Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Cabbages and Kings posted:

OP-1 day 4 review
I am not a musician, let's make that clear. I played saxophone poorly for 9 years in school, and I like to mess around with guitars and things that go beep boop, but it's a lot more "playing with noise" than "making music", per se.

I am in the same boat. Not at all a musician but I like making noise. I bought the Hologram Microcosm. I have just barely scratched the surface with this thing but it feels like a cheat code for drone/ambient stuff. I have plugged guitars, bass, synth into it and it is just so fun to dork around on. As of now I am just randomly twiddling knobs and making loops but hopefully I'll have time to explore the manual soon.

Here is one of the first things I used the Microcosm on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqVoB2em5VQ

My only complaint is that the Microcosm doesn't seem to have a power button so you have to unplug the thing every time you want to turn it off.

The OP-1 has always looked super cool to gently caress around with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU