Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THNDRTHF
Apr 14, 2004

so much for
bein' optimistic
Behringer Truth Active 2-Way Reference Studio Monitors

Price Paid / Price New: $400 + S/H (About a year ago) / >$300 now

Year Manufactured:2003

Specs:
-8 3 /4 " polycarbonate woofer

-extremely high resolution 25mm tweeter

-Adjustable low-frequency roll-off, high-frequency adaptation and a four-way room compensation

-Selectable power mode, high- and low-frequency mute functions

-balanced XLR and 1 /4 " connectors

-full electromagnetic shielding

-auto-off after 5 min of inactivity

Sound: 4.5/5
Really, really clean sound. Super clear highs, amazing lows; just all around great. The only complaint is a slight coloration towards the low end, but once I used them for a couple of months I figured out how to compensate my levels.

Equipment Quality: 4/5
The auto-off function is really handy, and the cabs are really nice looking. After about a year the left woofer has developed a tiny buzz that occurs during moments of alot of bass. (Probably due to fuckers leaving them bumping really loud while they write verses...) Other than that they have served me WELL. I've mixed/mastered several albums on them already with pretty good results.

Overall Value: 5/5.
Goddamn inflation. They are WAY cheaper now than when I bought them, but I still think they were worth it.

For anyone that is considering some monitors, I wouldn't hesitate to suggest these.

THNDRTHF

THNDRTHF fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Oct 25, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU