Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colorfinger
Feb 5, 2001

KORG Trinity Pro X
Price Paid / Price New: About £2800
Year Manufactured: 1998
Specs: Full size weighted keyboard with touch screen.

Sound: 3.5/5
The Trinity excels at pad, string, and choir sounds, but really lacks (in my opinion) in punchy/meaty drum sounds and orchestral brass. On the flip side, this is an instrument which tries to have a bit of absolutely everything, so on that score it's really pretty good. Traditional "keyboard" sounds (like piano, electric piano and rhodes) are okay, but nothing amazing.

Instrument Quality: 5/5
Cannot fault it on this. I've carried this thing back and forth across the Atlantic 3 times as well as taking it out gigging and it's still in good shape. Plus it has a switching power supply for both 110v (US) and 240v (UK), can't beat that!

Playbility: 4/5
The keyboard plays very well, the touchscreen interface works pretty well, the only problem with the thing is that the response time of the touchscreen is so drat slow! This is something they addressed slightly with a firmware patch, then addressed (as far as I know) more completely with the Triton.

Overall Value: 5/5
Despite any failings I think the keyboard has, it's still a great keyboard and I wouldn't trade it for anything. In terms of a complete solution it's lacking, but for a general purpose keyboard which you can involve in literally any piece of work, it's almost unbeatable.

BOSS GT-6 Guitar Pedal
Price Paid / Price New: About £325
Year Manufactured: 2003 (I think?)
Specs Multi FX guitar DSP pedal incorporating almost all of BOSS's single effect pedals in one unit

Sound (or applicable): 5/5
The sound from this thing is amazing. It's not only crystal clear for studio work, it also packs a punch for live work and delivers a good tone which is optimizable depending on the type of speaker set you're using (ie 2x12, headphones, PA).

Equipment Quality: 5/5
It's a trooper. I've only taken this one across the Atlantic once, but it came through without any problems. On a side note, my old GT-5 which I replaced with this was considerably less durable and sustained a fracture in the circuit board while travelling. By the time of the manufacture of the GT-6 they must have been aware of this problem since the jack sockets now have additional protection.

Usefullness: 5/5
This is the only pedal I use for all my guitar work.

Overall Value: 5/5
As I mentioned above, this is the only pedal I ever use anymore. The quality of the sound it produces versus the cost of the unit is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU