Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
This is one of my three favorite Movies That Don't Take Themselves Seriously. The other two are Big Trouble in Little China and Tank Girl(not furry). Unlike these, The Fifth Element includes decent to excellent acting. This means, basically everyone is decent and Gary Oldman is EXCELLENT. We have Chris Tucker playing Chris Tucker, Bruce Willis playing Bruce Willis, and Milla Jovavich(did I slaughter this? Prolly.) playing HOT.

Ahem. The acting's not what's important in this movie, even though Oldman might make you smile a bit. It's the sense of humor and panache that make the movie what it is. Despite the haters who have posted previously, I proudly declare that I think the opera scene is mid-level badass. I also love all the fun bits that are thrown in, from an oriental (Thai?) dude who sells Bruce some soup, to Lt. Stonewall, the movie has a great sense of immersion.

The score is also top-rate, given you like the opera theme. Most of the other stuff is assorted electronica and the slightly lovely 'Light of Love' theme.

Did I mention the hotness? Oh, okay. Well, it always helps.

Overall, I love this movie and give it a 5/5.

PS. AZIZ, LIGHT!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU