will be bad enough to force the previous villains to ally with us? Good to see these the writing seems to be taking a step up and focusing on the potential that Ultra Space has.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Oct 5, 2017

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

What if assembly has base 150 speed

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

sharrrk posted:

What if assembly has base 150 speed

It won't. That's not a prime number.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

151 speed then

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

what if it had 69 speed...

[funny number knowers in the audience are chuckling]

im talking 420 attack

[they're hooting and clapping now. it's wild]

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
[is the one person in the audience looking stonefaced at such puerile humor and neither hooting nor clapping]

[gets a pie thrown in the face by UB Burst]

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm pretty sure it'll throw the exploding head before any pies

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I don't know how much Mind Blown is going to do, but using it as a Z-Move is going to be sick :getin:

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I don't care that rock/steel is boring I care that it's double weak to both fighting and ground. my beautiful boy aggron already burned me once before

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012
Ghost/Rock was right there, unbelievable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

:aaa: