Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Matrix
Apr 27, 2004

GREAT AMERICAN DIPLOMAT
Yamaha CLP-110 Clavinova Digital Piano

In short, this is the best digital piano or keyboard I've ever played. The sound quality is excellent and the key action is amazing.

List Price: $1495.00

Specifications:
88-Key Graded-Hammer Action Keyboard
Woodgrain cabinet with rosewood finish
AWM with Stereo Sampling
10 Voices
30 Sampling Banks
32-note Polyphony
Dual Voice
20W x 2 Amplifier
Metronome
Damper Pedal
Midi In/Out/Through
Dual Headphone Jack
50 Demo Songs w/ Sheet Music
Sliding Key Cover

Sound: 10/10
It's not a real piano, but if you heard one and didn't see it, you'd think it was. The sound is crisp and clear, and the built-in speakers are impressive.

Instrument Quality: 9/10
We're not talking about a grand piano here, but the keyboard is VERY well crafted and this product will last a long time if treated properly (i.e. don't let kids start screwing around with it -- that's how stuff gets ruined).

Playability: 10/10
Simply amazing. It feels like a piano, it sounds like a piano, but brother, it ain't a piano. The graded hammer action of the keys is nothing short of amazing. The bass keys are heavier, whereas the higher keys are a lot lighter.

Overall: 9.5/10
The only reason it doesn't get a 10/10 is because there are better, more expensive products on the market. However, if you want to get some serious sound and playability out of something, this is what you want.

If you're looking for something that has 100s of voices, then get a keyboard, by all means. This product is mainly for people who use only a few voices (piano, elec. piano, pipe organ, jazz organ, strings, harpsichord, etc).

Another bonus is that you can get the Yamaha YDP-113, which is an identical product, but it doesn't bear the Clavinova name, nor does it come with the same warranty (2 year instead of 5 year, I believe). The YDP-113 retails for $995.00 and you can find it at more stores.

My mother was able to get a Clavinova CLP-110 for $1200 and every time I go over my parents' house I sit on it and play for hours. It's gotten to the point where I can't stand to play my Roland Keyboard that much anymore because it sucks compared to the digital piano (and we bought the Roland for almost $1000 when it was new -- about 10 years ago).

I definitely recommend buying this product.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU