Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

11BulletCatcher
Feb 27, 2010

This Cold Ass Honkey Ain't No Jive Turkey, Ya Dig?
Title of Instrument: Xaviere XV-910
Price Paid / Price New: Example: ~$300
Year Manufactured: Example: N/A
Specs: Instrument's Specifications - I'm not very good with naming the pieces on a guitar, but what I can tell you is that it's got surprisingly easy neck for a budget hollow-body and the P90's it comes with sound pretty good to my ears. I'm sure there's better out there but it's pretty solid.

Sound: 4/5 Considering the money I paid, it sounds pretty good. The combination of it being a hollowbody with the P90's it comes with means it's got a nice balance of warm mids and lows. However, I feel like it's a bit lacking as far as the higher notes go, but that may be partially due to the fact I may need to trim down that nut a tad.

Instrument Quality: 3/5. Not bad, not great, just exactly what you expect from a guitar at this price. It's not falling apart and everything seems to fit like it's supposed to, not obvious defects other than those induced by sitting on the show floor of the Sam Ash I picked it up from. It feels strong rather than flimsy, so there's that.

Playbility: 4/5. I had never played a hollow body when I picked this up. I compared this to similarly priced Fenders, and this was (relatively) quick playing compared to those. You won't be Eddie Van Halen on this thing, to be sure, but it's easy to play and low stress on the fingers, which is great, especially considering the price.

Overall Value: 4/5. I think it's a pretty solid guitar, and I'd buy it again if I had a choice. It sounds good for the money, it's somewhat tough, looks easy to modify if I so choose, and it looks good. It's surprisingly versatile; it'll slip from blues into metal before you even know what hit you.

Title of Equipment Example: Ampeg G-12 Electric Guitar Amp

Price Paid / Price New: Example: FREE
Year Manufactured: Example: 1967-1970, I think.
Specs Equipment's Specifications. Old school vacuum tubes, not well grounded (ask how I know) big, BIG sound. Hardwired reverb/tremolo pedal, external power outlet. This one was modified by someone back in the 70's, as it was given a tweeter and a "headphone" jack that doesn't seem to work any longer.

Sound (or applicable): 5/5. Considering the advanced age of this amp and the fact that it's running off of tubes that are god knows how old, it sounds beautiful as it shakes my windows and pisses off the neighbors. Being as old as it is, the only onboard effects are a reverb and a tremolo which, at the moment, don't work, though I've seen a video of this amp online and it seems that it is likewise of high quality. It has two channels, and a "normal" and a "bright" setting for each one. You can tell the difference between each of these quite easily, and the bright setting is just perfect. There are no mid-rand control knobs for this amp, but I don't think you'll ever miss them. It also sounds like a MONSTER with distortion; I am using a RAT distortion pedal and it sounds full bodied and warm on this amp. When I crank it up the bass response is excellent for some quick palm muted riffs. Great all around.

Equipment Quality: Example 3/5. Mine is a bit beat up and was road-modified by some traveling guitarist in the distant past; it has a hole drilled in the side for an external speaker jack that kinda-sorta works and a tweeter that someone screwed into the front of the amp long ago. This amp has a bad tube, and on at least two occasions completely electrified everything attached to it, including my guitar. But, old age aside, I think that if you can get one in good shape that it should be a well put together and solid amp.

Usefulness
Overall Value: 5/5. Well... I mean, it was free... My neighbor just up and handed it to me, saying that she didn't have room for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU