Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tall Midget
Oct 7, 2000
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Trem-O-Verb
Price Paid / Price New: $1145/$1600
Year Manufactured: 1994
Specs:
  • 100 Watts, Class A/B Power / 4x6L6, 6x12AX7, 2x5U4
  • Bias Select Switch (6L6/EL-34)
  • 2 Channels, 4 Modes (Clean, Vintage High Gain, Blues & Modern High Gain)
  • Independent Gain, Bass, Mid, Treble, Presence, Reverb and Master Controls per Channel
  • Channel Cloning
  • Rectifier Select Switch (Tube/Silicon Diodes)
  • Bold/Spongy "Variac" Switch
  • Spring Reverb
  • Assignable Tremolo w/Speed & Depth Controls
  • Parallel FX Loop w/Send & Mix Level Controls

Sound:4/5
The Modern Hi-Gain channel provides that in your face metal distortion. The Vintage Hi-Gain channel produces a vintagy overdriven sound with less bite than the modern channel along with less gain; not a Marshall distortion but different. The Blues channel is pretty much unusable. The clean channel is a nice clean, the best you'll find among the rectifier series. Not a Fender clean but not enough midrange for a Marshall clean.

Equipment Quality: 5/5

I turned it on without a load and it didn't break. Nice and clean wiring inside.

Playbility: N/A

Overall Value: 3/5

Its a very versatile amplifier. I don't use any of the extra features. Its good quality, I would've paid 1200 for the halfstack (The price I listed included a Mesa 4x12 Recto cabinet). I have it running JJ integrated quads in the power section and a Mullard 12AT7 in the V1 posistion with Chinese 9th generation 12AX7's in the other preamp posistions. Im also running JAN Philips 5U4GB in the retifier posistions. These tubes and it being one of the earliest Trem-O-Verb make this amp sound very good as opposed to other Trem-O-Verb's.

Tall Midget fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jul 19, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU