Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neo_mega
Jul 16, 2004

I hate kittens. Especially sick ones.

Bushman Jenny Soprano Ukulele
Price Paid / Price New: $169
Year Manufactured: 2005

Specs:
* All solid wood construction
* hand selected Brazilian mahogany top, back & sides
* maple neck
* rosewood fretboard with abalone dots,
* top & back are bound in white,
* top has faux abalone purfling
* gloss finish (comes in matte finish also)
Sound: 4/5
Whole solid body makes for really great sound over cheap toy ukuleles. Has a very sweet and mellow voice. Strings that came with mine were aquila nylon glut which sound awesome.
Instrument Quality: 4/5
Well put together. There's some leftover glue lumps if you look carefully inside, but on the outside, everything looks solid and has a nice glossy shine. Tuner knobs are white plastic but they work fine, you can get them exchanged if you wish at some dealers.
Playbility: 4/5
Soprano sized ukulele is probably 3 times smaller than a regular sized acoustic guitar. The Jenny fits snuggly under your arms. Well placed frets and very nice strings enhance playability. No real problems. The Jenny keeps it's tune pretty well, but like most ukuleles, it need retuning after couple of days of play.
Overall Value: 4/5
For the price, it's got great sound and construction. I'm not sure if you'll even be able to find another mid ranged priced ukulele that looks or sounds as nice as the Jenny. It's a great starter instrument if anyone wants to try the ukulele.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU