Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
My favorite movie ever. Just terrific. The scene where Tommy gets shot is so powerful, I sometimes skip over the entire Tommy segment just so I don't have to be upset by him being killed. Last parts of the movie, starting with Norton finding the hole is very uplifting. You can feel the hope Andy was talking about. I wish I had a HQ screencap of Red, Norton, and Hadley looking into the tunnel to use as wallpaper.

My favorite part of the movie might be the part where Red, narrarating, says "the guards all remembered to bring their W2s." I love it because for that one instance, Andy is in charge. He tells them to bring the papers and they do it.

I've read the original story and the screenplay. The screenplay had some interesting scenes:
1. The completion of Hadley and another guard beating up Bogs. He crawls onto the balcony and blood drips down and hits Red on the shoe.
2. Norton sends some kid into the tunnel and when he gets down to the pipe he says "It smells like poo poo. Oh God, it is poo poo." Red laughs his rear end off and Norton sends him to solitarie. Red says he understands what Andy meant by easy time in solitarie (since he was laughing his rear end off).
3. When Red sees Andy on the beach, they exchange their lines upon meeting each other for the first time. I think they should have put that in the movie, to round it off nicely.

BTW, Richie Aprile was one of Andy's friends in jail.

Put your trust in the Lord; your rear end belongs to me. Welcome to Shawshank.

Mr. Kite fucked around with this message at 03:06 on May 10, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU