Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duckjob
Aug 22, 2003
Pack 'n Save has everyday low prices

Marshall JCM2000 TSL100 Head
Price Paid / Price New: $1499/$1499
Year Manufactured: 2005
Specs:
  • All-tube: 4 x ECC83 (12AX7) 4 x EL34 Svetlana Tubes.
  • 100 watts into 16, 8 or 4 ohms (switchable)
  • 5-Way Footswitchable spring reverb and FX loop
  • Three channels: clean, crunch, and lead
  • Independent gain control for each channel, volume controls on crunch and lead channels, and master volume control
  • Mid Boost Switch for tonal options on the Clean channel plus Tone Shift on the Crunch and Lead channels
  • Virtual Power Reduction [VPR] gives the extra saturation of a lower powered valve amp being driven hard
  • Cabinet-emulated XLR out
  • 22.5 kg
  • 748x297x214 (mm)

Sound: 5/5
This is the amp to get if you want that distinct Marshall sound. The sound that this amp emanates is just pure tone nirvana. The clean channel is very clear even in high volumes and will break up nicely when you increase the gain. The crunch channel is perfect for rhythm; the distortion is not too muddy and convoluted sounding like mesa rectifiers. It is very well defined and you can hear every note cut through. The lead channel is ridiculous when you max out the gain setting; perfect for solos and songs that require mind blowing distortion. This head emphasizes on mids and treble, which is perfect for my tastes, but has enough bottom end for brain rattling palm muting.

Equipment Quality: 5/5
This amp is very solid. I just recently purchased it and the drat thing held up well against lovely weather from the two gigs I played recently.

Usefullness: 5/5
This amp is leaps and bounds beyond my JCM900 50w head. It has a sea of knobs and buttons for you to tweak and fine tune your sound. It is perfect for all styles of music.

Overall Value: 5/5
I bought this brand new and its worth every dime of it. I was torn between the Bogner Shiva, Mesa Triple Rectifier and this amp, but after few hours of meddeling around the shop, this one came out as the best sounding one.

Duckjob fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Apr 4, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU