Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kynetx
Jan 8, 2003

Full of ignorant tribalism. Kinda sad.
Behringer BX-300T
Price Paid / Price New: $229 sale, $299 reg
Year Manufactured: 2004
Specs Equipment's Specifications: 300 Watts into a 4-ohm load, shape, brightness, deep and ultrabass settings. DI, line-out and effects loops on the front.2 1/4 inch jacks and one Speakon connector in the back. 3-band EQ with adjustable crossover points. Footpedal with Shape and Ultrabass toggles.

Sound: 5/5. I'm implying that as an amp, it doesn't get in the way. The Ultrabass feature is fairly worthless unless you use a 15" sub or similar. Even then it's a little muddy. Bright and deep are both settings that can be achieved thru eq settings, but provide a shortcut if you're not much of a tweaker.
I paired it with a GK Backline 4x10 cab and the combo is cheap and quite powerful.

Equipment Quality: 5/5. Until I see an example of poor workmanship or parts, I'll call it excellent. Knobs are solid and give a positive feel. It comes in a carpeted case with a nice handle on the side. Power switch is in the back

Usefullness: Example 4/5. It does what it's supposed to. Ultrabass is worthless and bright can be dialed in on the guitar itself. Special points to a VU meter in the front

Overall Value: Example 5/5. Definitely a huge bang for the buck deal. I don't understand all the hate for Behringer. Frankly I'm tired of ridiculous prices for gear and it's nice to see someone put out a solid product that will cause the big boys to compete for people that would have had to buy crappy, abused used gear at a pawn shop, or worse.

ONE YEAR LATER:
Everything still works great. No problems whatsoever. Now that I've had it for a while I finally have it dialed in just right. Sounds better than ever.

Kynetx fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Dec 6, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kynetx
Jan 8, 2003

Full of ignorant tribalism. Kinda sad.
DR-1500 VHF Guitar Wireless System
Price paid/new:
$79.99/99.99
Year manufactured:2004
Specifications:

* Overall System
* Operating frequencies VHF band: 169.505, 170.245, 171.905 MHz
* Frequency stability: ±0.005%
* Modulation mode: FM
* Maximum Deviation ±15 kHz
* Operating range: 200' minimum
* Operating temperature range: 40 degrees F (4 degrees C) to 110 degrees F (43 degrees C)
* Frequency response: 80 Hz to 13 kHz

Receiver
* Receiving system: non-diversity, single-channel dual antenna system
* Image rejection: 50dB minimum
* Signal-to-noise ratio: 80dB at 10kHz deviation, maximum modulation 15 kHz
* Total harmonic distortion: <=1% (10kHz deviation at 1kHz)
* Sensitivity: 20dBuV for 60dB S/N (IEC-weighted)
* Audio output: 350mV (at 1kHz, ±10kHz deviation, 100k-ohm load)
* Output connector: 1/4" phone jack
* Power supply: 120VAC 60 Hz, 6 VA; or 12V DC, 200mA, center positive, with external DC supply
* Accessories included: AD1202A 120V docking AC adapter; 120V AC IEC cord set
* Dimensions: 8-1/4"W x 1-3/4"H x 4-3/4"D
* Net weight: 19 oz; without AC adapter, 12 oz

UniPak Transmitter
* RF power output: 10mW (high) and 2mW (low) typical
* Spurious emissions: under federal regulations
* Dynamic range: >=90dB, A-weighted
* Input connections: Hi-Z, Low-Z, bias
* Battery (not included): 9V (NEDA type 1604) alkaline
* Current consumption: 30mA typical
* Battery life: approximately 15 hours (high) and 20 hours (low)
* Dimensions: 2-5/8"W x 4-3/8"H x 1"
* Net weight (without battery): 2-3/4 oz

I picked it up on a whim because cords were driving me insane(er). I stopped in to my friendly neighborhood Guitar Center and said I wanted a cheap wireless, one that would be ok 10 feet away. I never go far from my bass rig, so range is practically a non-issue.
I took it to the studio and put it together. It worked on the first try. It just... worked. The guys at the store were all like :rolleyes: wireless.... but it's a friggin bass. These dudes are all worried about clarity and fidelity, but then they go and shred the everloving gently caress out of it anyway. Whatever.

Sound: 5/5. I can't hear a difference between this and a cord.
Quality: 4/5 a little cheap and plasticky. Strange connector between the instrument cord and the transmitter.
Playability: N/A
Overall Value: 4.5/5 It's cheap, it works, I needed one. Not much more to say here. Like I said before, it's a little flimsy but what do you expect for less than a c-note? Kinda reminds me of people that give me poo poo over my Kia 'cause it's a little cheap and plasticky. Hey, dipshits.. it's a $9,000 car. It's unwise to compare it to a Mercedes.

1-YEAR UPDATE:
Holy poo poo, I've had this thing for over a year. At last weekend's practice I stepped on the cord coming out of the xmitter while standing up with it on my back pocket and no workee. I went to Guitar Center and miracle or miracles, they had a replacement. 16 bucks after tax. I'll likely rebuild the cable with something stronger. This is related to my only complaint, the lack of a tip-ring 1/4" style jack on the xmitter. The goofy 4-pin can't accidentally be pulled out, but you can't find it anywhere either.
It's been through a few gigs and countless practices without a whit of trouble. Battery life is less than stellar, maybe 20 hours at most. I'm only complaining because 9-volts are kinda spendy.
I still like it and my review still stands unchanged really.

Kynetx fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Dec 6, 2005