Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
I just watched this movie last night (Directors Cut), expecting it to be completely awesome based on reviews from friends and a 94% on rotten tomatoes. Well, the movie was so boring, slow-paced, and the acting so poor that it was not a great experience. This was the general consensus of the people that I watched it with, so I'm totally confused as to why it is so loved. The (supposed to be) "emotional" scenes were actually just stupid and devoid of feeling (as in, evoked no emotional response from me), and the action scenes, especially Priss's death were actually hilarious. I laughed out loud at not only that, but another one of replicant deaths. The "love scene" between Deckard and the replicant appeared to be Deckard raping someone with the emotional age of a 3 year old and was both hilarious and awkward and creepy.

Visually, it IS pretty decent, especially for 1983. Apparently the world is a bunch of pyramids with lights on them and what isn't a pyramid is a broken down clock tower or apartment complex with gargoyles. If it is supposed to be post-apocalyptic I never exactly caught what the apocalypse is and also why almost everyone is Asian. There had to be some sort of apocalypse because someone talked about "having enough money to move to off-world" but almost no background is given to any of the characters, the world, off-world, or much of the story.

If you want to watch another generic post-apocalyptic cyborg-on-the-loose sci-fi movie with a horrible try at being emotional, go ahead. You'd be better off watching a 1980's B-Movie if you want to have a good time though.

1/5

Zand fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Sep 6, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU