Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Mailman
Jul 2, 2004

Back way the hell off, Dairy Boy. I'll gut you from crotch to sternum like a rainbow trout
Title of Instrument: ROLAND RE-201 SPACE ECHO
Price Paid / Price New: $475/?
Year Manufactured: 1973
Specs: The Roland Space Echo has ten knobs. Three knobs control the volume
of their corresponding 1/4" input (1 guitar, 2 vocals). Two knobs serve
as a simple bass and treble EQ for the echo's tone. One knob is a volume
for the reverb feature. The biggest knob lets you select the type of delay
(delay-type is related to which of the tape-heads are turned on for recording)
. The final three knobs are tape speed, feedback, and echo volume. There is
also a three-position switch that lets you select a high, medium, or
low output and a bypass switch (which you won't need if you use the footswitch)

Sound: 10/5 This thing is AMAAAAAZING!!!! Even when bypassed it adds a beautifully warm element to your sound. I could not ask for a more perfect
tape delay. All the settings are wonderful, from the quirky to astral travel, You can find almost any sound (except sterile).

Instrument Quality: 4/5 I bought mine used, so there was some minor wear in the tolex. However, the protective plastic was still on the knobs. The quality of the insides are great. I will expect change the tape occasionally and clean the heads on a regular basis. Overall, very sturdy.

Playbility: 10/5 The most musical effect I have ever used! Not a bad sound in the box.

Overall Value: I would have paid more for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU