Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BajaBurrito
Jan 5, 2003

Delicious Fruit
I'm not too big on subtext, symbolism, satire and all that other high school English class bullshit. I enjoyed this movie on a purely visceral surface level. It's perhaps the greatest big-budget sci-fi B-movie ever made (with Flash Gordon a close competitor). The dialogue is stilted, the acting amateurish, and the plot is nonsensical, but I'll be damned if I don't love every minute of it! Somehow this movie manages to tickle the pleasure center of my brain every time I watch it.

Yes, I read the book. No, I don't care if they butchered the source material. Actually, I'm glad that they left out the powered armor stuff since that leaves open the possibility of adapting John Steakley's Armor - a far superior example of the "Space Marines In Powered-Exoskeletons" genre.

Voted 4/5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU