Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZombiePeanut
May 11, 2007

by Fistgrrl
PRS Santana SE

Price Paid: ~$300

I think these particular ones are discontinued; it's basically the original version of the current PRS SEs. It's got a pickguard and more binding, but the nut doesn't seem to be graphite like the new ones.

Sound: 3/5

Meh. Sounds great unplugged; extremely resonant. The pickups are pretty much garbage though. Hardly matters to me because I bought it as a platform anyway.

Instrument Quality: 4.5/5

Make no mistake, the PRS SE series are still PRSes. Fantastic setup on every one of them I've ever played, and this one is no exception. Extremely low action with no buzzing, the wraparound stoptail intonates properly, the neck feels great and it's very comfortable to play. The neck joint and little swoop cutout make it unusually nice to play high up on the neck. The build quality is exceptional all around. For the bad, the tuners seem mediocre and the truss rod cover only has one screw and has since warped and looks kind of funny now.

Overally Value: 5/5

I don't think I've ever seen a guitar as good as the PRS SE series anywhere near the same price range. Expect to replace the electronics though, as with pretty much any sub-$1500 guitar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU