Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FEED MY FAT GUT
Aug 14, 2003

by Fistgrrl
Marshall TSL601
Price Paid / Price New: $935/$1199
Year Manufactured: 2000
Specs:
  • All-tube
  • 60 watts into 16 or 8 ohms (switchable)
  • 1-12" Celestion custom-voiced speaker
  • Footswitchable spring reverb and FX loop
  • Three channels: clean, crunch, and lead
  • Independent gain control for each channel, volume controls on crunch and lead channels, and master volume control
  • Footswitch included
  • Cabinet-emulated XLR out
  • 29.5 kg
  • 570 mm W x 480 mm H x 266 mm D

Sound: 5/5
Loud as hell. This amp has quite enough power to power an additional extension cab, as long as it's 16 ohms. There's more than enough gain in this amp to get a sound as brutal as you want. The clean channel is nice, thick, and punchy. The distorted channels create pleasant, musical feedback very easily if you want them to. I've read complaints about the FX loop being too quiet, but it seemed fine to me. My only complaints are that the lead channel is a bit noisy and there is a tiny gap in the sound when switching from clean to distorted or vice versa, but this is relatively easy to compensate for by hitting the switch a bit early.

Equipment Quality: 5/5
No complaints at all. The thing is built like a drat tank.

Usefullness: 5/5
This is now my main amp (I moved up from the Marshall AVT150 head I was using). Versatile enough to do all the styles of music that I like.

Overall Value: Example 5/5
Definitely worth owning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU