Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I really liked the directing in this film--it called a lot of attention to itself, but a little distance actually works well here. I agree that the fight scene was awful. It was fine that it was spliced in with the opera, but the goofy combat that degenerated into larry-curly-moe just sucked all the air out the scene and the next few suffered for it. The "love" finish is a little eh, but the movie doesn't cultivate a central expectation/interest as much as it pleases you with with constant little surpises. Loved Tucker and Willis--the president hosed up one of the easiest roles in history. The villan Zorn was good, but really could have used a more forceful personality twist (they were on the right track when the priest called him a monster and he said "I know"). I think the movie also would have benefited from aliens that were just a little less of a joke. 3.5/5 -- a few relatively easy changes could have made this a much better movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU