Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MissMachine
Feb 13, 2011
Gibson Explorer
Price Paid / Price New: $1250/1399
Year Manufactured: Example: 2009

496R Hot Ceramic and 500T Super Ceramic humbuckers
22 fret rosewood fretboard, mahogany body
it's WHITE.

Sound: 5/5 This guitar sounds great no matter what I plug it into. I can play anything from open mics to live gigs with a full band. It's fantastic, I haven't picked up any of my other 14 guitars since I bought it three years ago.

Instrument Quality: 3/5 The toggle switch loosened up really quickly after I bought it. I'm constantly having to tighten it, and it pops a little bit when I flip it. It doesn't really bother me anymore, either it's not noticable or I'm just used to it by now, or I drink too much when I play. Also, I've managed to wear a huge gray spot on the front/top of the guitar. (It's white) My sweaty arm is wearing through the paint, so I threw a sticker on there. Expect to wear through the paint, or don't hardly play it ever.

Playbility: 5/5. I didn't know how good I was at guitar until I played this pretty lady. It's got excellent sustain when I'm using a reverb pedal, and it epics the hell out of anything you're trying to play. I play everything from blues to thrash, and I've never had a guitar I like playing more. It's versatile, but it's also kind of obnoxious, so we get along great.

Overall Value: 4/5. Coming from a person whose other guitars cost mostly between $200-$800 new, this guitar is SWEET. I don't know how a guitar elitist might feel.

I'm an owner of many guitars, most of them lovely. I have 4 Ibanez G-10s, 2 Squier Strats, a FENDER strat (which I love but not as much as the Gibson) an Epiphone Les Paul Special II (yuck), a Hohner of some kind, a 1964 Gibson SG Special (I never touch it, it's mint with an awesome fuzzy orange case) , a Hohner acoustic, an Ibanez electric-acoustic, a Fender electric-acoustic, and a buch of bass guitars, which I won't get into. Most of these I've collected since I started playing guitar at 8, so they're not in the greatest shape, and I've taken some of the Ibanezes apart and traded necks and all kinds of good stuff. Being the first moderately expensive guitar I've ever picked out for myself (it only took me 18 years), this Gibson meant a lot to me when I first got it. I'd highly recommend it to anyone who's been playing a long time and wants a good upgrade that will last.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU