Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zakalwe
May 12, 2002

Wanted For:
  • Terrorism
  • Kidnapping
  • Poor Taste
  • Unlawful Carnal Gopher Knowledge
Title of Equipment Behringer EQ700 Graphic Equaliser pedal

Price Paid / Price New: €21

Year Manufactured: Example: 2006

Specs Equipment's Specifications. A 7 band graphic equaliser pedal that provides 15db of cut or boost per band. Also has a level slider.

Sound 5/5 For such a cheap throwaway pedal it's quite remarkable. It adds no hiss and doesn't suck tone. It does exactly what I wanted which was to give more bottom end to my signal and cut the very high frequencies that were fizzing from my distortion.

Equipment Quality: For the money the quality is excellent, but as it looks like a Boss I'll compare it to such.

The most notable difference is that the entire case is thick hard plastic rather than metal. You can't expect metal at these prices
The sliding pots move too easily for my tastes. I would have preferred a bit of smooth resistance and a notch to indicate a control was centered.
The battery compartment is accessed by removing the pedal part itself. You need a pen to do this and it's a bit fiddly.
The power adaptor socket is not located at the top of the unit but rather on the right side which means my Boss daisy chain doesn't stretch to it properly.

Usefullness: 4/5. It's a pedal. Plug it in, set the controls and stomp as necessary. I very much doubt I'd rely on it like I would a Boss pedal, so for stage use it's probably not that useful

Overall Value: 5/5. For €21 you can't go wrong. Sure, it's not constructed like a Boss, but for the price it's definitely worth it. Sonically it outweighs my expectations.

In summary, it's cheap but excellent value and as for me it's a set, forget and never turn off device it fits into my pedal chain perfectly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU