Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarcus
Jun 22, 2004

I'd buy that for a dollar!
Mesa/Boogie Triple Rectifier

Price Paid / Price New: $1499/$1499
Year Manufactured: 2001
Specs: (Taken from Mesa/Boogie's Website)
http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Rectifier_Series/Triple_Rectifier/triple_rectifier.html

• 150 Watts, Class A/B Power / 6x6L6, 5x12AX7, 3x5U4
  • Bias Select Switch (6L6/EL34)
  • 3 Fully Independent Channels with 8 modes (Channel 1=Clean or Pushed, Channel 2= Raw, Vintage High Gain or Modern High Gain, Channel 3=Raw, Vintage High Gain or Modern High Gain
  • Independent Gain, Bass, Mid, Treble, Presence and Master Controls per Channel
  • Output Level Control (over all channels, when activated)
  • Solo Level Control (over all channels, when activated)
  • Rectifier Select Switch (Tube/Silicon Diodes)
  • Bold/Spongy “Variac” Switch
  • Assignable Parallel FX Loop w/Send & Mix Level Controls
  • Slave Out with Level Control
  • External Switching Jacks for Channels 1, 2, 3, Solo & FX Loop
  • 5 Button Footswitch (Channel 1, Channel 2, Channel 3, Solo & FX loop)
  • Slip Cover

Sound: 5/5
Chances are, if you've heard a guitar on the radio, you've probably heard the Mesa/Boogie sound. This amp is one mean SOB. If you like gain, this is definitely your piece of equipment. Even the clean channel has that mean sound to it. Very crunchy, bass is thick, and it's got plenty of midrange to go around.

Equipment Quality: 5/5
For a tube amp, this thing is built like a tank. Bonus points for the diamond plating on the front. My cabinet tipped over during a gig one time and it fell to the ground. I picked it up, dusted it off, and looked in the back to see the damage. Not even a tube was broken. I made sure they were all seated firmly and it's still playing great 3 years later.

Usefulness: 4/5
Between the 3 channels I can pretty much get any sound I want; from crystal-bell clean to telephone mids to pure chunk. It's so loud that most club gigs don't even need to mic it, and that's with it turned up to about 30%. Any more than that and it's just too much!

Overall Value: 4/5
I think if you're playing hard rock, this will be a great amp for you. Combine it with your effects and a really good guitar (I use a Gibson Les Paul Custom '57 Reissue) and you have many years of rocking out ahead of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU