Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
Fender Jaguar CIJ
Price: $560 us
Year: 1991

Sound: 4/5

There are two different settings available for the guitar, which lead to, (A) When switched up, the rhythm curcuit, with two seperate roller knobs for volume and tone respectively and, (B) When switched down, the lead curcuit, which has two knobs for volume and tone respectively AND 3 switches to control up to 7 different tone configurations from mids to treble. The rhythm curcuit controls basically the low end of the sound.

As for the sound itself, It's very twangy - like the surfer's era (and it's supposed to be). I like this sound, but the Japanese pickups didn't do it for me, so I've ordered a SD Antiquity II for the neck.

Instrument Quality: 4/5

Everything is tip top except for the pickguard. The bevelled edges seem to stray from the chrome hardware in strange places. The strings will pop out of the saddles if plucked too hard, especially low E. (This can be easily fixed by straight swapping out with a Fender Mustang bridge - of which genuine ones are hard to come by...)

Playbility: 4.5/5

The short scale neck makes it harder to play and sustain the notes above the 12th fret, but it is achievable.

Overall Value: 5/5

Not everyone's cup of tea, but I love this thing. :q:

XYZAB fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Sep 18, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU