Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheMaestro
Aug 14, 2002
Directed by: Ivan Reitman
Starring: Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Sigourney Weaver, Harold Ramis, Rick Moranis

Man at Elevator: What are you supposed to be, some kind of a cosmonaut?
Dr. Peter Venkman: No, we're exterminators. Someone saw a cockroach up on twelve.
Man at Elevator: That's gotta be some cockroach.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Bite your head off, man.
Dr. Raymond Stantz: [Entering elevator] Going up?
Man at Elevator: I'll take the next one.

Dr. Raymond Stantz: Symmetrical book stacking. Just like the Philadelphia mass turbulence of 1947.
Dr. Peter Venkman: You're right, no human being would stack books like this.

Dana Barrett (Zuul): Do you want this body?
Dr. Peter Venkman: Is this a trick question?

Dr. Raymond Stantz: Gozer the Gozerian... good evening. As a duly designated representative of the City, County and State of New York, I order you to cease any and all supernatural activity and return forthwith to your place of origin or to the nearest convenient parallel dimension.
Dr. Peter Venkman: [Sarcastically] That oughta do it. Thanks very much, Ray.

RATING: 5.5

PROS: One of the greatest Comedies evar.
CONS: No boobs.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087332/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

True on the no boobs, but Sigourney sexed up spiritually by Zuul was :coal:.
One of Ivan Reitman's best, but nods to Ramis & Ackroyd for writing it.
This movie was Bill Murray at his comedic peak.

Ravarek
Apr 25, 2004

Solid gold dipes:
E'ry day I'm hustlin'.
" Get her! "

One of the best movies ever made, in my opinion.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
One of the funniest films ever made.

5/5

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
This film is cinematic genius, and one of the funniest movies ever.

"I'm sorry! I was hungry!"

5/5

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
"LISTEN! ...do you smell something?"

This is one of the funniest films ever made, hands down.

Tobian's Spirit Guide says so.

Karabiner
Jul 10, 2001

by Ozma
I'm a film snob, and my votes reflect this, but this was my favorite childhood movie and just thinkign about it makes me smile. I love it. A truly fun and funny movie.

Bivens
Jun 23, 2003

die mensch·maschine
n/t

Bivens fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jun 14, 2015

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost
I was only 8 when this came out, and looking back on it, I think this was one of the defining films of my childhood. It has aged very well indeed (special FX notwithstanding, or course :-).

As already mentioned we have a snappy, wit-packed script, likeable characters, a couple of *great* villains, and of course *that* song. So, who ya' gonna call?

A cracking good romp - 5/5

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
There are some movies, that if they ran somewhere on some channel every single day, I would watch them every single day. Ghostbusters is one of those films for me. I have loved it ever since I was a very very young boy to this very day. It's rare that there is a film I just don't get tired of.

5.5/5 (would be higher if there was something higher)

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
A rare gem that ages fine, and is still just as funny as it was when it came out. And as usual, it's much much better than its sequel. Voted five.

LowJack
Jun 27, 2003

My favorite movie as a child. Everything I could say has been said by everyone else: it's just a good loving movie.

4.5/5 manbabies

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Truly the defining memento to a generation, spawning merchandise, cartoons, music, toys, and memories.
5/5

Captain Fwiffo
Jan 23, 2004

Resident of Pluto
"When sombody asks you if you're a god yoooooouuuu sayyyyyy YES!!!"

Very clever movie, and always fun to watch.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home
stay puff, what else is there to say.

Shindig
Apr 2, 2002
definitely one of my favorite movies of all time, it is a cinematic tour de force
5/5

Dr. Sheaus
Jul 14, 2003

What a wonderful movie. I adored the Ghostbusters as a kid, and after buying this on DVD a year ago for :10bux:, I fell in love with it again. 5/5, with many thanks for warm fuzzy memories of my childhood.

Winston: "Ray, do you believe in God?"
Ray: "Never met him."

Lapsley
Mar 19, 2003
My second favorite movie of all time. Following pirates of the caribbean so closely.

Kynetx
Jan 8, 2003

Full of ignorant tribalism. Kinda sad.
"Where do these stairs go?"
"They go up."

"It smells like barbecued dog"

Best comedy to come out of the 80's. Totally original. Best one-liners EVER.

Vivisector
Aug 24, 2002

Squirreling?
I own both movies. These are up there on the list of my favorites.

"This chick is Toast."

Although I am torn on which I like better, 1 or 2.

Rating: 5.5/5

Evryone should see this.

Vivisector fucked around with this message at 01:24 on May 18, 2004

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE
How anyone could vote lower than 5 is a mystery to me

Gnusticks
Apr 29, 2004

Plunge it into my cold dark holes.

quote:

TheMaestro came out of the closet to say:
CONS: No boobs.

NB: this is not true. when the demonic hands come up and clasp sigourney in her apartment if you watch closely one of them briefly drags her top down, exposing her bare breast. an instant later a bare hand lifts the material back up. it's an incredibly fast goof and i've only got a VHS copy but it definitely happens. that counts as a boob shot i tell you. now can anyone get it?

and this movie gets the highest rating. terrific comedy that i think i've watched more than any other.

EvilDonald
Aug 30, 2002

I'm the urban spaceman, baby.
EGON- Let's say this Twinkie represents the normal amount of psychokinetic energy in the New York area. Based on this moring's readings, it would be a Twinkie thirty-five feet long, weighing approximately six hundred pounds.

WINSTON- That's a big Twinkie.

One of my favorites ever.

What floor are we on?
Twenty two.
Tell me when we get to thirty. I'm gonna throw up.

:krad:

Canadian Maniac
Jun 25, 2000

I first saw this movie when I was very young and the opening library scene scared the poo poo out of me back then. I've probably watched this movie more times than any other out there and it never gets boring. It also spawned my expensive affair with Ghostbusters toys.

5/5.

PoSeiDoN
Jun 14, 2003

These go to 11.
"Everyone has 3 mortgages nowadays"

5.5/5

A timeless classic that is always great - Bill Murray was awesome.

schmuckfeatures
Oct 27, 2003
Hair Elf
This is my favourite movie of all time, hands down. 5.5 out of 5. Bill Murray at his best, and it feels like you're revisiting NYC every time you watch it.

Cessna N333UM
Dec 7, 2003

Winning (and passing Check-Rides) is better than sex.
Last week I visited NYC for the first time. I was walking by the library with my head cocked, thinking "There's something about this building..." The same thing happened at the building depicted at the beginning of North by Northwest. Anyway, Ghostbusters is up there with Airplane and Office Space.

5/5

Shards of Fate
Apr 19, 2002

They look like monsters to you?
I just rewatched Part 1 & Part 2 last night. Even though I watched it a zillion times already I still laughed at the jokes. Best ones were

Ray, if anyone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY YES!!!!

and

Listen? Do you smell that?

You are a nerd
Apr 9, 2003

See?
Dr. Raymond Stantz: Everything was fine with our system until the power grid was shut off by dickless here.
Walter Peck: They caused an explosion!
Mayor: Is this true?
Dr. Peter Venkman: Yes it's true.
[pause]
Dr. Peter Venkman: This man has no dick.

I once came across what must have been an early draft of the script for this movie. It was still funny, but lacked some of the charm that the casting choices and rewrites would eventually provide. Particularly the choices of ad-libbing Bill Murray (allegedly responsible for the above), and Rick Moranis who managed to change what was an awkwardly and inconsistently written possessed-by-Zuul Louis Tulley into a memorably weird demon, one of my favorite characters even as a kid.

Janine Melnitz: Do you want some coffee, Mr. Tulley?
Louis: [to Egon] Do I?
Dr. Egon Spengler: Yes, have some.
Louis: [to Janine] Yes, have some.

5/5

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!
It's Bill Murray, 'nuff said.

I also love the cigarette hanging out of Aykroyd's mouth.

Pinion
Jul 11, 2001
"Okay, who brought the dog?"

5.5/5

Benbola
May 24, 2004

by Pipski
Over 20 years old and still funny. That's quite a feat.

5/5

havok
Feb 21, 2004

"Sorry Venkman, I'm terrified beyond the capacity for rational thought."

5.5/5

Debbie Metallica
Jun 7, 2001

One of my favorite comedies. There's really nothing else you need to say about it. I still lose it at the "a bear in her apartment?" part.

5.5/5

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!
Dr. Peter Venkman: Let's show this prehistoric bitch how we do things downtown.

Dr. Egon Spengler: Vinz, you said before you were waiting for a sign. What sign are you waiting for?
Louis Tully: Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor! Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

Dr. Peter Venkman: I'm gonna take back some of the things I said about you Egon.
[pulls out candy bar]
Dr. Peter Venkman: You... You've earned it

Talpacc
Sep 19, 2002

Kakkate kina!
This movie made me cry as a little kid (I was probably 5 or 6) because of when they shoot the marshmallow man and he makes that angry, almost sad, face and falls. I remember just bawling because it looked like they were hurting him really bad.

5/5 for making me cry before making me laugh.

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

Suffer not the lobbyist to live.
I still remember how hilarious this movie was when I was younger (and the terror the ghost in the taxi cab held over my every day life)

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
Definitely my favorite movie of all-time, so I had to pitch in. Nothing tops this movie in comedy to me. And the eerie atmosphere that was unfortunately dropped in part 2 really worked well. The whole sequence when they check out the library is perfect. I always wanted a real proton pack, drat it. (the proton pack isn't a toy)

"You're right, no human being would stack books like this." - my favorite line of all-time, based on the delivery. It cracks me up.

"I'm gonna send you a nice fruit basket.. I'm gonna miss him!"

"They hate that.. THAT'S RIGHT BOYS, IT'S DR. VENKMAN!"

"What's that thing you're doing?"
"It's technical. It's one of our little toys."
--
"Well are you sure you're using that thing right?"
"Well, I.. I think so, but I'm sure there's no animals in there."

"Lady, if there's a steady paycheck involved, I'll believe whatever you want."

And Egon's reaction to turning on Ray's pack in the elevator.. priceless.

5.5/5

JamieMadrox
Feb 8, 2004
DON'T CLOSE SH/SC THREADS
great movie, bill murray perfectly cast as he has been many times...just an overall incredibly funny movie. very enjoyable from start to finish, an original premise, and good times had by all.

4/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DravisAR
May 5, 2006
The FNG
Im with everyone else at 5.5

Bill Murray was the soul...or as they say in the TV industry, the balls, of this movie.

It was great. Venkman shocking the poor dorky college kid, and shamelessly hitting on the hot college chick, pretty much sums up exactly how ive tried to live my life for the past 23 years. Drinking the booze outside the library, and lauging about ray worrying about money...classic. Hes pure "stuck in college indefinitely" 35 year old man, and I love it.

6/5 because venkman is the best role model ever.