Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

College
Oct 5, 2004
College
Title of Instrument: Godin LG
Price Paid / Price New: $350/$500
Year Manufactured: Example: 2003
Specs:
Solid Mahogany body
Solid Mahogany bolt-on Neck with Rosewood fingerboard
Godin Tuners
String through body design
Tune-o-matic bridge
24-frets
Seymour Duncan P-90 pickups
High gloss gold paint job

Sound: 4.5/5 It has an incredibly versitile sound. I can play everything from classic rock to jazz (This requires changes of string gauge of course). The P-90 pickups provide crisp clean tones and if distortion is applied, is best used in small quantities. It does not fit the bill very well as far as heavy distortion goes.

Instrument Quality: 4.5/5 I'm being pretty darn nit-picky on this one. My only complaint about this very solid instrument is in the restringing process. Trying to stick a '9 through the back is tricky as hell. Don't be in a hurry and you're okay though. Other than that, this is a very solid, stable instrument that can take a beating.

Playbility: 4/5 It has the "sticky" mahogany neck which takes a little getting used to if you've never played on one before. The frets are nicely shaped though and the low setup of the bridge and pickups makes for a very comfortable right hand position. Fingerpicking feels very natural.

Overall Value: 5/5 I picked this up used without a scratch on it and it had already been setup. Godin retains their reputation for making some of the "best in class" guitars and this one is no exception. I would definetly have paid full price for it and doubt that I will purchase another solid body electric anytime in the near future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU