Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gettin sombrero
Jul 4, 2003

FRIDAY NITE BOOYA
Title of Equipment: ESP LTD EC-300
Price Paid / Price New: $450/???
Year Manufactured: 2002
Specs:
Set neck(24.75")
Mahogany body
Mahogany neck/Rosewood fretboard
Flag inlays
Tune-o-matic bridge with stop tailpiece
24 xj frets
EMG Hz H-1 set(passive)
2 volume, 1 tone, 3-way toggle

Sound: 4/5
Some hum when I got the guitar, lowered the bridge pickup a little bit and it went away. Sounds good for metal and fine clean, but sounds a bit too gainy when I play stuff like Led Zeppelin.

Quality: 4/5
No real problems with the guitar outisde of the humming. Feels solid.

Playability: 5/5
Oh man, if there is one thing I love about this guitar its how great it feels to play. It feels better than almost every other guitar I've ever played(the exception being a Godin SD). I just love everything about the neck. Its not too wide or thick and its extremely easy slide your hand down. The action I lowered a tiny bit and after that it plays like a dream.

Overall: 4/5
The hum was slightly annoying and its a bit on the gainy side. All that aside it was a fine purchase and I don't regret it one bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU