Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zilkin
Jan 9, 2009
I always see huge praise for this movie but I just dont get why. I just can't really care about the characters for some reason. Which is weird since another prison movie based on King book; The Green Mile made me cry like little baby. I think the main reason for that is that in my mind this movie tries to create believable prison setting but falls way short, everything just seems so cliché. Again in The Green Mile they don't even try to be believable which fits the movie. All in all I just find this movie rather bland with couple good acting performances, but nothing that would raise this movie from good to great for me.

3/5

Zilkin fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Nov 16, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU