Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
Title of equipment: Schecter C-7 guitar (seven-string)
Price paid: $550 (MSRP $850)
Year manufactured: 2004

Specs: (shamelessly copied/pasted from website)
CONSTRUCTION: Set Neck w/ Ultra Access
BODY: Mahogany
NECK: Maple
FINGERBOARD: Rosewood
FRETS: 24 Jumbo
SCALE: 26 1/2"
INLAYS: Black Pearl Dots
BRIDGE: TonePros w/ Thru Body
BINDING: Multi-Ply Creme
TUNERS: Grover
HARDWARE: Black Chrome
PICKUPS: Seymour Duncan JB (SH-4) and '59 (SH-1N)
ELECTRONICS: Vol / Tone / Pickup Selector
FINISHES: Gloss Black (BLK)
CASE: SGR-1C

Sound: 5/5
The Seymour Duncan pickups are actual Seymour Duncan, and not "Duncan Designed," which is fairly uncommon for a cheaper instrument. They sound phenomenal, and are suitable for playing metal (what I mostly use it for) and jazz/blues at the same time. The overall sound is very crisp, providing a good crunch when needed without sounding overly gainy like the passive EMG-HZ pickups on my old guitar.

Instrument quality: 5/5
The guitar is comfortably light as opposed to similar guitars I've tried and the build is exceptionally solid outside and in. The knobs, pickup switch and tuners are solid and don't feel cheap like many low or mid-end instruments, and the wiring isn't hastily assembled like many Korean-made guitars. The finish is stellar quality, and the instrument looks very badass, and wouldn't look out of place regardless of what style of music you happen to play on it.

Playability: 5/5
The action on this guitar is very low and natural, but the strings do not buzz in spite of this. Despite being a seven-string, reaching the seventh string is easier to reach and play than the sixth string on most other guitars I've played.

Overall value: 5/5
I've been shopping around for close to a year for something (6-string or 7-string) to replace my ESP F-200. I've looked at all sorts of brands large and small, from ESP, Ibanez, Jackson, Carvin, Dean, PRS, Gibson and a number of other manufacturers. For the price, I have little doubt that this is the absolute best guitar my money could have bought. I couldn't be happier with it, and would've happily paid the full MSRP for it if I didn't get it so cheaply.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU