Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

romans
Feb 24, 2011
Peavey 5150 II

Price 575(used)
Year '03
Specs

* 120 watts (rms) into 16, 8, or 4 ohms (switchable)
* Six 12AX7 preamp tubes and four 6L6GC power amp tubes
* 2-channel preamp switchable on front panel or remote footswitch
* Rhythm channel: pre-/post-gain, bright and crunch switches
* Lead channel: pre-/post-gain
* Presence and resonance controls
* Switchable post-EQ effects loop
* Adjustable bias and bias test points
* Preamp output

Sound 4/5

For the metal head to the jazz gentleman. In any scenario I have always felt this amp can create the right tone and mood. My only complaint is that it is sometimes hard to fine tune but that is because I don't change my tubes when I am suppose to ;)

Quality 4/5

Over the years I have had a couple issues. If I turn my presence past 8 on the Lead Channel I get an uncomfortable high pitch with some muffle noises, it is unnoticeable until one realizes it. The input jack need to be re-soldered. Nothing major though.

This is a tough amp. It has seen many many many gigs with the previous owner and me. Never changed a tube until recordings and it sounded great. It never had a flight case either.

Usefulness 5/5

This is a great amp for some one who wants to explore sounds with out spending an arm and a leg. I see these used a lot.

Value 5/5

This baby has been worth every penny. I know I could sell it for the same price but I don't think we will ever part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU