Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimix
Jun 20, 2001

Title of Equipment: Vox Valvetronix AD120VTH Head
Price Paid / Price New: $549/$599[/i]
Year Manufactured: Example: 2004
Specs: 120w stereo modeling guitar amp that has some kind of tube in it.

Sound (or applicable): 4.5/5
Really excellent sound out of a modeling amp. It does have a tube in it, some weird kind of 12AX7 that acts like two tubes. It has something called the "valve reactor" which is basically an adjustable wattage setting on the head. Basically you can change it from 60w/channel to 1w/channel and in between for practicing in your bedroom. I never thought I would be able to get an amp that that had a really driven fender twin tone on it at an acceptable volume level, but here we are.

Equipment Quality: 4.5/5
Everything looks and feels great. I haven't had it for a long time so we'll see about this, but I dig it.

Usefullness: 4/5
It has some stuff on it that I may find myself not using, like some integrated effects on such. It is a stereo head, so cool stuff like the rotary function sounds awesome if you have a stereo cab or two cabs. Like most modeling amps there are obviously going to be some settings that I don't use. There are some pedals for controlling the other stuff, but I may just use my own pedals.

Overall Value: 5/5
At only $550 bucks you can't go wrong. There is even a non-stereo version for less money. There is a lot about this amp to be appreciated but you need to play it. I know everybody says it about their latest peice of digital modeling whatever, but this Vox really sounds great. It is really laid out simply, and unlike most digital modeling amps, you can stick your own effects in there and use it like you would on a normal amp. All that I ask is that you give it a try next time you are in a store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU