Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atlai
Jun 12, 2003

I FINALLY DECIDED THAT I WAS LIKE SOOOO SICK OF HAVING A NEWBIE TITLE FOR 2 YEARS SO I LIKE BROKE DOWN SINCE I'M MAKING THE BIG BUX IN IRAQ AND DECIDED TO
Ibanez Acoustic-Electric AEF18ENT

Price Paid/NEW - $450/600

Year - 2003 early 04?

Specs:
PEARL DOT Inlay
GLOSS Finish
SPRUCE Top
MAHOGANY Back/Sides
DIE-CAST (CH) Tuners
B-BAND / IBANEZ SQR PICKUP SRT PREAMP W/ ONBOARD TUNER

Sound: 4/5 - The sound on this guitar is great. It's got a very deep tone for a cutaway, very tight bass and warm highs. Sometimes I can hear a rattle, but that's probably more attributed to my horrible technique, because I hear it on almost every acoustic I play. It sounds just as good plugged.

Playability: 5/5 - Neck = heaven. It's like playing a stratocaster, thin and fast. The action is very low for an acoustic, and the only time I ever have to tune it is changing strings. Besides, the look of the spruce top MAKES me want to play it. I wish I had brought it to Iraq and not that lovely FirstAct that I bought just for here.

Overall Value: 5/5 - For the price, it sounds awesome. I've even dropped it once or twice. It's been on deployments with me to Georgia, Mississippi, and Texas so it's a very well built guitar. I was never a big fan of Ibanez until I got this at Guitar Center at the beginning '04, but I'd definately buy another ibanez instrument after having this one, maybe even an electric.

COMING SOON:
Digitech DF-7 Distortion Factory
Digitech RP-50
Dunlop Original Cry Baby Wah
Fender Jaguar HH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU