Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Slidje
Jul 30, 2002

RAPIST
I`ll rape you till you love me
THEY ALWAYS LOVE ME BEFORE THEY DIE

quote:

Ebjan came out of the closet to say:
Only in America
http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/03/16/rafah.death/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soviet
Jul 17, 2003

stick it in me

quote:

Many police were responding to the situation, including the Jefferson County SWAT team.

i hope they have awps lol

He hasn't crossed the line until he bulldozes a school or a church, though.

Veen
Oct 26, 2003

Just the tip!
It's a loving bulldozer. It doesn't exactly have automated turrets on the outside. Some explosives in the treads would gently caress it up and render it immobile. Just go to a gun store somewhere, or any hobby store, requisition a bag of black powder and some metal piping from Home Depot, and you're set. At that point you have a sniper on a roof aiming at the hatch. When it opens, you pop off a round.

Also, it's a loving homemade armor system. Break out the loving .50BMG sniper rifle and cap him. I'm sure a bit of sheet metal won't stop an armor piercing .50BMG round, but why they haven't fired on him is beyond me.

I'll also be sorely dissapointed if the bulldozer has actual wheels and tires that they just decided to not run up and slash with a machete.

Seriously, why have they not made a couple of pipebombs and blown this guy to gently caress yet, or just shot through the viewport?

brains
May 12, 2004

The real question is, are we honestly going to miss that town?

VVV :laffo:12.5 hours, thats a hell of a rampage.

brains fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jun 4, 2004

ucka
Feb 3, 2004

quote:

Tombstone came out of the closet to say:
So, how long can you run a bulldozer without refuleing?

Depending on the size and make it could have about a 250 gallon tank, and they burn roughly 20 gallons of diesel per hour. So at the most 12.5 hours.

Ebjan
Feb 20, 2004

quote:

Mayor Wilkins came out of the closet to say:

Seriously, you don't take the time to armor plate your bulldozer and plan a destructive rampage without also planning a way to refuel your bulldozer without getting caught by the cops, right? Right? :(

When it´s time to refuel, he could get out and do it if he is wearing that firesuit from Lethal Weapon.

L. Ron Hubbard is the world's most translated author

RaRRRR
Oct 23, 2003

loving Rock!

Morgenstern
Sep 11, 2001
Ich bin allein zur Nacht gegangen
Die späten Vögel nicht mehr sangen
Sah Sonnenkinder im Gewimmel und so
rief ich in den gestirnten Himmel.
In this day and age
In this big ol' world
Where the little guy doesn't
have a chance
There's only one thing I can think of
that would make a difference

If I had a bulldozer
The world would be so very fine
I would never have to move it over
Never have to stand in line.

If I had a bulldozer
There'd be no lack of parking places
I'd just look for that brand new Corvette
The one that's taking up two spaces.

If I had a diesel rig
With a big ol' blade
Treads just like a tank
I would have it made
Courtesy would reign
Arguments would cease!
Cause Everyone Would Know!
I'D SQUASH 'EM LIKE A CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE!

Harper
Aug 12, 2003
There is no actaul video footage in the clip.

Also "Warning - Due to conflicts between Windows Media and the Netscape 6 family of browsers, Netscape 6+ users are unable to play video on this site at this time."

Bah.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Holy crap

netwerk23
Aug 22, 2000
I spelled 'network' wrong.
I just moved out of Colorado 18 months ago! drat my bad timing!!

Hay dood good going
This thread was a good idea
Plastic bear vomit

FYAD is the cool place to hang out. You can find most of the cool people there. In FYAD you can just chill and do whatever and totally relax. "Take it easy" is the FYAD motto, for example, that's how laid back it is there. Show up if you want to have a good time. Another good reason to show up is if you want to hang out with friends.

Mayor Wilkins
Nov 18, 2002

by Lowtax

quote:

ucka came out of the closet to say:
Depending on the size and make it could have about a 250 gallon tank, and they burn roughly 20 gallons of diesel per hour. So at the most 12.5 hours.

I hope he packed some food. I can just see this guy, a sandwich in one hand and his other hand steering the bulldozer while it crashes into an apartment building, merrily chewing away and grinning as the building crumbles around him and the people in the background scream and scream and scream and cry.

quote:

When it´s time to refuel, he could get out and do it if he is wearing that firesuit from Lethal Weapon.

If that happened, that would be one of the most beautiful things ever. If this guy gets caught instead of getting shot by the police, I think he's going to get a LOT of letters in prison.

Edit - they updated the story on the news site.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Veen
Oct 26, 2003

Just the tip!

quote:

That or drop a heavy satchel on the ground, hold up a joystick with a big red button, and begin fueling. The three minutes it'd take would be more than enough for him to fill up, pick his satchel back up, hang the gas nozzle back up, and secure himself in his bulldozer again. You wouldn't even need armor at that point, as if they shot him he may blow the bomb, and who knows how big it is, especially with a huge satchel that makes a big "clunk."

Due to everyone being so paranoid about dirty bombs and whatnot, you wouldn't even need a real detonator or bomb, just a large chunk of metal and a menacing grin. If he's thought of this, he could go for hours.

Kamakazi
May 7, 2002

quote:

Veen came out of the closet to say:
It's a loving bulldozer. It doesn't exactly have automated turrets on the outside. Some explosives in the treads would gently caress it up and render it immobile. Just go to a gun store somewhere, or any hobby store, requisition a bag of black powder and some metal piping from Home Depot, and you're set. At that point you have a sniper on a roof aiming at the hatch. When it opens, you pop off a round.

Also, it's a loving homemade armor system. Break out the loving .50BMG sniper rifle and cap him. I'm sure a bit of sheet metal won't stop an armor piercing .50BMG round, but why they haven't fired on him is beyond me.

I'll also be sorely dissapointed if the bulldozer has actual wheels and tires that they just decided to not run up and slash with a machete.

Seriously, why have they not made a couple of pipebombs and blown this guy to gently caress yet, or just shot through the viewport?
The last thing the Granby police are going to do is start setting off home-made pipe bombs. That would be ridiculous and extremely dangerous. Also, this is a tiny town, maybe the local police don't have .50BMG sniper rifles.

In any case, the national guard is on its way in, so they'll handle it far better than the Granby police.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

quote:

Pawn 17 came out of the closet to say:
Holy cool

Fixed.

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

I hope they have this as a disaster option in the next SimCity game.

Soviet
Jul 17, 2003

stick it in me

quote:

Since when are police issued .50BMG sniper rifles?

dimva
Jul 7, 2003

^^^ The same people who find this funny created the Internet. Figures.
:lol: armor-piercing bullets aren't penetrating

toby
Dec 4, 2002

If you're going to go crazy, go ALL OUT!

quote:

Punch The Monkey came out of the closet to say:
The gently caress? Did Bushman decide to go try out one of his toys in Colorado or something?

Haha, I read the article and thought the same thing. "Oh poo poo, Bushman is out of control this time."

SuperJens
May 1, 2003

No need for text here please thanks you very much come again
"Come off it, Mr Dent,", he said, "you can't win you know. You can't lie in front of the bulldozer indefinitely." He tried to make his eyes blaze fiercely but they just wouldn't do it.

Hayama
Jul 24, 2001

Hail to the king, baby.
OMG steam tank cheese :mad: :mad: gg loser

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
I can't wait to buy the Tonka action-dozer that results from this.

Veen
Oct 26, 2003

Just the tip!

quote:

Kamakazi came out of the closet to say:

The last thing the Granby police are going to do is start setting off home-made pipe bombs. That would be ridiculous and extremely dangerous. Also, this is a tiny town, maybe the local police don't have .50BMG sniper rifles.

In any case, the national guard is on its way in, so they'll handle it far better than the Granby police.

Oh, so they took the sissy route out and called the real experts. Ok, this'll be solved in a couple of rocket launches then. How anticlimatic.

Lopside Fundip
Aug 15, 2001

quote:

ucka came out of the closet to say:
So at the most 12.5 hours.

If I was going to commission a huge hollywood movie about this guy's horrendous path of destruction and the formerly laughable robotic engineer who takes him down in the end, I would want it to have the dramatic scale of Independence Day and I would name it "12.5 Hours"

----------------

Kreez
Oct 18, 2003

I was thinking this would be great if when they finally kill his bulldozer, he gets out and is attired in the same fashion as the nutbar at the start of Lethal Weapon 4.

But I was beaten apparantly.

Veen
Oct 26, 2003

Just the tip!

quote:

LLJKSoviet came out of the closet to say:

Since when are police issued .50BMG sniper rifles?

The SWAT team wouldn't have something like this? Or be able to requisition one from a gun store?

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.
My roommate and I are watching this on TV. I guess he got stuck in a hardware store?

They keep talking about how this is so well-thought out, but the guy just welded some metal to a Caterpiller. YES, THIS IS VERY WELL-THOUGHT OUT INDEED.

edit: Veen - it's a very small town, but apparently the Jefferson county Swat team has been called in.

Soviet
Jul 17, 2003

stick it in me

quote:

Oh, so they took the sissy route out and called the real experts. Ok, this'll be solved in a couple of rocket launches then. How anticlimatic.

Clearly they should engage the bulldozer in hand-to-hand combat :rolleyes:

grom4000
Nov 23, 2002

RIDE THE TOILET
even the SWAT team can't stop him with armor piercing bullets, hahaha!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
hay guys does this remind anyone of blast corps for the n64? (it's funny because in blast corps you had a bulldozer and you bulldozed)

brains
May 12, 2004

quote:

Anticlimatic! This would involve several rpgs vs. a bulldozer.

edit: A BULLDOZER

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
God I'm laughing so loving hard at the mental image of this guy running around in an armor plated bulldozer just leisurely destroying a whole town while police shoot at his super-vehicle. Sounds like something out of a really crazy videogame.

I like the cut of his jib.

dimva
Jul 7, 2003

^^^ The same people who find this funny created the Internet. Figures.

quote:

Fillerbunny came out of the closet to say:
They keep talking about how this is so well-thought out, but the guy just welded some metal to a Caterpiller. YES, THIS IS VERY WELL-THOUGHT OUT INDEED.
It's very well thought out compared to other rampages.

EDIT: The entire county police department is taking on the bulldozer!!

Veen
Oct 26, 2003

Just the tip!

quote:

Creamy Banana came out of the closet to say:

Anticlimatic! This would involve several rpgs vs. a bulldozer.

You DO have a point, good sir. It's been awhile since RPGs have been used to bring down a maniac. I retract my statement about it being anticlimatic.

HUGE[ass]
Mar 30, 2002

by isnoop
I bet that will teach them.

----------------

slayer548
Apr 22, 2003
"I'll tell you what he said! He asked me to forcibly insert the Life Line exercise card into my anus!"-Kitty in Donnie Darko

quote:

V-Men came out of the closet to say:
And they say you can't fight city hall.

Ba-zing!

This makes me think of the musical episode of Rocko's Modern Life. Lord I miss that show.

Soviet
Jul 17, 2003

stick it in me

quote:

goferchan came out of the closet to say:
hay guys does this remind anyone of blast corps for the n64? (it's funny because in blast corps you had a bulldozer and you bulldozed)

hay maybe you should read the thread

TedKoppel
Nov 30, 2002

They sure look ripe to me.

quote:

Fillerbunny came out of the closet to say:
My roommate and I are watching this on TV. I guess he got stuck in a hardware store?
gently caress. :mad:

Kamakazi
May 7, 2002

quote:

Yes. The national guard is going to stop him with rocket launchers. Thats probably exactly what is going to happen.

I'm not too surprised since the sissy police in Granby are apparently too afraid to bust out the home-made pipe bombs and police-issue .50BMG sniper rifles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morgenstern
Sep 11, 2001
Ich bin allein zur Nacht gegangen
Die späten Vögel nicht mehr sangen
Sah Sonnenkinder im Gewimmel und so
rief ich in den gestirnten Himmel.
drat it, when is this gonna make cnn.com?