Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apr 24, 2008

Hope this is a good place to post this.
I'm getting started with a dance/indie band and I need a drum machine. I'm gonna be playing live with it hooked up to a synth or two, maybe playing bass as well. I want to have lots of beats programmed into it that I can cycle through and tweak fairly easily as I play.

Should I buy this Roland MC-303?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Roland-MC-30...A1%7C240%3A1318

If not, have you guys got any suggestions? I really don't know anything about drum machines despite trying to read up a bit, I don't really know what to look for. I'm worried this one is too basic but I think the $1000 plus machines might be a bit of overkill and more suited to studios than live performance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU