Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

espnmarshall
Oct 12, 2004
Abacabb, Close Distance, Press Back twice and then Low Punch, enjoy
Title of Equipment- ESP Eclipse II VB (Vintage Black)

Price Paid / Price New: $1650 (after tax)/ 1730 (before tax)

Year Manufactured: 2006

Specifications: (from ESPs website)
Set-Neck Construction
24.75" scale
3 piece mahogany neck
Ebony fingerboard
Flag inlays (w/ ESP at 12th fret)
EMG 81(B)/60 active pickups
2 volume/1 tone control with 3-way toggle
Gold hardware
Sperzel Locking Tuners
Bone Nut
GOTOH tune-o-matic bridge with stop tailpiece
Aged triple white binding on body and headstock, white binding on neck
22 XJ frets

Sound: 5/5
On any other istrument that I've ever played, I would have never thought to put a 5/5 (except a Hamer). Everything from the pickups to the neck joint to the finish contribute to this guitars sound. The EMG's seem to be the least important attribute this guitar uses to make the sound that it does. The finish is satin so it's dry and thinner on the body than you would find in a korean guitar and even most japanese guitars, giving it that american guitar low end and resonance. However, the 81 gives it the output to hit much harder than a Les Paul. The 60 has a fantastic clean tone and a really fat distorted tone if you want the more vocal sound of the neck pickup. Mahogany from tip to tip sounds amazing.

EDIT: The neck of the guitar also has the satin finish so it slides nice and smooth like an unfinished neck (as with most bolt-ons)

Equipment Quality: 5/5
The specs on the website are partially inaccurate, the hardware is gold but its brushed gold. This is actually better because it means it won't show any rust or oxidation and such that will occur is likely to be minimal. The binding is flawless, and the build quality otherwise is fantastic. The size of the frets doesn't matter to me because I have a light touch, even when playing metal, but fret size can be a problem if you are a little ham-handed, so they were nice enough to provide. This guitar has both an ebony fretboard, so you'll get minimal friction from the wood, and XJ frets, a nice medium considering a lot of the ESP LTD customers might be accustomed to XXJ. Those of you who own USA guitars might be inclined to jumbo frets instead. The neck is thin enough to fly on, but not so thin as to be uncomfortable after a few hours of playing.

Usefulness: 4.9/5 I will definitely be playing this guitar on a stage. You won't look awkward whether you are playing thrash metal, jazz/classical, country, etc. I only give it a 4.9/5 because I didn't need to buy this.... but I NEEDED to buy it!

Overall Value: 5/5 I feel like I purchased Hamer custom shop quality for the price of a mass produced Gibson. I do work at a guitar store so I did get a huge break on the price, but I would have gladly paid the 2 big ones that this would have come to.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, it comes with a seriously sweet form-fitted hardshell case.

espnmarshall fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jul 19, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU