Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rogue
May 11, 2002

Title of Instrument: PRS SE Custom 22 w/ tremolo bridge
Price Paid / Price New: $550/$600
Year Manufactured: Probably 2009.
Specs:
code:
Body
Back Wood 	Mahogany
Top Wood 	Maple Top with Flame Maple Veneer

Neck

Number of Frets 22
Scale Length 	25"
Neck Wood 	Mahogany
Fretboard Wood 	Rosewood
Neck Shape 	Wide Fat
Inlays 	        Moons

Hardware
Bridge 	           PRS Designed Tremolo or PRS Designed Stoptail
Tuners  	   PRS Designed Tuners
Hardware Type 	   Nickel
Treble Pickup      PRS Designed Treble Humbucker with Zebra Bobbins
Bass Pickup 	   PRS Designed Bass Humbucker with Zebra Bobbins
Pickup Switching   Volume and Tone Control with 3-Way Toggle Pickup Selector
Sound: 5/5. I was originally interested in PRS guitars for my first serious electric because I loved the tones that guitarists from bands like Opeth and Porcupine Tree could achieve - especially, for example, in some of the solos on recent albums from Opeth.

Instrument Quality: 4.5/5. Several reviews have noted that the SE models are an excellent deal because they are quite similar to the much-more-expensive regular Custom models. They have a flat top and no locking tuners to knock down the cost, but otherwise the quality and construction are excellent. I may eventually upgrade to locking tuners because the 2nd and 3rd strings seem to lose about 10 cents or so of pitch after 15 minutes of playing and bending strings, but it's certainly not unbearable.

Playbility: 5/5. The action is low and the neck feels silky smooth. One of the major things that confirmed in my mind that I would choose this guitar was how amazing it felt to play when I first sat down with it. I haven't had a lot of experience with other electric guitars, so I'm not sure how it really compares, but it plays so beautifully. I have never had a guitar with a trem bridge on it, so I don't have much of a frame of reference - look at other reviews on the web. It did feel very smooth and natural to me.

Overall Value: 5/5. I love this guitar and it is truly inspiring me to take my playing to another level - something I didn't achieve with my nice acoustic guitar or an older, crappy electric that I have. The playability, aesthetic and sound of the guitar are top notch. I would recommend giving the SE models a serious look for anyone looking to purchase their first mid-range (price + quality) electric.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU